COFFE CREAMER

Options
I love my coffe in the morning. Is there a creamer out there that tastes good and low in calories. I currently use coffee mate and i use 2 servings but it doesnt do much. Help

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    i use the liquid vanilla fat free creamer by coffee mate .. 25 calories for 1 Tablespoon
  • Christie422
    Christie422 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    In the past I've substituted store bought creamer for one I make myself using fat free sweetened condensed milk, skim milk and french vanilla (or whatever flavor you like) extract. It's a little healthier, but still quite a bit of sugar. Lately I've been sprinkling cinnamon a dash of nutmeg and a dash of allspice in with the coffee grounds and brewing a pot of coffee that way...lots of flavor with no added calories!
  • ashleyaking
    Options
    Fat free half and half
  • sunigee
    Options
    If you like your coffee with lots of creamer like i do, there is no good low calorie choice. I just use too much. I have switched to drinking hot tea..It was a hard switch at first, but now I enjoy it.
  • donna56
    donna56 Posts: 412
    Options
    I use the powdered coffee creamer, it has 10 calories per tablespoon. I usually put 2 in each cup of coffee.
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I use coffee mate powder. about a tablespoon (30cals) and I have never counted on my cals, ever its my one guilty pleasure. =)
  • NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I actually use 3T twice a day (morning & evening cup) of the Sugar Free Coffemate Flavored liquid creamers. It's 15 calories per T, 45 calories each time but something I choose to fit into my day. I'd actually prefer 4T but have gotten accustomed to 3. Maybe at some point I'll be able to cut that down to 2T but until I find I just can't fit in that extra 15 calories I'm going to go with this. I'm thinking of trying the Coffeemate Fat Free or Low Fat Original as it's only 10 calories & might work better with some of the new flavored K-Cups I just got in the mail today. ANYWAY, best of luck finding something that works for you!
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    I am currently using Silk soy creamer. I have a milk allergy, so no ID or CM for me. It is 20 calories per tablespoon. It's not quite the same, but not a bad substitute.
  • Bubbles2
    Bubbles2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was using the fat free half-and-half but when I was entering it for my food log, I realized a serving is only 2 tbsp!!! Holy Cow...no fat but that's a lot of calories!!! I also use the powdered creamer...it has a unique taste but really, there's no getting away from the calories if you use creamer. Sorry...I feel your pain! :)
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I use fat free half and half and the serving size is plenty for me.
  • rlamas
    rlamas Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you all for your input. I really appreciate it.