Increase in body fat but reduction in weight

Options
Hi all..

Dilemma here...i have lost weight but body fat has gone up..I wonder if the increase is attributed to my period at the moment..Wonder id anyone else has encountered the same thing?

Appreciate any replies...

Replies

• latonyashavon
    Options
    Have you stopped working out recently? Because muscle weighs more than fat, if you have stopped working out you have loss some of that heavy muscle which in turn results in a loss in lbs.
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Depends on how you're measuring body fat. The results of a hand held machine or scales that measure body fat will vary based on your water retention, so YES, your period would likely skew the results.
  • shareefah
    shareefah Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply..but no..i have not stopped working out..in fact...i work out 4x a week..mostly using weights ..was worried when i had my bf percentage read...
  • shareefah
    Options
    My bf percentage was read using the hadheld calipers..pinch test i believe....
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Did you wait a month to 6 weeks between taking readings? Sometimes reading can be different if you don't take it the same way. Also if you have been eating less than you should, you could be losing muscle and gaining fat.
  • shareefah
    Options
    Thanks iVy...man..i better start watching what i eat..im currently on a high protein diet..get all my carbs from vegetables...and work out...well..lets see how it reads in a month again..Thanks all!