Replies

• Slendermike
    Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent
  • VSchulte0819
    Options
    Hi Kathy!
    I know just what you mean. I had a great first of the year, then life threw me a huge curve. Had a unexpected diagnosis of colon cancer (very early stage, thankfully), and then really fell off the diet, exercise, and everything else wagon....SO....I am in your same boat! I need help, but I am trying to be motivated to get back on track. I need to lose at least 50 lbs. Good Luck to you! I'm in your corner!!
  • trycer
    trycer Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My name is kathy, I'm 32 and about 100 lbs fluffy. I have type II diabetes, high blood pressure, PCOS, and recently sleep apnea. If that isn't enough to do something, I don't know what is.

I'm lazy and a big slacker. I need friends to stay on me and motivation all around! Please help me!

Hey Kathy, I am 45 and 100 lbs fluffy also. I also have diabetes, and high blook pressure. I also tend to be lazy so I had to find things that were exciting to me. Swimming is the best workout. Although I don't like what I look like in a suit, I have to stop wondering what people are saying, cause if I don't do anything now I wont be here to hear them talk or see them look at me. I use to go when I know the older people are there doing a class. Now, I don't care cause it is helping my waistline.
    Bike riding is my second thing. It really helps my legs and hips.
    You can do it. It is HARD, no joke!! Keep pushing!!!!
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Ann and I am 43. I'm a Type I Diabetic with high blood pressure, sleep apnea, high cholesterol, and low thyroid. I am also about "100 pounds fluffy." (I LOVE your term!) I will try to be encouraging and motivating to anyone out there who needs support. Losing weight was very hard for me until I psyched myself up for it. I still allow myself "cheat" days now and then and try to keep my menu interesting.
  • mbcaldwell123
    mbcaldwell123 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Kathy, I have lost almost 160 lbs. I am the world's greatest couch potatoe!!! I found that hiring a personal trainer has been a saving grace for me. Yes it is expensive but a good one is totally worth the cost. I am comfortable enough at the gym now to go alone but knowing that my trainer is there certainly helps with my motivation. Otherwise I would still be sitting on my beloved couch. Hang in there girl. You can do it!!!!!!
  • moujie
    moujie Posts: 229
    Options
    Hi Kathy! You can do this - I've recently re-energized myself and I'm getting back on track after a lazy summer! It's all about attitude and consistency.
  • hunter624
    hunter624 Posts: 252
    Options
    Good luck with your journey, this site is just packed with support and ideas from all over the world.

Feel free to add me

:drinker:
  • Calm_Lotus_06
    Calm_Lotus_06 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I myself am about 70 lbs fluffy as you put it..which is awesome! But I also have problems with my blood sugar and motivation and this place has been great for it! I would love to add you as a friend if that would be ok with you? =) But either way its nice to meet you and good luck!:happy:
  • mamamay43
    mamamay43 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    send me a friend request. I joined a couple weeks ago and we're all in this together!
  • maryleemcd
    Options
    Hi, I just started today. I need help and motivation too. I am 65 lbs fluffy ( I like that term vs i have to lose...). I have a problem sticking with programs and staying motivated. Totally need someone to help me 1. figure all the ins and outs of this awesome app and 2. keep me motivated to keep going.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Hi Kathy! Welcome to MFP. Feel free to add me.
  • kera600
    kera600 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi! Im Kadara. I'm 26 and I will be getting married in February. My reason for loosing weight is basically to get healthier. I believe if you take care of your body when your younger, your body will take care of you when you get older (in most cases). Unfortunately, I have gained alot of weight since graduating from college 4 years ago and Im not happy with the excess weight. I can tell a HUGE difference in the way my body functions now. From waking up in the morning to changes in my digestion to having trouble falling asleep at night. This journey has been far from easy! Though I know I didnt gain it overnight, I would sometimes get fustrated because I wasnt loosing it as quickly as I thought I should. But again its a journey! A lifetime journey. And Im working on it every day!
  • kayla7jackson
    Options
    Hello Kathy! My name is Kayla. I am 20 and would like to lose 100 lbs. also. I have so far lost 8.4 lbs and would love to help you achieve your goal as well. I will be sending you a friend request on here. :) I know I have a long and difficult journey ahead of me but I am willing to take the challenge! Are you in?!
  • ChiFortunate1
    ChiFortunate1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! Welcome to MFP, you are in the right place. :happy:

21371726.png
  • orchid568
    orchid568 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi Kathy, I'm Cheryl. I will be 54 y/o in 10 days with fibromyalgia, bad knees, mental issues, I was 100 pounds overweight. Was is the word. I've now lost 33.2 pounds all while going through cancer that nearly killed me 3 times. Due to my situation, it has taken me 2 years to get to this point, but I am still fighting. My daughter, Tiffany, has lost 75 pounds and has arthritis in her back from when she broke it in 2 places. She also has PCOS. 2 months ago she became a beachbody coach and we started drinking the Shakeology which I must say is delicious and working out with the Brazil Butt Lift dvd. BBL has made working out so much more fun and results are seen fast. The Shakeology has been reworked for use by diabetics. And it is still delicious. My workout time began very slowly using the Wii fitness Plus program and hand weights 5 lbs. That was a good starting point for me. That and using myfitnesspal. I started seeing some results. In the past 60 days using Beachbody and Shakeology, there have been significant changes in my body. If I would stop sabotaging my eating, I would be down some more pounds. But the muscle changes are there! My daughter is looking fabulous! Her butt is no longer saggy and able to hold 3 pencils, her abs look amazing and her arms are now developed and her legs look terrific. What a change. Her journey has gotten my family motivated and we are now in a Biggest Loser Family Style competition. My side of the family has a problem with morbid obesity. You should check out Tiffany's before and after pics. She is 5'2" (if that) and started her journey at 198 lbs. Look at her now!! Just scroll down and you will see the pics www.facebook.com/healthandfitnesswithtiff Good luck on your jouorney!! You can do it!