I have no support team in my life! HELP!

Options
No one else in my family is really heavy I get comments about the weight ive gained over the past couple of years all the time from family and Friends. Example my dad and I were out to breakfast and he told me his weight and I said omg I weight two more pounds then you. His response was omg Amanda you dont need breakfast if you weight more then I do. No one in my life cares about weight issues just me. I've been on and off MFP trying to connect with people that have the same issues and goals as me but even now not very many people comment or give advice on my diary, days, exercise, and etc. I am always commenting and praising MFP friends. I just really want the same in return please add me if you think you can help me out or comment. Thank you.

Replies

• fighterdiva
    fighterdiva Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You're doing so great so far!
  • Time2LightenUp
    Options
    Thank you! :) ^
  • d4651
    d4651 Posts: 3
    Options
    Keep up the hard work it will get better soon.......I have lost 25 pounds and get nothing but support now........It's funny how that works!!!!!! Keep it up!!!!!!!!
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a friend! I love to offer support. Don't get discouraged. I have been both skinny and fat and I can tell you that when I was skinny I had no idea how hard losing weight was. If your family has never had to struggle to lose weight there is no possible way for them to get what you are going through. Just let what they say go in one ear and out the other.
  • casNrice
    casNrice Posts: 14
    Options
    Well, I certainly hope that they come around and realize we all have struggles, some of us just carry those struggles on our *kitten*...and hips...and thighs! Easier said than done, but don't let their lack of support keep you where you aren't happy. Good Luck!!!
  • Time2LightenUp
    Options
    I like the way you put that CasNrice made me smile. :) Thank you.
  • Time2LightenUp
    Options
    Thank you ladies! Its really good to hear I'm not alone in feeling like I have no support and that there are supportive people out there! :)
  • JMMac121
    JMMac121 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Add me. If anything, I can be your little cheerleader (well, hope to be little cheerleader)!
  • pazla88
    pazla88 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) I know how important it is to have that support systems, together we can help each other reach our fitness goals! Keep it up and don't lost hope!
  • Time2LightenUp
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) I know how important it is to have that support systems, together we can help each other reach our fitness goals! Keep it up and don't lost hope!

Sent a request thank you! :)
  • kdchick99
    kdchick99 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Gladly will be a support system for you. Feel free to add me!
  • bchgrl8
    bchgrl8 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I've been on here 15 days and always seem to get a lot of support! People get busy with everyday life..but we're all in the same boat and here for each other! Can't wait til I hit "double digits"..Good for you!!!:bigsmile:
  • Time2LightenUp
    Options
    I've been on here 15 days and always seem to get a lot of support! People get busy with everyday life..but we're all in the same boat and here for each other! Can't wait til I hit "double digits"..Good for you!!!:bigsmile:

Thank you. I'm sure you'll get there soon. I've been stuck at 12lbs now tho! :(
  • aliciatea1050
    Options
    Me too!! My husband sits around at night and eats junk knowing I am trying to lose weight. NO SUPPORT!! LOL!!
  • MsRoxyPepper
    MsRoxyPepper Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You are off to a great start! Im in it for the long haul. we will get through this together
  • Time2LightenUp
    Options
    You are off to a great start! Im in it for the long haul. we will get through this together

40lbs is amazing awesome work! You are inspiration!
  • ginabops
    ginabops Posts: 26
    Options
    Im a wellness and health coach. You can add me to your friends list.
  • tmj2191
    tmj2191 Posts: 76
    Options
    Feel free to add, glad to support in any way! Your making positive choices towards being healthy and fit already :)
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add...I like to motivate people and love being motivated! That goes for everyone...feel free to add :)
  • JDavid007
    JDavid007 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I am a hell of a supporter...I have been here over 200 days lost 44 lbs want to lose another 28...I do my best daily to give encouragement...I have a great friend base and would love to add you to that list...