New to This and Needing Some Motivation!

Options
Hey guys! My name is Ashley and I'm 19 years old and have put on a large amount of weight over the years due to stress amongst many other things like simply loving food. A few of my family members have joined this and are having huge amounts of success, which has inspired me to join and follow in their footsteps. I would love to lose about 50 pounds which I know will be a lot of work but I'm up to the challenge. I'm going back to school now though where it is so easy to put weight on as I've found, and could really use some more friends on here to help keep me motivated and in the losing weight state of mind. Of course I will do my best to keep you all motivated as well! I'm so ready to get the weight off and feel better about myself, so will welcome all the motivational friends I can get! Thank you all so much and good luck to us all! (:

Replies

• kimboj41
    kimboj41 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hey Ash, I am glad you are taking the first step and we will definitely motivate you.....I love this site.
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    So excited to see you on here! I can't imagine you needing to lose 50 pounds...but...only you know the real number! ;-) You've got plenty of family here to help you out!!! Love you!
  • Presleyforpresident
    Options
    we're fairly close in age! i'm 18 and trying to lose like 60 more pounds. it was a little stress and a lot of depression that made me gain all this weight.
    i like to think i'm a good motivator, (hopefully i really am!) so feel free to add me!
    i could always use someone whose goals are fairly close to mine to motivate me, too xx
  • BryGuy2
    BryGuy2 Posts: 244
    Options
    Hey Ashley! You are in a good place for motivation and support. You can reach your fitness goals if you truly want to. Feel free to add me as a friend and good luck to you!
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Hi, I need to lose 50 pound as well, which I have gained from stress and living as a student.

You can add me for support if you want.
  • gemmalianne84
    Options
    Hi. You can add me. I'm always using the app on my phone so I've always got time for my MFP friends :)
  • almcneal
    almcneal Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you decided to join Ash, I think it has turned out to be a very beneficial app for many of us. I'm sure dorm life isn't the most conducive to this counting calories lifestyle, but I/we will help you in any way that we can. Good luck to you!! Love you.
  • theresejess
    theresejess Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Ashley, I'm new too and have 50 lbs to lose. I know we can do it!! You can add me and maybe we can cheer eachother on!