Looking for vegetarian snack ideas under 100 calories :)

Options
Hi, I'm looking for some easy vegetarian snack/lunch ideas that are 100 calories or less.. does anyone have any suggestions..?

heres one I like:
Tumaro's Low Carb Salsa tortilla (50 cal) with a wedge of Laughing Cow lite questo cheese (35 cal) and a couple of slices of tomato & red onion (10 cal), sprinkled with a little sea salt, lemon & chili powder, and with a couple of pepperoncini's on the side (5 cal) = 100 calories

ty :)

Replies

• VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    A jar of pickles? Lol. Sorry, that's all I got.
  • windycitycupcake
    windycitycupcake Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    boca burger!!! mmmm so good. the "vegan original" is only 70 calories. wrap it in some lettuce or a cabbage leaf and put ketchup mustard tomato...viola!!!
  • windycitycupcake
    Options
    also eziekiel sprouted whole grain bread is only 70 calories, you can put on a TBsp of avocodo and some sprouts and you will be at 120 calories but it is filling.
  • marienaegele
    marienaegele Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    hey im vegan so i may be able to haelp you.
    i normally eat raw fruits , raw veggies or some plain soy yogurt for snacks.
    You could also try some cracker or make yourself a sandwhich on whole wheat bread, but then you have to watch the calories!
    I also love to snack on some greek food like olives and paprikas.
    You could make yourself a little fruit salad thats always nice too. :)

Hope i was able to help :)
  • Fat_to_muscles
    Options
    Any vegetable with hummus, yummmm!!!
  • windycitycupcake
    Options
    hmm..hummus is really high in calories and fat...like 80-120 calories per tbsp
  • windycitycupcake
    Options
    here is my recipe for 100% raw vegan hummus. no beans. you can reduce the tahini drastically if you want less calories. it is a very healthy delicious recipe!!

Picture4.png
  • myraknits
    myraknits Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Tofurky slices, 5 slices = 100 cals
    1 or 2 on a slice of Sara Lee - 45 Calories & Delightful bread with tomato, lettuce, cucumber and mustard.

Apple slices with a Tbl of PB2 and cinnamon

Frozen iced coffee: mixed with ice cubes and milk alternative, vanilla liquid stevia and 1 Tbl cocoa in the blender

1 cup of Frozen sweet cherries or any other bagged frozen fruit

1/2 frozen banana sprinkled with PB2 before freezing

1 slice of Sara Lee - 45 Calories & Delightful toast, strawberry Laughing Cow cream cheese and cinnamon
  • Sadedoes
    Sadedoes Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    hmm..hummus is really high in calories and fat...like 80-120 calories per tbsp

1 cup of boiled chickpeas = 286 cals
    1 tablespoon olive oil = 120 cals
    1 tablespoon lemon juice = 3 cals
    1 clove garlic = 4 cals
    salt & pepper, and enough water to get it to blend

you have over a cup of hummus for 413 cals , or 25 cals a tablespoon. Yes, commercial hummus is full of fat and calories, because they use a ton of oil. If you make it yourself is usually tastier (you can adjust to your taste, try smoked paprika, roast the garlic, add some fresh herbs, possibilities are endless) and way healthier.
  • jesscro
    jesscro Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'd second the hummus! Raw carrot and celery with some homemade hummus is a perfect snack, it really fills you up if you're a long way from meals.

Dried apricots are a good snack, also filling. The pack I have here in front of me (on my desk at work!) says it's 158 calories for 100g of dried apricots, the pack is 80g so just over the 100g? I wouldn't eat that whole pack at once anyway maybe snack on two or three!
  • marienaegele
    marienaegele Posts: 35 Member
    Options
  • Barribomb
    Barribomb Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    great thread!
  • kklemarow
    kklemarow Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Tofurky deli slices wrapped around cucumber sticks, dipped in mustard...mmmmmmm!