scale weight. Which weight do i use? morning or night?

Options
I get two different readings through the day. Idk which one to use. ive posted something similar to this in the past but it didnt answer my question. 9-12am weight is 111.2 and its that again at 12-2am. the rest of the day 1-12pm its 112.2. People said just use the 111.2 because it sounds better.But i dont want what sounds better. I want my actual weight. So, is their any way to see what you really weigh? Or is their a certain time of day i should weigh?

-Jenn

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    personally i would weigh yourself 1st thing in the morning after you go to the bathroom....either with clothes on or without but make sure its consistant ... GOOD LUCK
  • will4change
    Options
    I usually weigh first thing in the mornig and on the same scale.. That seems to keep me from getting all confused. Hope that helps
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Well you are hopefully eating, so of course your weight is going to be higher in the afternoon. I'd pick one time to weigh and be consistent about it each week. Or day.
  • GreenDayChick820
    Options
    I agree with megan, thats when I weigh myself. And I would do it once a week sense your weight can fluctuate week by week.
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    I try to weigh in on Wednesday's in the morning, after going to the bathroom but before eating. I picked Wednesday because I tend to eat more sodium on the weekends and by Wednesday the extra water weight is out of my system and I do morning because I havent eaten anything so its just my weight on the scale, not the oatmeal & coffee I had for breakfast.
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    It's really not possible to get your "actual" weight by weighing daily or multiple times during the day. Your body weight will fluctuate anwhere from 3 to 7 pounds daily depending on your food intake, fluid intake, water retention. Even the exercise you are doing can have a short impact on your weight.

I would recommend that you choose one day a week and weigh at the same time every week. That will give you a more accurate measurement. Most people agree that the morning is best but it doesn't really matter.

If you absolutely must weight multiple times during the day then you might want to take the average of your measurements.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Obviously, the lower one is your actual weight. Weigh yourself in the AM before eating and after going to the washroom. That's the closest you're going to get to your actual weight.
  • jennbissonnette
    Options
    OK. I got up this morning... tinkled, then weighed myself before i ate. I got a reading of 110. It usually fluxuates between 110 and 112. Thanks guys for all the help!
  • zeala
    zeala Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    both of the weights are correct, only throughout the day your water and food content in your body changes. As others have said, just be consistent. The best is probably to do it in the morning after a bathroom break, because by night, it may be more different depending what you had to drink/eat during the day.