How DO you get a 6 pack??!

Options

Replies

• IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Go to the nearest liqour store or convenience store there usually in the coolers and it will cost you anywhere between $6 and $8.

Enjoy!!!

This is exactly how I do it!
  • chriscbond
    chriscbond Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I don't do any ab work outside of one boxing class a week... I run, and eat within my calorie goal, and get a fair bit of protein.

Well, correction... I do walk around with my abs "crunched" about 80 % of the time... really burned at first, but now I barely notice it. :)
    I want your abs! Thanks for the advice :)
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    I just stop by the liquor store and get out my debit card...
  • Captain_Spatchcock
    Options
    Oh and the percentages of diet and exercise to get a six-pack are completley irrelevant, you can eat like a pig and still get abs if you do enough cardio

yeah, good luck out exercising a poor diet.
  • l337scotty
    Options
    im also no expert but i think it would help if you worked on your entire core instead of just your abs. including your back and obliques will probably help you out as well.
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Go to the beer store. Pick one. Hand the clerk money. Success! You have a six pack.

And that is indeed my problem probably! Gotta cut out the good cold 6 pack to get the real deal 6 pack :tongue:
    ditto:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • 1960HikerDude
    1960HikerDude Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'll be happy when I've lost the Keg:-))
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    1st thing is to NOT be 40 years old. :tongue:
    trust me, I've been fighting that battle for a while now. Damn you, 20 somethings! :grumble:

2nd is to get your body fat (for a guy) down to about 10% or 17% (for a lady) or therebouts (different people store fat in different places so that's an estimate only). This of course encompasses healthy nutrition and the right amount of calories for you.

3rd is to realize that genetics plays a roll, some people just don't have pronounced abs, and have to live with smaller or smoother abs, you'll figure this out as you remove body fat.

4th do lots of core, build a progressive plan to move from beginner/intermediate moves such as the basic "crunch" types on to more advanced moves like 1 handed planks, captains chairs...etc.

5th build overall strength. Part of killer abs is how they are framed, your abs may kick *kitten* but if the rest of you is scrawny, it'll take away from it, just making you look dis-proportioned.

That's my method

take it for what it's worth.
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Everyone has said it! lower your BF % and work out

I found that lifting has really helped mine to start showing and eating within my cals and macros :) you have to watch what you eat -- you can just eat whatever you want and stay within cals
  • jdelot
    jdelot Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Go to the nearest liqour store or convenience store there usually in the coolers and it will cost you anywhere between $6 and $8.

Enjoy!!!
    Exactly what I was thinking. Oh, and the Octoberfest seasonal beers are hitting the shelves now, so it's a great time to get a 6 pack.
  • chriscbond
    chriscbond Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    If you have a flat stomach with a low bodyfat percentage and your abs are still not showing, you should treat abs like any other body part and lift heavy in the 6-12 rep range. It seems like its just a problem of them not being large enough to really seperate themselves from your stomach. Whats your approximate BF%?

My body fat is like 19%. You think I just need to add weight to my workout and do less reps?

If you want a full 6 pack you need to lose at least 10% So if you weight 180, you need to lose 18 lbs.

I weigh 130 and I am 5'4, if I lost 13 pounds I would look gross! Ill try adding weights to my ab workout and see if that gives results. Thanks everyone!:smile:

Hmmm...I'm 5'6" and 116 lbs and I don't think I look gross.

I'm sorry...I didn't mean to offend anyone. Probably gross was not the correct adjective to use! I meant for my body type. You look great!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    My doctor says I have a six pack under my 100+ pounds of fat. He also says I can eat whatever I want and just need to do crunches to lose the fat. According to him you can target fat loss by working out the body part that is fat. Getting a six pack has virtually nothing to do with diet. Keep up the good work with the ab workouts buddy!

I'm sorry, but this info seems wrong to me on so many levels, I just don't even know where to start!
    Does your doc have a 6 pack that's visible?
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    count calories and macros/ do heavy compound lifting exercises.
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    My doctor says I have a six pack under my 100+ pounds of fat. He also says I can eat whatever I want and just need to do crunches to lose the fat. According to him you can target fat loss by working out the body part that is fat. Getting a six pack has virtually nothing to do with diet. Keep up the good work with the ab workouts buddy!

Trolling? Or for real you think that?
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522 Member
    Options

Enjoy!!!
    :laugh:
  • chelseafxx
    chelseafxx Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    From what I've read (not sure on accuracy) women have to have less than 14% body fat for them to begin to show (also depends on the woman) and men is a little lower body fat than that
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Liquor Barn, usually, but sometimes the divey little strip mall shop near the house works.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Liquor Barn, usually, but sometimes the divey little strip mall shop near the house works.

LOL beat me! cheers.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options

I KNEW you were going to say the liquor store.