Question for the Warriors!

Options
I am competing in the Warrior Dash in WI this weekend. Has anyone ever worn their Polar FT4 HRM when running this race? I know it is waterproof, but is it Warrior Dash/Mud proof as well? And tell me everything else you want to tell me, so excited!

Replies

• DawnVanSlim
    DawnVanSlim Posts: 10,471
    Options
    And, I want to know how long it took for you to finish the race? I usually run normal 5K's in 32ish minutes. So I am curious what my finish time will look like. Thanks so much!
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I'm running in my first one this weekend too! I'm super excited!
  • kristy3119
    kristy3119 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the one in WI this weekend too! I'm a little nervous as I'm not a great runner, but SO pumped.
  • DawnVanSlim
    Options
    YAY!! Aren't you so glad that the weather is going to be so nice for it. I was nervous for a while that it was going to be in the 90's! What wave time do you have? I am running in the first wave at 9am :drinker:
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Skinny_Jeans_Soon Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I did wear my polar ft40 in my last 5k mud run race. It was just fine, I washed it out at the fire struck spray after the race. It is still working perfectly.
  • DawnVanSlim
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you so much, Skinny, for that info. I was thinking that it should be just fine. But it is good to hear that it was put to the test!
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Skinny_Jeans_Soon Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    One other thought, you might want to google the model that works fine in water, then look at the back of your watch to ensure it will be fine. It is my understanding that not all can go in the water.
  • kristy3119
    kristy3119 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    YAY!! Aren't you so glad that the weather is going to be so nice for it. I was nervous for a while that it was going to be in the 90's! What wave time do you have? I am running in the first wave at 9am :drinker:

Oh I know! I was sooo concerned that it would be hot! I'm in the 10:30 wave.
  • DawnVanSlim
    Options
    Good luck to all who is running it this weekend! Come back here and share your story if you want!
  • Usa9872001
    Usa9872001 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I would be a little worried about wearing one for the Warrior. I did two Warrior Dashes last year and I amount of mud was quite significant. Definetly don't wear anything that you are worried about keeping! Have a blast. I am not doing Wisconsin this year because it's too close to the marathon I am training for and I don't want to risk getting hurt.
  • savlov30
    savlov30 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Warrior Dash is not like a 5k. Good luck. I did not wear a HRM when doing it. It is so much fun. My new passion is mud races. Doing 2 in Oct. Just enjoy the experience. Make sure you have upper arm strength. You may have a time you want and it may have to be adjusted because of the wait on the obstacles.

Julianne