im eating 'fast food' tonight- what is my best option?

Options
2»

Replies

• deedeehawaii
    deedeehawaii Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Burger King Tendergrill Chicken Sandwich without mayo (380 calories). You can add a catsup & pickles for added flavor with few calories (total 400 calories).
  • ccounts
    ccounts Posts: 57
    Options
    The small chili and a side salad at Wendy's is great for you and your pocketbook. I only know of MacDonald's, Wendy's and Burger King, haven't gone to the others, but I know each has a salad option with low fat dressing options and they also have grilled chicken options. For nutritional value you can't beat a salad with grilled chicken on top.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I vote for subway, That is basically the only fast food i get.

me too, i love it

Have to agree.... 6 " veggie delight no cheese no sauce 230 calories.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Subway black forest ham or roast beef, no cheese, a little lite mayo. Get the $5 footlong, have half now, other half for lunch tomorrow. If you ask nicely they'll even wrap the 2 halves separately for you.

Ya', it's got a little sodium. So you'll retain a pound of water tomorrow. It'll be gone by friday, so who cares?
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Subway black forest ham or roast beef, no cheese, a little lite mayo. Get the $5 footlong, have half now, other half for lunch tomorrow. If you ask nicely they'll even wrap the 2 halves separately for you.

Ya', it's got a little sodium. So you'll retain a pound of water tomorrow. It'll be gone by friday, so who cares?

Casper, you are a man after my own heart! Those are my two favorite subs, except I've been getting them with red wine vinaigrette. And is there any excuse to not spend the $1.50 more so that you can lunch tomorrow also? Cheap lunch for 2 days!

As for the water weight, just drink LOTS more water! I usually down at least 64 oz before, during and after a Subway trip. It does help, plus it makes it harder to eat as much!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Cheap delicious lunch for 2 days, and about 300 cals per. Oh ya', I do Subway religiously.

And by religiously. I don't mean "all the time",,, I really mean "Religiously". Jared is my shepard, I shall not want. Hehehe,,, :bigsmile:
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    no brainer! Subway! yummmmmmmmm
  • smitchell37
    smitchell37 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I know Im late but I always like subway. The southwest chicken salad from McyDs is AWESOME. Wendys I get a side salad and sm chili and put the chili on the salad MMMMMMMMMMMMM now my salad I had for lunch sounds boring
  • shinybonnie
    Options
    I love Subway's turkey breast and ham SALAD. I get it with tomato, cucumber, green pepper, and banana peppers. Oh, and shredded cheese! No dressing. The banana peppers really take the place of dressing for me - they give it a good solid zing which the dressing used to provide for me. But banana peppers have like no calories or fat.

But when I think "Fast Food," I don't think of subway, because it's really not fast. If I'm in a hurry, I'd go to Taco Bell and get one or two of their Fresco Ranchero Chicken Soft Taco - it's 130 or 170 calories and VERY filling and tasty!