How many coffee is to many coffee?

Options
Hi

I love coffee. I have cut my coffee intake down to three coffees but is this still too much?

I have trim milk, one coffee, and sweetener.

Allie xo

Replies

• DfantaBeneFIT
    Options
    Caffeine has a 4 hour half live so i really wouldnt drink more then 1 in that time frame. Too much coffee can be stressful on the adrenal system. I would say two servings a day is probably OK. I do espresso in the morning (double shot) then one around 5pm.
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of coffee. I cut down to one cup a day for a month and I was miserable. I'm happily back to a pot or more a day.:drinker:
  • whiskeycharged
    whiskeycharged Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    coffee.gif

I have other caffeine sources too so I limit myself between 1 and 3 cups a day max.
  • pixelsurgeon88
    pixelsurgeon88 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    coffee.gif

I have other caffeine sources too so I limit myself between 1 and 3 cups a day max.

Haha I love these....haven't seen this one before!
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    You can NEVER drink too much coffee IMO :wink:
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    try switching to Crio Bru. It's about the same price as a bag of joe. Crio Bru is roasted ground cacao nibs. More antioxidants, less acidity. Good stuff!
  • zoombaby
    zoombaby Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    To tell you the truth, its very very hard to get poisoned by the coffee or to die. Coffee its originality natural toxin produced as defensive mechanism to protect the plant (coffee plant) from the insect. So unless you are 0.001g its not poisonits to you, at least there is no known amount of the coffee that would kill you, if you are very curious you could try to determine it.

Basically you can drink it as much as possible, but more you drink it more you need to get the kick :D..
  • xarge
    xarge Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Caffeine has a 4 hour half live so i really wouldnt drink more then 1 in that time frame.

^To add, don't go over 300-400mg of caffeine in above. That's around when you see negative symptoms of caffeine.
  • xarge
    Options
    To tell you the truth, its very very hard to get poisoned by the coffee or to die. Coffee its originality natural toxin produced as defensive mechanism to protect the plant (coffee plant) from the insect. So unless you are 0.001g its not poisonits to you, at least there is no known amount of the coffee that would kill you, if you are very curious you could try to determine it.

Basically you can drink it as much as possible, but more you drink it more you need to get the kick :D..

That's very wrong and misleading. Caffeine in high amounts can kill you especially in supplement form since they're easy to take but it's not impossible to have that much with coffee either, they're called espresso shots.
  • CandeesLand
    Options
    I'm at about 2 a day, sometimes more if I don't sleep well and need a pick me up.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options

That's very wrong and misleading. Caffeine in high amounts can kill you especially in supplement form since they're easy to take but it's not impossible to have that much with coffee either, they're called espresso shots.

So scary...
  • stepgingerly
    Options
    (3 a day girl myself.) An article in my newspaper a couple weeks ago touted coffee as the next red wine or chocolate. --one a day actually good for you due to antioxidants. But according to the article you get the same good effects from decaf -- I've been trying to back off on the fully caffeinated variety to only one (large travel mug) a day. When I start feeling my heart flutter/race I know I've gone WAY over what I should be doing. Can't be good when my body is complaining!
  • Heyyleigh
    Heyyleigh Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I tried to give it up along with the coffee mate, I Too was MISERABLE! So, I just take the hit on the calories for the creamer and move on...........HAPPY. This is a lifestyle change and I dont plan to ever give up, enough said! :drinker:
  • xarge
    Options
    So scary...

Shots? :laugh: On a serious note though, most people get symptoms of anxiety at that 300-500mg. Elevated high rate can cause problems who already have blood pressure problems or heart problems of course. Effect of higher doses depend on the person and body condition but 1000mg and above is usually not safe in a short period of time. Oh, and not just coffee. Energy drinks as well! I always forget about them -.-

People do die from too much caffeine. I'm not sure if it's sad and accidental or like natural selection.
  • zoombaby
    zoombaby Posts: 14 Member
    Options

Can you please provide any compelling evidence to support your claims?
  • GoalSixPack
    Options
    My coffee cup is 40oz, normal day I fill it twice with coffee and once with green tea. I also drink 25-28 servings go water on top of that. Nom nom coffee.

P.s. I drink my coffee black and tea plain. Maybe once a day put alittle almond milk in.
  • emtron500
    emtron500 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I've become very sick from a caffeine overdose in the past. I felt like I was going to die for a couple of hours and then got over it. That was after maybe 10-15 double shots of espresso in less than an hour. 3 coffees over the course of a day is nothing :)

That said, sometimes it's fun to cut back on coffee just so when you go back to your old ways you actually feel the buzz again...
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Espresso shots actually have a fraction of the caffeine of a regular cup of coffee and much more flavor. An espresso shot or two diluted with hot water until it is the volume of a regular cup of coffee is actually much more satisfying to me than a regular cup of coffee.

I used to drink a pot a day but I am now down to a cup a day, if that, and I find myself to be better off for it.
  • xarge
    Options

Can you please provide any compelling evidence to support your claims?

If they were claims, I would provide. However I'll be nice.
    http://www.fsijournal.org/article/S0379-0738(03)00417-1/abstract
    http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0379073885901148
  • beansprouts
    beansprouts Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I stopped going to my favorite coffee haunts because I was hooked on their high calorie additives...The good news it that I am now brewing a great pot of coffee at home....Three cups...and I'm good!