Salmon recipes please...

Options
GrumpyAG
GrumpyAG Posts: 41 Member
I am planning on having a salmon fillet for dinner tonight but I'm getting board of it being plain....so if anyone has any good/easy recipes/ideas for me it would be much appreciated :)

Replies

• Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Smear a layer of one of the following and wrap in foil & bake:

Black olive tapenade

Green or red pesto

Curry Paste (Indian)

Curry Paste (Thai)

Harissa Paste

Chermoula

If you cannot get hold of the above pastes you can make your own (Google the recipes)
  • auntsoozaay
    Options
    so glad you posted this! i've been trying to find a good salmon recipe myself!
  • BeantownSooner
    Options
    Salmon cakes...kind of like crab cakes but Salmon. Do idea how to make them but saw them on a restaurant menu recently.

If my inner chef serves me well I'd attempt the following:

1 tbsp of Olive Oil
    1/4c bread crumbs or panko crumbs
    Low sodium Old Bay Seasoning to taste, maybe a little garlic and onion
    Salt and Pepper to taste
    Server over Baby Spinach

Mush, make cakes and cook in a pan with cooking spray until nicely browned on each side.
  • jillbeanschoop
    jillbeanschoop Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Make a lemon sauce (search the internet for recipe) to put on after cooked
    Make a curry sauce (search internet) to put on after cooked
    Slather on some bbq sauce - put on before cooking
    Pre-marinade in terriyaki
    Mix limejuice, oil, and some chili pepper flakes and make a lime chili sauce for a marinade. Don't marinade too long in citrus, it will start to "cook" fish.

I also like to make the salmon and then chill it and use it on salad. I also shred the cold salmon and mix it with some greek yogurt and a small amount of mayo and eat it with crackers or on bread/toast with lettuce. If I have time, I add some diced onions and/or diced cucumber and/or diced carrot for some crunch.

Enjoy your salmon!
  • thewang
    thewang Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Might not be the healthiest, but I love to make a honey/brown sugar glaze for my salmon. Sometimes through some pecans in too.
  • selbeeps
    selbeeps Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Here is my current favorite salmon recipe. I found it recently on food52.com (submitted by “alasully”).

Maple Glazed Salmon

1 pound wild salmon filet, deboned
    ¼ cup maple syrup (I use sugar-free)
    1 - 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
    1 teaspoon smoked paprika
    Pinch cayenne pepper
    Salt and pepper

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a small bowl, combine maple syrup, cardamom, paprika, cayenne and a bit of freshly ground pepper. Whisk until mixture is smooth. Adjust to taste.

2. Arrange salmon filet on a cutting board. Remove the bones (if your fishmonger hasn’t already) and cut into pieces, size as preferred. Brush syrup mixture evenly over the salmon filets. Place a large cast iron skillet in the oven and allow it to heat up for five minutes while the salmon rests.

3. Place the salmon in the preheated skillet (scale-side down) and bake for 3-5 minutes until the salmon is cooked to your liking. I usually pour a bit more of the maple syrup over the top before serving.
  • GrumpyAG
    GrumpyAG Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your ideas, I will definitely be trying some of these in the future. Especially the Maple Glazed Salmon :)
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Fish with distinct color does well with this, and with salmon its UNREAL

Mix up 2 cups of orange juice (trust me) and 4-6 tbsp olive oil

Marinade portions for a half hour, then lightly salt to taste

Grill, and enjoy

You can thank me in a message.
  • actbtk80
    actbtk80 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This is extremely easy and tastes yummy. You just need to make sure you have the time to do the 2 hours of marinating.

Roasted Salmon (serves 6)

1/3 c. light soy sauce
    1/3 c. orange juice
    1/3 c. dry white wine
    6 - 6 oz. salmon filets with skin

Mix 1st 3 ingredients in in 13x9" glass baking dish. Place salmon, flesh side down, in marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 hours, turning occassionally.

Preheat oven to 450 F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Remove fish from marinade and lightly pat dry with paper towels. Discard marinade. Place fish skin side down on foil. Roast until opaque, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
  • tinacmurray
    Options
    my favorite glaze is honey, butter, and lime. Soften the butter and mix in the honey. Add a few drops of lime at a time and mix well. You don't need much--maybe 1 tsp butter, 1/4 to 1/2 tsp honey, and 1/4 tsp lime. Taste to see what you like. put about 1/2 on the top and half way through the broil time add the second half of the glaze.
  • tinacmurray
    Options
    I make these all the time. You can also add some bell pepper ( I prefer red) and celery that's been finely chopped. Also use a little mayo. Makes it creamier.
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I typically sprinkle with a little salt, some pepper, and a lot of dill, and then place a pat (maybe 1/2 tablespoon or less) on top of each 4-oz portion before I put it in the oven. Maybe pour a little lemon juice on top before you add the spices. Then bake. Easy peasy and yummy.

You can also make a glaze out of a little honey and brown sugar, with a pinch of ginger and cayenne, and bake it with that. Sooooo good.
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I made some last night that I smeared with grey poupon, and then topped with finely chopped almonds, a little rosemary, salt and pepper.

It would have been awesome if I didn't overcook it! As it was, it was still pretty good.
  • kelfran1
    kelfran1 Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    Just tried this one recently and it is a keeper: http://www.theladyinredblog.com/2/post/2012/07/salmon-salad-stuffed-tomatoes.html

Only thing I would change is shake some of the Old Bay through the whole salmon mix, but it was delicious for dinner and delicious for lunch the next day too!

As a side, I did a bean salad:
    -can of kidney beans, rinsed
    -can of black beans, rinsed
    -can of corn, drained
    -the insides of the tomatoes (from recipe above), chopped
    -onion, chopped small
    -bell pepper, chopped small
    -minced garlic
    -chopped cilantro
    -splash of extra virgin olive oil
    -splash of vinegar (white or red wine)
    -squeeze of lemon juice

They went great together and were so tasty. Also, nice to not turn the oven on (I grilled the salmon.)
  • Anastasiasosa
    Anastasiasosa Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I like mine with blackening seasoning and creole seasoning and a tablespoon of olive oil or coconut oil