It's Official I am a Triathlete, with Pics

Options

Replies

• grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Just totally awesome! Congratulations! Your friend is right, you are an inspiration!
  • Ant_the_old_keith_lemon
    Options
    Respect!!!

this after watching the olympics is the direction i really want to train towards..

i bet you had a massive grin re-reading your blog entry, i know i would - perhaps even a slight tear.

hats off to you for pushing hard, thats the name of the game
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    absolutely awesome!
  • BeeRobin
    BeeRobin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You are inspirational.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    You are my hero!
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    You inspire me so much Jay thanks
  • kiachu
    kiachu Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Wow that's great. I admire people that do that kind of stuff. I'm so lazy... lol
  • schillewis
    schillewis Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    In-freaking-credible. Your physical transformation is remarkable. But I also love how you talk about the real magic happening outside of your comfort zone. You accomplished something most people never do...BRAVO!!
  • jcmartin0313
    jcmartin0313 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I did my first one in June and plan to do another soon. Awesome job triathlete!
  • freew67
    freew67 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Bravo! Im finally getting to the point I feel I might be able to survive one.

Did you have a training plan or just wing it?

http://freew67.blogspot.com/
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! Thanks for sharing.
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    Bravo! Im finally getting to the point I feel I might be able to survive one.

Did you have a training plan or just wing it?

Thanks everyone for your words of encouragement. As far as training went, I sort of winged it. I didn't swim at all, but my normal workout routine usually incorporates a run usually from 5 to 7 miles and a bike ride anywhere from 15 to 25 miles. Not on the same day though. If I learned one thing, swimming should be worked in as well as a plan for the transition area. I took the swimming too lightly but it was pretty short part of the event.

Thanks again all
  • freew67
    freew67 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Gotcha, maybe Ill start with a duathlon. lol I have very limited places to swim around here.

• petergarcia82
    petergarcia82 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have said it before and will say again. Your such an insperation. I hope to do this someday. I have done a 5k @ 40 min and hope I will be able to do what you have done in less than a year.
  • bigmike7801
    bigmike7801 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I have said it before and will say again. Your such an insperation. I hope to do this someday. I have done a 5k @ 40 min and hope I will be able to do what you have done in less than a year.

Just stick to your plan buddy, you have made tremendous strides since being on MFP. When you started did you ever think you would do a 5k, I sure as hell didn't think I would. The key for me has been consistency.
  • mlwatts2
    mlwatts2 Posts: 247
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting!! I am doing my first Tri next weekend!! Can't freaking wait!! I have prepped and planned all summer! Now I just want the big day here!! EXCELLENT work!!!
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing!! Great job!!
  • pattie317
    pattie317 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    WOW!! How great..what an accomplishment!!
  • mstifb
    mstifb Posts: 230
    Options
    That's great!!! Thanks for sharing! :glasses:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!