Come..Take a peek! Tell me where I can improve.

Options
I would really appreciate input on my diary. 5 weeks in and down 3.6 lbs (from restart weight) and I'm thinking I'm could be improving my weight loss results but can't figure out where I could improve.

Cheers!

Replies

• tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    If you learned to like black coffee, you could save ~50-100 calories per day, cutting out the sugar and milk/cream. You can get a decent grinder and an Aeropress on Amazon for about $60, and with those tools you can make better coffee than any drip machine. If you think coffee is supposed to taste bitter and burnt and needs milk and sugar to make it palatable, please do this - everyone deserves to experience what coffee is supposed to taste like. Freshly ground and brewed immediately, it's hardly bitter at all and doesn't need any doctoring. It's quite pleasant.

I don't see very many vegetables; consider reaching for carrot or celery sticks once in a while for snacks, maybe? It looks like you're doing well, though; 3.6 pounds in 5 weeks is almost a pound per week, which is nothing to sneeze at. What have you got your goal set to?
  • michelleshere
    michelleshere Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I do love my coffee! I am working on reducing the added ingredients, but it's a slow process. thanks for taking the time to review it. :)
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    It looks very good. You are keeping close to your calorie target, and going over on protein while going under on carbs (a good combination). There are only two things I would suggest.

The first is that your fat is a little high. You might want to switch the cream in your coffee for milk. If you like it creamy, then use whole milk. It's a small change, but it should make a dent.

The other is that you seem to be eating a lot of restaurant and processed foods. You might want to track sodium to make sure that isn't sending you way over. It won't impact weight loss, but it will make your scale readings less screwy and help you avoid high blood pressure in the future. A lot of processed foods also sneak sugar into foods that don't really need it, or use a bunch of other additives.
  • wolfpack77
    wolfpack77 Posts: 655
    Options
    Are you exercising?
  • lasmit4477
    lasmit4477 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    It looks pretty good. Watch the sodium/processed foods and I would add more exercise, which should include weight training!
  • michelleshere
    michelleshere Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I head to the gym every other day, with a combo of cardio and weights, which I love! I know my weakness is my coffees. With 7 kids, I crave that boast of energy. ;) I thank all of you for your valuable input!! I'm sure the sodium is killing my scale results, so I'm on the watch over the next couple of weeks to cut that back.