Yes this is my weight....

Options
13»

Replies

• Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    To the OP... I had a quick look at your diary. You might want to consider giving up diet sodas completely as, even though they contain no calories, they still contribute to weight gain and make it lots harder to lose fat.

Consuming high amounts of fructose (a type of sugar), artificial sweeteners, and sugar alcohols (another type of low-calorie sweetener) cause your gut bacteria to adapt in a way that interferes with your satiety signals and metabolism, according to a new paper in Obesity Reviews.

http://todayhealth.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/07/05/12548199-the-strange-reason-diet-soda-makes-you-fat?lite
    http://www.organicauthority.com/foodie-buzz/diet-soda-makes-you-fat.html

Hm. Isn't there something in the forum rules about not hijacking a thread with off-topic posts? No matter what your position on diet soda/fructose/whatever is...it's not really appropriate to come on the OP's thread with this. She's celebrating her confidence in "going public" about her weight...and she's lost 47 pounds thus far. I'd venture to say she's doing something right and might not need your "assistance."

To the OP: congratulations on your weight loss so far...the thing that struck me the most about your post was that I was totally focused on seeing that you'd lost 47 pounds...I got all excited about that and forgot what you said you weighed. :wink:
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    220lb man, 5" 11" tall. I was 250 lbs in september of last year. I want to be 199 by the end of this year. I am doing well towards my goal. i was too embarrassed to actually step on a scale last year, so 250 is an estimate...I may have been 256 -260 or who knows.
  • case87
    case87 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I only tell my weight to my husband, my best friend and my mom (other than doctors, but that's not by choice). I hate telling people my weight because I still have a good bit to lose, but I also weigh more than I look like I should. I've had nurses re-weigh me because they thought the scale was just off. A couple have even argued with me when I've weighed in on the manual scales and moved the 50-lb marker to where I knew it needed to be.

I will, however, tell people that I was around 350 at my heaviest. I think hearing that gives them a much different perspective on my current weight. They see how far I've come, rather than just focusing on how much I still need to lose.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but that's not what the OP was asking for. Do you just go on everyone's posts and tell them how they should change their diets? I'm glad I have my diary set so only my friends can see it!

I'm really hoping that you meant to quote the poster above me.

Yep! Sorry! I meant to quote the one who was telling the OP to quit drinking diet soda. Sorry for the confusion!

ETA: Moved it out of the middle of another quote. I'm apparently terrible at waiting for the computer to load before starting to type.
  • SWilkins75
    SWilkins75 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    As I was progressing with my weight loss, it became easier to announce to EVERYONE, "Yeah...I used to weigh over 300 pounds". I do have some issue telling people how much I weigh now because my mind hasn't caught up to the loss and I'm always afraid someone will accuse me of lying. By the way, I now weigh 147. Haha!
    Weight loss surgery or exercise and diet?
  • Anastasia0511
    Anastasia0511 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I use to think that when I was younger like 12 years old and didn't go to the doctors because I didn't want to get weighed at 5'4 and 104 pounds because some *kitten* called me "huge". I was in 6th grade and never forgot that.

I've always been chubby and I remember in elementary school when we'd all have to get our heights and weights done as a class. Everytime I got on the scale, the nurse would walk over and whisper it to the teacher writing everything down instead of announcing it like she did everyone else's. I guess that's when I started feeling like the number on the scale was something I should be ashamed of. I'm really looking forward to the day when I can announce it proudly, though.
    I remember that too. I was skinny and I still got picked on. I was very lean and had collar bones at that age. They would weigh us in class in front of everyone and I remember all the kids looking at the scale just being nosey really but still. I don't even know how they found out because the scales were those old school ones where you slide the black weighted things from side to side haha. I still cant read those things to this day. I quit playing the violin in 6th grade because of that kid who called me huge was in band class with me and my mom was so pissed she went and made a big stink about it and said something to the school, then his parents and then she cornered him one day outside of band camp and he quit band too. So we both lost out in a way. But when you start taking that behavior into adulthood and pick on people cause of their weights or the number on a scale you're just a jerk off. Real people who treat others with respect will treat you right no matter what your size.
  • YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I only tell my close friends and family. Why tell anyone else? I mean if someone was really interested in knowing, I'd tell them, even though it'd be embarrassing. But I usually don't tell anyone and avoid the subject. Not today though, I weigh 265 :]
  • beekuzz
    beekuzz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    It was most important that I not lie to myself about what that number is/was. Some people try to be nice and say, "Oh, no way, you don't look it. You carry it really well." That didn't help me at all. I still have my old driver's license picture when I previously underestimated my weight - now it's worse. My driver's license is to be renewed on my 50th birthday, Sep 2013, and I plan to be a weight I want to be by then. Also, CONGRATULATIONS on both admitting and losing. It's hard work and you're succeeding. YAY!!!
  • mararun
    mararun Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Weighing 146, at 5'2". Want to go down to 125. I know some people might not think it's a lot, buy my cholesterol is high, and my BMI is at 26.7 which is considered overweight. I would like to be at 125 by the end of the year.
  • this1bigdog
    this1bigdog Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Never had a problem..but apparently I looked skinner when I was fatter cuz nobody new I was that heavy...and now that I have lost some weight...I look like what I weigh....go figure...either way..I started at 347...and today I at 294...still trucking a long!

