over 100 pounds to lose and get frustrated easily

Options
2»

Replies

• jodes032
    jodes032 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    when i started my journey, my goal was 100 lbs. i split my goal into 2. I have reached my first goal and am currently working on the second half. i'm 46 yrs old, and it's hard, yes, but you can do it! slow and steady wins the race! feel free to add me as a friend and good luck! :happy:
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Take it one day at a time. That is what I do. I had a possible 200 pounds to lose (still don't have a target weight) but I have lost over 170 pounds so far in 14 months.

Set mini targets that are more easily achieved. I am currently on 14 stone 6 pounds and my next target is 14 stone (196) pounds). I am on the verge of being under 200 pounds at currently 202.
  • been285
    been285 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    ARE YOU READY ???

nothing your friends post will help ..... without you finding ten times more tricks to help yourself.

Find ways to be content ,, and lose.

one of the many tricks I use on myself is to close my pantry door. sounds stupid but if I see it,,,, I want to eat it

how many things can you do to make losing easier ?

• CarrieAnne22
    CarrieAnne22 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I started of this year with at least 80 to lose & I'm about 46 pounds down at this point. While it has definitely been all up to me to do the work, amke the changes & stay on track to make it happen, I credit MFP with a great deal of it because without it I don't think I would've kept with it or done as well as I have so far. I have several friends here who have already lost more than 100 lbs, one in particular who has lost over 240! Just remember that nothing is going to work 100%, 100% of the time, but you can do it if you look past the bad days to the bigger picture.....a new, improved, healthier YOU!!! YOU DESERVE THIS!!!!

Feel free to add me as a friend, if you'd like. :flowerforyou:
  • Dawners98
    Dawners98 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest....the only one who can keep you motivated is you. You can read all the encouraging information you want, but you're the only one there at 10pm when the fridge is calling! When I started, sure I wanted to lose weight, but what I really wanted was to get healthy. Even after losing 76 out of 110 pounds, that remains my motivation and is always in the back of my mind. Weight loss was always just a benefit - not the goal, because it's too easy to get discouraged if you focus too much on weight as a goal. It's great to see the social support even of those who are not your friends, because most of us are in the process of trying to change our lives and we're all in the same boat. Good luck in your journey - don't get discouraged. Keep on trucking and in a year, you'll look back and be amazed at what you've accomplished!
  • rkdoneburg
    rkdoneburg Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Don't mean to be rude but since we can't see your diary to know how on track you've been during your small loss, I'm left with questions. Have you seen your doctor and made sure you are not insulin resistant or have any other medical condition which might lead to a more specific diet plan than just counting points. Also, have you considered weight loss surgery? I ask the later because while it is still very hard work you can't fail because you've lost motivation, your body will still lose because your intake is restricted. You also seem to want faster results which you get with the surgery option.

I didn't know I could set my diary up for others to see, I will look into that. Yes I have seen my dr, no I am not diabetic or have any other medical conditions keeping me from losing weight. I have considered surgery but have also decided against it. I'm not necessarily looking for a quick fix, just feel like I don't see results the way I put in the effort, that''s all. But by reading other entries, I'm learning to be ok with a small loss as long as it's a loss.
  • rkdoneburg
    rkdoneburg Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Regarding having over 100 lbs. to lose, check out this group, I'm sure you'll get lots of motivation there!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/685-100-lbs-to-lose

Thank you so much for the lead. I will definitely check it out.
  • JNHeff
    JNHeff Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    WOW! how INSPIRING! i am sooooo proud of you for your awesome weight loss. i have about 160 pounds to go. would you consider being my "friend"? just thinking about it kinda overwhelms me. thanks!

janie :smile:
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I was once around 220 and got down to 152, then in two years I am back up to 168. It is a hard road and you need to keep at it. open your diary and I will see what u are eating
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I've never had that much weight to lose but have set many goals throughout my life and do the same with my weight goals. If you think of the whole amount you have to lose, it's almost too overwhelming and it is discouraging. But if you break up the total amount in manageable mini goals, like ten pounds, you can do it much easier and get less discouraged - hopefully not discouraged at all.
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Hi. :-)

I've lost well over 200 pounds, and still have 50 to go. I don't consider it minimizing to say big numbers like that are different than smaller ones - although many of the same strategies work. I've found I can learn from most people here, whether they are maintaining a 5 lb lost or have 100 to go.

