Gutted I've just binged

Argh!!!!!!!!!!!
I've been doing so so so well!
Then a lady brought in a huge box of biscuits for me at work and I ate 22 - seriously - 22!
Out of pure greed. Not hunger. Greed.
I'm now disappointed, upset, angry!
This has been such a long journey and I've been so good. I feel so annoyed with myself.
That 1 binge has added approx 1,200 calories to my intake. :(

Replies

• deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Do not beat yourself up over it! It is done, you have to just let it go and move on. I think all of us, regardless of how successful we have been, have done this at some point!
  • sunnyshine1313
    sunnyshine1313 Posts: 116 Member
    Have done that as well, just keep going. Remember how you feel and try not to feel that way again, but if it does happen, just keep going, this is a long journey, and not an easy one, there are bumps along the way. Here's to having a better day :drinker:
  • Thank you - it's just been such a long time since I gave in to a binge session.
    There are biscuits at work all the time and resist them - I'm just so disappointed in myself.
  • slimsdown
    slimsdown Posts: 122 Member
    15 minuites of skipping - 222 calories

20 minuits on an exercise bike- 88 calories

you can lose 310 of that 1200 in just 35 minutes!!!!!

see........silver lining xxxxxx
  • Thanks Slimsdown - I will have that excess intake burnt off before the weekend!!
    It's just so irritating when you let yourself down!
  • These things happen, no one's going to be perfect within weeks or months, or in fact, ever!
    I had a bit of a session last night. But it's done, and it's so infrequent now, that I know it's progress. xx
  • you will do fine it is hard to brake something that some people have been doing all there life (like me). You just have to do better tomorrow and start new. Think of how far you have come. Everyone has there off days.
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Thank you - it's just been such a long time since I gave in to a binge session.
    There are biscuits at work all the time and resist them - I'm just so disappointed in myself.
    You know that part in Bull Durham when he says "Sometimes you win. Sometimes you lose. Sometimes it rains"
    So you had a rainy day. But no worries - you just need a couple of days of winning (ie exercise/healthful eating) to set you back on course. Your journey is longer than one day, so don't make that one day any more important than it needs to be.
  • stinastudios
    stinastudios Posts: 117 Member
    I've been there. It sucks.

What you should do is really think about how you were feeling when you decided to binge. Happy? Stressed? Angry? Sad? If you can figure out what triggered the binging session, you can be more prepared in the future. And don't worry, journeys like these take a long time, this is just a little bump in the road.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Thanks Slimsdown - I will have that excess intake burnt off before the weekend!!
    It's just so irritating when you let yourself down!

I can see why you think you let yourself down, but consider this: You admitted it - to everyone on MFP (which means your friends will expect to see it in your food log if you have that open to be viewed). You didn't try to hide it, you owned it.

That means you have changed and you are willing to do what it takes to 'make it right' (extra walks, etc). Think of back before you started getting healthy - would you have cared the least if you'd eaten 22 of them? Or would you have thought nothing of it? Hmmm?
  • Thanks for all of these comments - after a good nights sleep I do feel like it's not as bad as it seems - I can spend the next few days making things right and getting my diary back on track for this week.

My plan is a total clean day today. Lots of water and green tea!

The glory is that even after a bad day, I look a million times better than I did 4 years ago :)
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    I don't understand why people get so stressed over a binge. It's just food, we are all human, and it's done now. No point in worrying or beating yourself up about it.

Stop criticising yourself for having a lapse and praise yourself for what you have achieved so far.
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    So much good advice on this thread; consider this a reminder for when I next binge.
  • It just makes you realise that we're all experiencing similar things!
    If anyone wants to add me please do :)
  • i know exactly how u feel its so annoying u feel like ur going to undo all ur hard work in one sitting lol. i do it frequently. just get back on it the next day plenty a water and a great attitude ul be fine :) u got this girlie xxxxxxxxxx
  • lynndur
    lynndur Posts: 6 Member
    Divide the binge calories by 7, and add that number of calories as snacks for the next seven days. Binge gone.
    Dont sweat it. Just means your goal has moved back by one day. Get back on and keep on going.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    remember: none of us put on a bunch of weight in one binge! as long as you get back on track, this won't effect you in the long run.
  • I binged yesterday- about 3000-4000 calories! It happens, we hate ourselves then we mooovveee onn. And hit the gym HARD
  • DebraAukett
    DebraAukett Posts: 128 Member
    It happens to the best of us... I promise you! Don't fret over it any longer, just keep on going on this healthy eating journey - don't give up because of one binge!
  • volamena
    volamena Posts: 30
    Hi,
    don't beat yourself up we've all been there...weight loss is a long term commitment and that was only a day it won't impact your weight loss if you've been doing well lately.