Proud of all you guys/gals today...
  • ashlafer
    ashlafer Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I used to be really afraid of telling people my weight, especially when I started hitting the 150's at the beginning of freshman year...at one point, I weighed only six pounds less than my boyfriend. Now that I'm around 135, I actually find myself looking for an excuse to say how much I weigh, mostly because so many people perceive it as a low number :)
  • MissShancey
    Options
    last night i saw my best friend and she said i looked great .. i told her i weigh 259 and that i weighed 314 6 months ago .. when i said i was 314 she literally gasped and made this face :noway:

i still dont like telling boys
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Meh... I think I look alright for 166 lbs... I don't mind saying it. Besides, I'm old and no one is noticing but my husband, who outweighs me by almost 100 lbs (but dropping - Go MrBigMack!)... that makes a girl feel girlie :love:

Plus, I can run 21km in 2 hours which makes me feel like wonder woman. So I don't really care what I weigh... In fact, if I stay this weight and drop another 2 dress sizes I'll be THRILLED! Now where is my NROLFW book...
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I used to weight 310 last year. I'm now 220. I don't really get depressed telling people my weight.

The depressing part is all that talk about "every 30lb you lose will increase your penis size by 1" "

That's a lie. A complete and utter lie :(

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all of you for working so hard. I know it's a sensitive subject some people don't like to share that number. I was just curious because I no longer care who knows how much I weigh. I'm hoping a week from now, a month from now, a year from now it will be different. Great job to everyone!
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I don't mind telling my weight on MFP, because we are all here to help each other lose that weight.

When my grandmother asked me how much I weighed and I told her, she was like "What? You weigh that much?"
    Thanks gran.
  • HeidiSmith419
    HeidiSmith419 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I only tell my close friends and family. Why tell anyone else? I mean if someone was really interested in knowing, I'd tell them, even though it'd be embarrassing. But I usually don't tell anyone and avoid the subject. Not today though, I weigh 265 :]

Tiny funny hijack, I read this and thought "that's not so bad not to tell people" and then this is the funny part...I only weigh 3lbs more than you but my brain hasn't caught up and I'm still not telling anyone besides a few close people in my life. :p well and now all of MFP LOL
  • mscolleen2003
    mscolleen2003 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Yes, I sure do. Screw what other people think. This is who I am and I am working at being healthy. I weigh 170.5 now, however weighed 386 at one time.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    OMG yes! I will tell anyone who asks me how much I weigh! I waited almost a year to be able to say I was in the 120s, so it feels very good to say. My BF% is not easy to tell tho. That is what I really need to work on.
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I don't make a point of discussing it, but if people who are genuinely interested ask, then I will tell them what I weigh now, and how much I've lost.

On MFP tho, I've always had my ticker showing my actual weight, I guess I'm less shy/embarrassed around people that can't actually see me.

Congratulations to everyone, so many inspiring stories here :flowerforyou:
  • SisterMidnight
    Options
    I can't tell my family, they are on my case in a bad way and they think I'm about 100kg, I'm over 120, if I told them that they'd really be awful about it.

I haven't got any friends close enough to tell,

It would be good to be able to say it out loud...