started at 365, am 255 now and need support!!!!

Options
hey guys i came across this board and signed up, seems like alot of good info here and motivation.

i am a 27 yo male in miami, i started out at 365 lbs 3 years ago (size 54+ waist) and needed a lifestyle change, i was comfortable with my body as i rarely could give 2 you know whats but it was very embarassing for me to not be able to enjoy amusement parks with my friends and simply other little things, my job requires me to fly atleast 3x a month and that was proving to be difficult.

i asked my best friend (who now moved away) to just simply drag my fat butt to the gym and just bring me there not babysit me or patronize me but just make sure im in the enviroment every day. he did and the results proved amazing, i was losing on average 10-15 lbs a month at 1st but then dramaticallyslowed down. when i hit 235 lbs it was like running into a brick wall...

since then ive yo-yo'd between 235 and 255 and can do the full swing in under a month but once i hit the 235 lb mark, my body just doesnt loose weight. this baffles me and also sort of discourages me as i say "for what". ive been at around 250 lbs for almost a year now and am trying to go back to the gym. i even used a trainer for 3 months and couldnt get below 240 lbs... i felt great and muscular but couldnt lose the #'s....

anyways folks, any and all will be appreciated, my diet isnt the best as i eat late, dont eat in the morning, worst combination i know. :-( im learning!!!!

Replies

• Ksanzi
    Ksanzi Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi
    Change the way you think about food. If you are hungry, the first thing you should do is drink a large glass of water. Then grab a fruit or veggie before something junkie. Limit yourself to sweets only once a week to start until you can eventually ween them out of your diet forever. You will feel so much better! If you are working out so hard, you need to start eating right to push you to lose that weight that isn't shedding off you now at this brick wall. You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!

KS
  • Sexyvampirebill
    Options
    Amazing weight loss though! Don't be so hard on yourself. We all hit a point where it is like rammimg your head into a wall. I am there now and bounce between 3-5 pounds difference every week. Can't seem to get down to my ideal, which is frustraing but I too do not have time to eat in the morning and unfortunately, due to my schedule I am often forced to eat late if at all! Keep at it, that's all you can do. Eventually you will see results or at least maintain! :)
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    Firs tof all, CONGRATS on the 100 lb lose!! Once you get your food under control, it should help. Also, lifting is great but, also make sure you get a good amount of Cardio in as well, something to get your heart rate up and BURN.

GOOD LUCK on the remainder of your journey and remember, it is discouraging but, DONT GIVE UP!! You have come too far to lose it all now! YOU GOT THIS!!! :-)
  • mts3779
    mts3779 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I understand the disapointment of the up's and downs. What I can advise is to also drink a glass of water when you feel hungry. Cheese sticks are great to have at hand as well as fresh fruit. You also want to drink 1/2 your weight in ounces every day. I weight 190 and I drink 12 1/2 8 oz glasses of water every day. Before I eat anything I check on MFP to see how much I can have without going over my limit. I also eat a lot of fruit every day. Incrrease your walking. You body may be used to the daily routine and may need to be stepped up a bit. Don'y worry about the weight gain but start to focus on eating better choices of food. STOP eating so late. That was my problem as well. Make yourself grab something before you start out in the morning. Grab an English muffin, toast it and dab some butter on it. Grab some cheese sticks. You can also eat small snacks through out the day to keep the hunger at by. Stay away from Pop (sorry I am from MI...We call it pop, Soda to you...:-) ) I have not had one in 4 weeks and I am dying for one but I just tell myself no. You have lost an incredable amount of weight.. You should be very proud of yourself. Stop beating yourself up. Change the way you do things now that the weight is not coming off as you like.

Here is what I do.
    Breakfast I have an English muffin, 2 cups of coffee
    I have a cheese stick or 2 before lunch.
    A lot of water in between

Lunch I have 1 slice of bread with a fresh lunch meat.
    Water

I snack though out the day on cheese sticks, apples, and other fruits and Activa.

Dinner
    A meat, starch and a veggie.

I have plunty of calories fats and carbs etc to throw a beer or 2 in at night.

Walk, or run up and down the steps several times. Again and drink a lot of water.

You can do this my friend. Friend me and we can encourage each other

Mark