Would you run loops?

Options
13»

Replies

• rowbseat13
    rowbseat13 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    The loop in my neighborhood is 7/10ths of a mile, and that's what I always run. Have for 2 years. I occasionally take an alternate route that makes it about 1.5 miles, but I like the familiarity of it. I run 6, 7, 8 miles on that loop. It's kinda hilly, so sometimes I reverse halfway through and run the other way, just to change it up. No problems.
  • sunrize_sc
    sunrize_sc Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Who knows, maybe they'll join you. I walk up and down my street and it's a pretty short street.
  • kskalniak
    Options
    I see nothing wrong with running loops....go for it! It's safer too! You do what you feel comfortable with....keep the bathroom close by. Try it a few times and see how you like it.
  • GypsysBloodRose26
    GypsysBloodRose26 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    With IBS, I think it's a great solution to getting outside! Run the loop. Enjoy!

^^ This! It can't be anymore boring than running stationary on a treadmill. Plus, you get the benefits of being outside and able to enjoy the fresh air!
  • kubyshechka
    kubyshechka Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I live in the small neighborhood that is one 1/2 mile loop. I sometimes run loops if I have to stay close to my house. I normally run 3 miles so doing 6 loops gets really boring. But I listen to the music on my iPod and the time goes by fast. By all means run loops, it is still less boring then on the treadmill.
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    the church i run to is .6 miles from my house so go back and forth the stop sign down the road is another .2 miles
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Would my neighbors think I am an idiot or something?
    Why do you care what your neighbors' think about this? If they are watching you go around and around, that means they are just sitting around doing nothing. It's not embarrassing to be the person making an effort to get fit, it's more embarrassing to be the couch potato who just sits around and watches the world go by.

I totally understand - I had IBS when I was suffering from hypothyroidism. I have a treadmill and stay indoors (not because of the IBS anymore, but it's a better option than running and standing at the corner waiting for the light to change every few blocks). I'm not moving at all and I don't get bored because I have music. Do the loop! If you like listening to something while you run, I don't think it will matter that it's a bit repetitive. It doesn't always take running new places for the run to not get boring.