Anyone out there willing to tell me to knock it off daily?

Options
Hi weight loss world - i'm in the midst of an awful yo-yo diet depression - i am looking for someone who is willing to tell me to knock off the excuses (in exchange of course for some powerful motivation from me as well)

I've tried doing this the soft and fluffy way - it's time to kick my butt.

Anyone interested in being partners?:flowerforyou:

Holly

Replies

• AndyBee
    AndyBee Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Just remember... you asked for it ;)
  • hopes_fury
    hopes_fury Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    yep and I"LL EVEN USE CAPS LOL
  • twonkieone
    twonkieone Posts: 132
    Options
    KNOCK IT OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm the mom of 5 and a teacher --- I can totally tell you what to do and give you stink eye!!! :huh: plus - i need to lose 30 pounds so feel free to dish it right back to me!!!!! :laugh:
  • jacksagod
    jacksagod Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    sure more than happy to help keep you motivated!!!
  • babymine55
    babymine55 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Just remember... you asked for it ;)

My sentiments EXACTLY!!! ;)
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Hi weight loss world - i'm in the midst of an awful yo-yo diet depression - i am looking for someone who is willing to tell me to knock off the excuses (in exchange of course for some powerful motivation from me as well)

I've tried doing this the soft and fluffy way - it's time to kick my butt.

Anyone interested in being partners?:flowerforyou:

Holly

You have already said to yourself. There is no need for any of us to tell you.
  • Vercell
    Vercell Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Sounds good you can add me looking for the same.
  • jimzisa
    jimzisa Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Count me IN. I started 9 weeks ago with a general weight loss goal of 80 lbs over a short time frame - 20 weeks at the outside. I'm down about 30 - 35 pounds to date and, of late, I'm struggling for motivation for the workouts, the food choices, damned near everything. I'm considering planning workouts 2 weeks at a time just to set the tone and try a little self-accountability. We'll see if it works. So, yeah, I'll co-miserate a little if need be and keep tabs on your progress if you'd like? I'll ask the same in return though.

Sooo, SUCK IT UP AND KNOCK IT OFF. The best, and I mean the BEST time to work out is when you DON'T want to. Some days, I hate the thought of working out and, when I finish, I love the idea of having done it. Celebrate the little victories - they add up to big results. My wife is on her own fitness quest. We work out together sometimes - she's learning to run and I was a triathlete when I was young. Do I motivate her? Probably, but only through observations and validation - she's a psychologist and beholden to the idea that spouses shouldn't try to teach / drive / push each other through their respective limits. The point? It will be fun to support and motivate a total stranger - and to receive the same in return from someone who doesn't care how "snarky" really sounds.

Everyone MUST have a "no whining" zone in their lives. Let this one be yours.
  • twonkieone
    twonkieone Posts: 132
    Options

Everyone MUST have a "no whining" zone in their lives. Let this one be yours.

Oh yeah - No whining and get your *kitten* in gear!!!! :smile:
  • auntiemsgr8
    auntiemsgr8 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Holly- I'm willing. I'm just getting started so I've got lots of learning to do on the 'right' way to succeed. I lost a little before joing MFP but have a long way to go. Anyone can add me, :bigsmile:
  • cmacohio1975
    cmacohio1975 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have a long way to go too, feel free to add me! :)
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I specialize in no-BS pep talks and am willing to offer my services to anyone who requires them. I pretty much aspire to be Lewis Black the Life Coach, if my Plan A of getting a PhD doesn't pan out.
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I'm in, but your diary has to be open :)