Fat

Options
I used the mfp goal for daily calories--I said I had a sedentary life style etc., so it came out with approximately 1500 calories (I am 50, 5'4", 155)

It also gave me the carbs/fat etc. like all of you have.

Question 1: For fat, I have read many times, we should be between 25 and 50 grams. MFP put me at 61?

Would anyone know why it is that high? I just realized it recently.

Question 2: I assume cheese is the "bad" kind of fat--We need fat, but probably nuts etc. so cheese is bad if I have it on a sandwich? It shows 2 slices of munster to be about 16 grams of fat....

Thanks everyone

I als

Replies

• carolebville
    carolebville Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Try this calculation also. Go to: www.quickbmr.com.what-is-tdee.html

You enter in your weight, your height, and age, etc.

The BMR figure (what you would eat just to survive) is one figure; The TDEE factoring in your activity level is another figure.

So, go to that website and do your own entries and see what happens.

I'm 54 and currently 194-ish and I would consider myself moderately active. My numbers are 1577BMR / 2444TDEE.

That may give you another level of caloric intake.

I don't consider any food 'bad'....it's just how much you eat of it. If you want a few slices of cheese, eat them. But don't have them each day and with every meal!!!! I consider the MFP way of life to mean eating real food. I don't worry about going over on some days; because most days I don't. You'll learn once you start entering what your eating what you need to stay away from and what you can enjoy more.

Best wishes!
  • kima1144
    kima1144 Posts: 28
    Options
    can some tell me what tdee mean and bmr im new and not sure
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i love fat. it doesn't make you get fat (unless you overeat, of course)