Indirect exercise question: chiggers!!

Options
2»

Replies

• annecolorgreen
    annecolorgreen Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    lol, yes larrybartlett, I definitely drink and that would be wonderful if I didn't have to add all the drinks to my food diary!! :) I am starting to feel better...occasionally, it gets bad, but overall I'm better. Not sure which treatment helped the best but I don't care at this point :)
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    LOTS of nail polish, like your painting the cistien chapel, before hand rubbing alcohol soke it. benidril also make a oitment just for them.. hope something helps
  • jus_in_bello
    jus_in_bello Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I have a hilarious chigger story. I worked at a camp and was mowing by the sewer treatment area and my stomach got COVERED in them because I was wearing a bikini top, my boss had no idea what it was and I reacted so severely I was throwing up, so I drove two hours home (not the safest choice I've ever made), went to my doc, showed my nurse who pulled up her shirt to show me HER chigger bites saying she got them picking raspberries and could she stay while I talked to the doc so she'd know what to do for her bites. The doc came in, announced it was chiggers, the nurse and I asked what to do, the doc went to WebMD to find a "cure" I ended up using some anti-itch lotion and taking A LOT of Benadryl. I also used straight rubbing alcohol and peroxide at different times. It would wake me up in the middle of the night because of the itching. Now I use that Deep Woods stuff that like repels all bugs and wild animals...okay, not wild animals, but it's serious bug spray.
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    You could get steroids at the doctor it will go away much faster