c25k ppl

Options
2»

Replies

• JonathonMars
    JonathonMars Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Going slow helps. Tomorrow is Day 2 of Week 3 for me, and I think when I focus on my breathing and posture rather than wondering how much longer I have to run, or trying to reach a certain distance by the next interval change, I am more successful. Also: I do an extra five minute warm-up and cool-down and even if it's super hard while I'm doing it, I find that afterwards I think it was easy and am willing to go back and do more. Sometimes, I feel like I'm not pushing enough because of this, but heck--at least I'm continuing!
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I had never run before, and it was REALLY hard for me to get the c25k going. Now, I can run! I leave my house, warm up walk for five minutes, and I can actually just run for 30 minutes non stop. I did find I was trying to run too fast outside though... that's why I could get on a treadmill about half way through c25k (when I had trouble running 12-13 minutes at a time on the road) for miles at a time but could still only do the few minutes on the road. Using the treadmill a few times helped me to pace myself better on the road.

Just repeat the c25k days as many times as you need to get it done comfortably. :)
  • smalleyez06
    smalleyez06 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I hope you don;t mind me asking but are you wearing a good sports bra as well? That makes a huge difference, I just did day 2 and suprisingly I jog the entire time it tells me too. It us very slow but I am out there doing it and that id what matters. Good luck and I am sure I will be repeating some of the days down the road
  • lehmann75
    Options
    In addition to going slower, don't be afraid to repeat days until you feel ready to move on. Heck, I spent three weeks on Week 4 before I finally was ready for Week 5!
  • LazyHairyBear
    LazyHairyBear Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I would recommend listening to some music as a distraction, rather than concentrate on clock watching and how hard it is (and I know it is hard at first) listen to some good music and try to get into a rhythm to the beat, for me this seems to make it easier to get through when I am tired.
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    I agree with listening to some music, or you could try listening to an Audiobook, I Just recently started doing that and it really helps take the focus off the running..
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    im on day 2 and will be making the decision on whether or not to start the next week or repeat this week on friday i use a cardio trainer for my calorie count and distances my legs havent felt like this since band camp freshmen yr lol its great
  • ebarton25
    Options
    I'm on week 4 day 2 and the times of running are getting longer for me. I managed to do most of the running except the last portion and instead of 5 minutes I ran 4 and walked the rest. You need to do what YOU feel that you capable of. You could always create your own c25k and follow that at your own comfort level.
  • freew67
    freew67 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    i like this idea too. i will definately try that.....that will probably help.. i usually chew gum to help me focus my breathing cuz i heard its suppose to help but i notced it makes me more thirsty sometimes when my mouth is constantly moving lol

I dont see how chewing gum would help a noob out. I have tried it also and I spend time trying not to choke on it. I had enough issues to worry about even without the gum. As others have said, if you struggle with a week, repeat 1 day or the entire week. There is no shame in that because everyone is different. You take it easy because our bodies need to get used to this new form of torture. Getting my breathing sorted and taking shorter steps is what helped me move forward.

Search Google for Good Form Running.

Shabaity-there was this one time in band camp, I started to do C25K and... nevermind lol

http://freew67.blogspot.com/
  • Megdmcda
    Megdmcda Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    i always listen to music when i work out.. i can't do it without the music. and as for the sport bra atm i'm doubling u w a regular bra and a sports bra... i can't afford a good one at the moment..bt my next step is getting m agood pair of running shoes as i hae fairly bad ankles pllus the shoes i have now are like 2 sizs to big and give me blisters.