laundry soap

Options
what kind of laundry soap do you use to get the gym smell outta your clothes? blah!! :sick:

Replies

• Caroline244
    Caroline244 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I use Arm & Hammer with Oxy Clean - it's a powder in a big yellow box. I used to use Tide, but it was sooo perfume-y (if that's even a word! lol), but I find that the A&H stuff keeps my clothes looking good and smelling fresh - I have an oober sensitive nose and have been happy with the switch to A&H. Besides, the Oxy Clean additive in the detergent is keeping my socks whiter :-)
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    If you can't get the smell of sweat out of your clothes, you should soak it in a bucket with vinegar and water and then wash it afterwards.
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    I use Arm & Hammer with Oxy Clean - it's a powder in a big yellow box. I used to use Tide, but it was sooo perfume-y (if that's even a word! lol), but I find that the A&H stuff keeps my clothes looking good and smelling fresh - I have an oober sensitive nose and have been happy with the switch to A&H. Besides, the Oxy Clean additive in the detergent is keeping my socks whiter :-)

^^^ This is the same stuff that I use and like it.
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I like the Gain Apple Mango Tango. Smells soooo good. And good old bleah for whites. :)
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    If you can't get the smell of sweat out of your clothes, you should soak it in a bucket with vinegar and water and then wash it afterwards.

I've heard this before - what kind of dilution are we talking about?
  • Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I use the Tide Febreeze stuff. And the Mango/Tango dryer sheets. :)
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I like the Gain Apple Mango Tango. Smells soooo good. And good old bleah for whites. :)

Exactly this. With plenty of dryer sheets afterwards! (also mango tango)
  • Illona88
    Options

I've heard this before - what kind of dilution are we talking about?

About 3/4 bucket of slightly warm water with about a glass of white vinegar. Leave it for about 8-24 hours.

You can also just put the vinegar in the washing machine in place of fabric softener (also good for the colour of your clothes), but this doesn't work quite as well and if you sweat really badly you could start to smell the vinegar a bit this way.
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Tide w/ Febreeze Sport I think mine is called. I never wear the same gym clothes twice between washes either. gross.
  • Illona88
    Options
    Am I really old school?

My mum taught me to clean absolutely everything with either vinegar, soda crystals, traditional soft soap, salt or a combination.
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    We had to replace our washer and dryer over the summer, and we went with the really nice Electrolux front-load. It's the one with the steam that Kelly Rippa advertises. Now EVERYthing comes out smelling amazing! We use the cheapest Sun liquid detergent, and it only takes about a quarter cup. It's remarkable how much cleaner everything is.

I know this is not what you originally asked, but I just had to share! :bigsmile:
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Tide Sport :heart:
  • ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Tide w/ Febreeze Sport I think mine is called. I never wear the same gym clothes twice between washes either. gross.

And Bleach for my whites!
  • Tinman42
    Tinman42 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Febreeze also makes a laundry additive that is great for taking out those sweaty smells!
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I make my own. It's a lot less chemicals and WAY cheaper. If they're extra sweaty put I vinegar in the bleach dispenser - works great and is much easier on both your clothes and the machine!
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    I make mine from a recipe i got off of pinterest and have noticed my workout clothes aren't near as smelly at the end of my workout even though i work just as hard.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    add some baking soda to your normal detergent
  • AMHouse85
    AMHouse85 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I make my own laundry soap ( a mix of Fels Naptha soap, Washing Soda, and 20 Mule Team Borax). I use white vinegar in the softener cup. Never have any smells and everything feels really clean.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    You can also mix baking soda in with the vinegar and water. the baking soda and vinegar will react for a few seconds, but it's very effective for smells, and cleaning in general.
  • hockeymama1963
    hockeymama1963 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Tide sport formula My son plays hockey and soccer and his clothes reek without out it