How DO you get a 6 pack??!

Options

Replies

• Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    Liquor Barn, usually, but sometimes the divey little strip mall shop near the house works.

LOL beat me! cheers.

that or the BevMo
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Im hoping that full body movements in heavy lifting are going to help them get defined and continuing to seriously monitor my nutritional intake and bf% will eventually show them off.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I really wish there was a Use This CookBook to Lower Your BF, Stupid cookbook out there.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    My doctor says I have a six pack under my 100+ pounds of fat. He also says I can eat whatever I want and just need to do crunches to lose the fat. According to him you can target fat loss by working out the body part that is fat. Getting a six pack has virtually nothing to do with diet. Keep up the good work with the ab workouts buddy!

obvious troll is obvious.
  • No idea I eat bacon and drink beer i don't have a 6 pack: I have an 8 pack.

Best profile picture comment combo.

Back on topic - thank you for this thread. Looks like I have some work to do. :laugh:

14496283.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Yep go eat bacon and drink beer!
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • darich78
    darich78 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My doctor says I have a six pack under my 100+ pounds of fat. He also says I can eat whatever I want and just need to do crunches to lose the fat. According to him you can target fat loss by working out the body part that is fat. Getting a six pack has virtually nothing to do with diet. Keep up the good work with the ab workouts buddy!

Trolling? Or for real you think that?

What's trolling
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    How do I get a 6 pack?

I go to my local grocery store and buy beer in quantities of 6. :bigsmile:
  • Fiona_Bullough
    Fiona_Bullough Posts: 138 Member
    Options

What's trolling

Lol, read his profile and diary! Bit of a laugh!
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options

What's trolling

Lol, read his profile and diary! Bit of a laugh!

Yeah that was pretty amazing. I feel bad for the random guys photo he used though
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I do abs EVERY day and I eat well and run about 8-10 miles a week. I have a flat stomach but I really want to have defined abs. Am I doing the wrong ab workouts? Do I need to add weights to my ab workouts? Anybody have any suggestions or know the secret to a ripped stomach??

Doing abs EVERY day is a hinderance as well. It's a muscle group, it needs rest for recovery as well. Doing abs won't eliminate the body fat around the waste. Solid cardio is the best way to cut your body fat down to a percentage where you can see your 6pack. As I had it explained to me. Everyone has a 6pack. It just depends how much stuff is on top of it.

I got mine from solid cardio 4 days a week, and training my abs twice per week.
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    1st thing is to NOT be 40 years old. :tongue:
    trust me, I've been fighting that battle for a while now. Damn you, 20 somethings! :grumble:

2nd is to get your body fat (for a guy) down to about 10% or 17% (for a lady) or therebouts (different people store fat in different places so that's an estimate only). This of course encompasses healthy nutrition and the right amount of calories for you.

3rd is to realize that genetics plays a roll, some people just don't have pronounced abs, and have to live with smaller or smoother abs, you'll figure this out as you remove body fat.

4th do lots of core, build a progressive plan to move from beginner/intermediate moves such as the basic "crunch" types on to more advanced moves like 1 handed planks, captains chairs...etc.

5th build overall strength. Part of killer abs is how they are framed, your abs may kick *kitten* but if the rest of you is scrawny, it'll take away from it, just making you look dis-proportioned.

That's my method

take it for what it's worth.

I am 38. I have done no direct ab work of note yet.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    six-pack-abs-of-beer.jpg
  • dr3wman
    dr3wman Posts: 205
    Options
    Oh and the percentages of diet and exercise to get a six-pack are completley irrelevant, you can eat like a pig and still get abs if you do enough cardio

yeah, good luck out exercising a poor diet.

You can have a "poor diet" and still only be in a small surplus which is easily turned into a deficit by exercise. My point was not to encourage bad eating, but to say that even if you don't eat the ideal "healthy" food or amount of calories...hard work can more then make up for it. Obviously diet is an easier method of weight loss but if one was so inclined (which I have have been), they could eat 400 calories above their maintinance and burn 700 calories from cardio every day.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the 14% thing, my abs started to show at about 22-23% body fat...but just a smidge. I think it had a lot to do with my diet at the time (food plan, not "diet") and the fact that I was doing a lot of core work--planks, pushups, etc.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    trust me, I've been fighting that battle for a while now. Damn you, 20 somethings! :grumble:

2nd is to get your body fat (for a guy) down to about 10% or 17% (for a lady) or therebouts (different people store fat in different places so that's an estimate only). This of course encompasses healthy nutrition and the right amount of calories for you.

3rd is to realize that genetics plays a roll, some people just don't have pronounced abs, and have to live with smaller or smoother abs, you'll figure this out as you remove body fat.

4th do lots of core, build a progressive plan to move from beginner/intermediate moves such as the basic "crunch" types on to more advanced moves like 1 handed planks, captains chairs...etc.

5th build overall strength. Part of killer abs is how they are framed, your abs may kick *kitten* but if the rest of you is scrawny, it'll take away from it, just making you look dis-proportioned.

That's my method

and thus my statement, "That's my method"

I acknowledge there's plenty of ways to get there. But my method works, this much I know.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    bumpity.
  • chriscbond
    chriscbond Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    six-pack-abs-of-beer.jpg

LOVE THIS! :laugh:
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options

That's my method

and thus my statement, "That's my method"

I acknowledge there's plenty of ways to get there. But my method works, this much I know.

Indeed. IMHO time spent doing tons of core work would be better spent doing barbell lifts with an optional small ab finisher. You will get that overall body strength you mentioned plus abs to boot. But, I am biased towards barbell lifts so...