Anyone Else Having a Slow Weight Loss Journey Like Me?!

Options

Replies

• vonsay
    vonsay Posts: 31
    Options
    Yes!! Its taken 2 1/2 months to lose a measly 5 pounds and I work my butt of! I guess losing 5 is better than losing none or gaining 5! LoL
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    glanced at your diary. Maybe too many carbs and fats. Like today you've had 1/2 of your calories and already maxed on carbs. Maybe try planning whole day the day before and you can pick things to keep you in the black. Also maybe check your TDEE. I eat -600 calories of my TDEE with carbs at 40% fats 30% protein 30%. Either way you'll lose weight, but if you want to lose faster may have to try something different. Good Luck !
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I finally made it to goal earlier this year, but it took me about 4 years to get there. I've lost roughly 50 pounds total. I did fall off the wagon a few times (and jump off the wagon during holidays), but mostly the reason is that I was not willing to cut my calorie intake drastically. I am fine with the amount of time I took to lose this weight, and I feel comfortable with my current calorie intake. I believe I'll be able to maintain this long, LONG-term.

Best of luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • DoxieLove10612
    DoxieLove10612 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I am very excited to find this post! I started July 4th and lost 6 pounds in two week ls and nothing since. Really? Really?!?! I'll wake up one day and be 147 (yah!) the next 152 (boo!) I don't eat clean but it's a lot better than it was. We are about the same height, age, and weight so it makes me feel so much better that Im not alone. I did 30DS once and it def worked so I might incorporate that back in addition to my 3 cardio days and 3 strength days.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I think you are right on track! Keep up all the hard work and remeber, Patience+Persistence=Progress
  • fairc3jam
    fairc3jam Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I've been documenting my weight loss journey since I started here, almost everyday I am below my caloric intake. I started my MFP journey with what was suggested, which was 1200 calories a day, at first it worked out okay, but then I found myself needing more energy and I felt hungry every so often, so I got some advice from fellow MFP'ers and upped it to 1440. Most of the time I'm making fairly good decisions with my food intake, I'm almost always over 10 glasses of water a day, and yet I find myself with such a slow process... :grumble:

Anyone else in my shoes? It'd be nice to know I'm not the only one..

May 5th - 162.4 lbs
    May 12th - 159.0 lbs
    May 19th - 156.4
    May 26th - 156.4
    Jun 2nd - 157.4
    Jun 9th - 157.3
    Jun 16th - 157.4
    Jun 23rd - 157.2
    Jun 30th - 157.2
    Jul 7th - 157.4
    Jul 14th - 155.4
    Jul 21st - 158.3
    Jul 28th - 156.8

It's been almost 3 months and yet I've only lost 7 lbs on my journey.. (yoyo'ing constantly as well)

Only looking at 17% weight loss (CURRENT 156 lbs, STARTED 162 lbs)

Yep. Just heel at it. Strength and stamina improvement goes a long way , regardless of lbs lost
  • cmacohio1975
    cmacohio1975 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Same here!! Very frustrating, but at least the scale keeps going in the right direction... down. I am trying hard to just think, long term... :) I have a long way to go too. I welcome new friends on here... always good for morale and support.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 13 lbs total in the past 85 weeks.

Yep.

I'd like to be smaller, sure. But I also like that I'm not picking on myself for my screw ups. And I screw up pretty often. Weight loss still happens, thought.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    You might be one of those people that needs to keep their carbs under the number. You don't have to go real low....just not consistently over your max.
  • beckyhope
    beckyhope Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My weight loss has been very very slow! It has taken me over 2 years to lose what I have lost (55 pounds)! Sometimes, especially right now, it is VERY slow but you just keep going because it's not a race. It takes a very long time to unlearn bad habits and relearn good ones. Anyone can do a crash diet, lose a lot very quickly and they will likely gain it back. I think it's wiser to be slow because it takes this long to make the lifestyle change.
  • ashleew1117
    Options
    I have been on here for months, and i still haven't lost a pound. Actually i have gained.
    I am going to make an appointment with a nutritionist to see what is going on, because i should be losing weight.
  • nikcasso
    nikcasso Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Been here since May as well and have lost almost 14 pounds and have been bounding between the same 3 pounds for weeks. The only thing I have not tried is paying attention to the sugars. I seem to hit the limit with my coffee...hmmm. I am doing TDEE -20% so I know cals are not too low. Believe me, you're not alone!
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • chica559
    chica559 Posts: 21
    Options
    So its not just me!!! I have times where I start to get discouraged because I've only lost 2 pounds in 3 weeks. I've been told to take measurements and not go by what the scale says. Now because of how sick and tired I am of looking at my myself being fat, I just continue drinking plenty of water and sticking to low calorie meals. You are doing everything right so long as you feel healthier and more alive! Thrive for that goal and do it with a smile!!! Keep up the good work!
  • BethlovesRene
    BethlovesRene Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Me!!! I have been struggling the past 6-8 weeks. I finally upped cals 2 weeks ago and seem to seeing a slow declline. Feel free to add and we can motivate each other!
  • hillm12345
    hillm12345 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I've been here for a year and officially lost 8.5 lbs since my starting weight of 172. As of today I'm down to 163.4.. and I've yo yoed like it was my job. I've gotten as low as 162 and back up to as high as 169. I'm finally seeing a little more loss but it's been nothing short of a frustrating adventure. Every time I want to quit I just have keep reminding myself this is a journey and if I try to rush this it may lead to unhealthy behaviors.
  • DoxieLove10612
    DoxieLove10612 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I had an issue where I lost the weight then gained 5 of 7 back....well I was also 11 days late for my TOM....it came out of no where (I had no concerns) and there went all that weight! Whew. Silly girl time! Made me feel like I was working out for nothing.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    A bit slower than I like but I thought I would be done by now. In August 2010 I set out to lose 100 pounds, 2 years later I'm only 60 pounds in. It's still a big loss, I just thought I'd be maintaining by now. There's been a lot of ups and downs but I'm much better than where I started.
  • delaware142
    delaware142 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, less than a 5 lb loss in last few months myself. I think we're just at a plateau, bodies have to adjust before next spurt of loss. I try to get a little more exercise when it gets like this to jolt my system alittle. Just don't give up !!
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I hear you!! Don't get frustrated though!!! Stay positive! At least you haven't been gaining!!! I tend to drink a good amount of wine alot so I am trying to cut that down in my diet, not completely out though!!!:bigsmile: