Is it okay to work out all the time?

Options
This might sound stupid, but is it okay to work out 6 days a week? I'm not a very hard routine, but for me, it's rough. lol. I walk/jog on the treadmill for a half hour, then (for right now) I'm doing leg press, curls, and lifts, pull down, chest press, abdominal crunches, and side ways spinny things (lol). All of them are just two sets at 12 reps per set. I have been doing that M, W, and F and then doing water aerobics on Tuesdays and again on Saturdays.

I want to do that work out all week long if possible but don't want to hurt myself.

Replies

• MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    It sounds okay to me, but just listen to your body if it needs an extra rest day here and there, don't be afraid to take it.
  • indpls2002
    indpls2002 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I feel really good but it's almost like something inside of me is saying LIVE AT THE GYM! LOL. I was super sore from working out on Monday which is why I went Tuesday and it made me feel better!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    It really depends on the intensity of the exercise, your age and your level of conditioning. For example, young males are fairly invincible but us old people have a little more trouble. As for intensity, if you're doing hardcore speed or distance or weights 6x a week it's gonna catch up eventually. Injuries or just general fatigue can set in.

Eat well, get plenty of rest and pay attention to how you feel.