5'11 Female! First post

Options
Hi everyone! This is my first post even though I've been logging in my food/exercise for awhile! Add me if you'd like! I'd like to see what other people are eating and how they are doing as well. I'm 5'11 and weighing 225ish. According to my BMI I should be 175 lbs or less! I was there before and I was really really skinny looking. But. I'm trying to get there again! I might need some encouragement!

Replies

• nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    1st of all 5'11? Jealous!! I would love to be taller.

I think you should only use BMI as a guidline because every single person is gonna be different. When I was at my 'ideal weight' I looked seriously ill so when I started my goal was to lose 42lbs rather than the 56lbs recommended. As I get closer my target I'll re-evaluate depending on how I look and feel.
    Try not to get too tied up in figures (pardon the pun) and just go with how you feel.

Feel free to add me, a little encouragement goes a long way
  • Grenon
    Grenon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I just got acquainted with the forums lately as well. BMI is a decent judgment of where you should getting down to where you could be but the BMI does not take in account of your body structure or muscle mass. Good luck with the goal and you will have no problem doing so as long as you find something to keep you motivated!
  • MikeMadness
    Options
    I agree with everyone here as well.
    I'm 6'2 and 243 pounds. According to the BMI index I am grossly overweight. But this does not take into account my rather muscular frame and build. So as everyone else has said, be careful with the BMI index and play everything by how well you are doing. Truth is, you may only need to lose up to 190.
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am 6'2" and started at around 260...I am down to 224 now and plan to get to 200 before re-eval.

GOOD LUCK!!!
  • BryGuy2
    BryGuy2 Posts: 244
    Options
    Hey, welcome to the message boards! It's a great place to be for encouragement and advice. I am sending you a friend request. :)
  • cemithballstar
    cemithballstar Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the kind words!
  • LilRock25
    LilRock25 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 5'10 & trying to get to around 172ish. Right now I'm hovering around 200lbs.

Friend request sent!
  • Charity2001
    Options
    We're totally the same height!!! I graduated high school at 180, thi nking I was fat. LOL But I could've weighed 120 and thought that, too. Sigh.....the inner workings of a teenage girl brain.

My "ideal" weight range goes from 135-185, so I'm shooting for 170. Just thinking back to what I looked like 11 years ago (and you'll never get me to admit otherwise), it was spot on. But 2 kids, and 11 (I'm adamant) years may change my mind.
  • HazelCaz
    HazelCaz Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm another 5'11" girl. I got up as high as 210 after my last son was born. I started on here a week ago at 190 lbs. If I can reach my goal of 150, I'd feel like a rock star. lol
    Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • deviantcupcake
    deviantcupcake Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'11". I'm currently at 176lb, but it doesn't sit well on me. I'm looking to get to about 150, which is where I was two years ago. That was a comfortable weight and size/shape for me.

Feel free to add me, anyone looking for new friends & encouragement.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Hi.

I'm 5'10.

Start weight 200, goal weight 148.

Feel free to add me :).
  • ivan1964
    ivan1964 Posts: 435
    Options
    Hello and welcome here. You can do anything you put your mind too. I hope you have a great day and feel free to add me if you wish. :smile:
  • Kjphotography90
    Kjphotography90 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and started at 238lbs. I'm now 221.4lbs as of this morning!! Feel free to add me!!
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am 5'11" too!! I started on MFP when I was 176 pounds (my high weight non-pregnant though was 186). I was down to 159 at the end of the Spring and then fell off the wagon all summer and gained most of it back. I reset my numbers on here last week at 172 pounds and as of today I'm down to 168.8. My current goal is 155 which is where I was when I got married and where I feel I look good. But, once I get there I'll re-evaluate. I may go to 145 or 150 just to have a little wiggle room. I just don't want to totally lose all curves so we'll see.
  • antediluvian
    Options
    Also 5'11" and in agreement with everyone about BMI just being a guideline. It really has more to do with your build than anything: I've been everywhere between 140 and 175, and the lower end of the range suits me better (I don't gain curves, just rolls). Shooting for 150 now. But really, I feel like measurements are more important than weight! Regardless of BMI, your waist-to-hip ratio and other metrics can be a better indicator of health, if that's what you're using BMI for.
  • Pamwilllose
    Pamwilllose Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 5'10 and started at 198 about 5 weeks ago. Down to 186 now and trying for 175. I think I'll see how I feel at that time. I'm 43 years old and according to the "charts", I should weigh in at a high of 169 and a low of 145. Way too low for me. Like everyone else has said, I think it depends on how you feel and your frame size etc. Best of luck to you and please, anyone, feel free to add me. I love to see what everyone else is eating and get ideas.
    Have a great night!
    Pam
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    Hi 5'9" here and would like to see 170 We'll see how that feels.. Right now I have a mini goal of 199. I'm not pushing it because m y work life is sedentary and I'm slowly gearing up the after work time. I am open to friends, I'll try to be a good one. Most of my time on MFP is on the iPhone and thats not the easiest place to type
  • PaTriciaNPink
    Options
    Hey. I'm 5'11" too and right now I am 170 lbs which is my highest weight. I am aiming for 153 because I felt good there. My lowest weight was 148. what are you weighing right now?
  • brendabuckeye
    brendabuckeye Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and I was around 170 back in high school. I think if I get below 180, I will be very happy with myself and feel really good. My sister is 5'-11" and weighs around 145 when she is training, which is terrific, but I know I won't invest 2-3 hours a day to get that thin. I am around 225 right now, and I have just started back on this site to work on weight loss again - I was headed down past 208 before I had a foot injury and let that catch up with me. In the past logging my food has been a HUGE help on this site. It really does work! Good luck and find a healthy weight that you feel good at.
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and currently 216. I am shooting for 175 as it's at the high range of a healthy BMI. I haven't weighed that little since I was in high school and of course, thought I was fat then. Lol. I will re-evaluate my goals once I get there to see if I want to go lower or not. As I get snaller, the number on the scale is getting less important to me in all honesty. I am so much healthier. I have tons of energy and am wearing a size 14 down from my all time largest 24W. I don't think I wore a 14 even when I weighed 175 in high school. Pretty sure it was a 16.