I'm glad you're here. I've found MFP to be a great tool to help me along the way. But it's just that - a resource. I find inspiration here, a few supportive friends, folks with like goals, new ideas, and I really like their diary and tracking options. This helps me more often than not.

For folks that have a lot to lose, I think it's all about keeping it in perspective and keeping it real. Last month - I was on fire and had a stellar month. This month has really sucked and I haven't tracked like I should. But... it's about the long run here, not how I did this week. For me, it's just about not giving up and continuing to try. . . and making more great choices than bad ones on average.

So, hope that helps. I'd suggest reading through the boards, reading through profiles, and carefully selecting a few people you think you'll jive with. Try not to get discouraged or irritated at the ones that you DON'T jive with... and keep it all in perspective.

Best of luck to you!
  • Sissy4EverX3
    Options
    I started out at 365lbs with a goal to lose 225lbs. (Which would put me at 140lbs!) As of my last weigh-in last Saturday, I am a 1/2 pound away from a 90lb loss in 18 months. I dropped 10lbs a month for the first 8 months, then stalled out from October of last year until about a month or so ago. I didn't quit, per say, but I did lose a ton of my motivation and I have struggled to get back on track since. I'm now down to close to 270lbs and have adjusted my ultimate goal to weigh 165lbs by Christmas 2013. The way I see it, the only person I have to please is me. Screw everyone else. I eat what I want, when I want -- I know what works for me. I'll probably get flamed for this, but the naysayers and people who nitpick at diaries are my pet peeve around here. I have deleted friends for "yelling" at me about my sodium intake (yes, sodium is a B@TCH to control, especially when you love ham and chips as much as I do) and telling me how they think I should do it.. you'll very rarely see me ask for advice in regards to my diary. You have to find what works for you and then stick to it. If you have a bad day now and then, suck it up and move on.
  • tvanhooser
    tvanhooser Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hmmm! Learned something new today...I thought "bump" was like a knuckle bump or high five to congratulate someone on an accomplishment.
  • Uxorial
    Uxorial Posts: 38
    Options
    I lost 100 lbs, got pregnant, gained that weight, lost gain, gained a few lbs here and there, lost gain, etc. It did get easier for me once I passed certain "landmarks." For example, now that I am under 200 lbs, I am pretty confident I won't go over again. It is just a mental thing for me.

Losing 100 lbs took me about a year and a half?

I did take breaks and maintain from time to time after that. That worked for me.

Now I am back at it again to lose the last 40 lbs.
  • lindavazcook
    Options
    I do not have 100 pounds to loose, but 60 is a lot too, especially when everyone around me can eat whatever they want. I can tell you that having friends to motivate you and making sure you log your food intake daily is the biggest challenge I have had besides losing the weight. :) Feel free to add me as a friend as well.

Also looking at others food diaries also helps to get different ideas about what are different things you can eat.

Good luck to you!
  • junglejd13
    junglejd13 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    BUMPY!
    My profile is private, but I would love some "like challenged friends" that are starting a 100+ loss journey. Please anyone, feel free to add me! I have a silly sense of humor, just started back up with MFP again, working out, and looking for support!
  • JNHeff
    Options
    i wish you the best on your weight loss journey. i have over 150 pounds to lose. when i think about it, it completely overwhelms me. i'm hoping mfp will help me make some good habits (keeping a food and exercise diary) that will lead to weight loss. for me, it is now a matter of getting healthy. i have had some major health issues this year, directly related to my weight, and i just HAVE to get healthy!
    take good care of yourself, and remember: you're WORTH it!

janie :flowerforyou:
  • JNHeff
    Options
    i enjoyed reading your post. thanks for your advice. i'm just getting started here. lost a considerably amount of weight in the past, have gained back a sizeable amount, and amealthy now trying to lose it again. this time i have to make some major changes to get healthy. i'm not sure how to do this posting stuff, but i'll figure it out eventually. my hat's off to you for your success! thanks for your encouragement. :smile:

janie