What is the correct calorie content in shrimp?

Options
I was wondering what the correct calories per 4oz of shrimp was. I bought a package of Harvest of the Sea raw, peeled shrimp from costco and it says that per 4oz of shrimp there are 60 calories. But when compared to some online sources, raw shrimp has 120 calories per 4 oz. Which one is correct?

Replies

• HankHill4321
    Options
    bump
  • kristenn1989
    kristenn1989 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm usually inclined to go with the packaging.
  • knk1553
    knk1553 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    go with whats on the package, it can't be put on the package without FDA approval for being correct
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I would go with the one thats posted on the package if that is available to you.
  • HankHill4321
    Options
    Why would there be such a big difference? Shrimp is shrimp right?
  • MsDivineM
    Options
    Check the package cuz usually its for only 3oz. Most severing sizes of meat are only 3oz. I would always go with the package!
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Why would there be such a big difference? Shrimp is shrimp right?

This is why the packaged count is soimportant because other brands may inject their shrimp with a solution that increases calories/sodium et cetera.Go with the label!
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    If you don't eat te shells, feet, and heads, that may make a difference. I'm not being a smart Alec for once.
  • amswanson3
    amswanson3 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Go with the packaging. The package I get has a 80 cal per 3 oz serving. It changes with brand. I think that size plays a role but not sure why it is so different.. but it is.
  • HankHill4321
    Options
    Ok. seems like the consensus is to go with the packaging. But the packaging does clearly say that it is for 4oz shrimp with 60 calories not 3oz.