Best earbuds to run with?

Options
2»

Replies

• runningathena
    runningathena Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    SNUGGBUDS!

Seriously, it's like surround sound in your head. They're sold online but also at larger race expos. You can test them out in their booth if you see them at an expo - try them! You will be amazed.
  • mjconner1
    mjconner1 Posts: 1
    Options
    I just got a pair of these clips called HearBudz. They're compatible with the white Apple earbuds, which is cool, since I have a few of these already, because they come with every ipod, ipad, iphone or nano. They securely and comfortably stay in place, and don't fall out, even while walking, jogging, running, bicycling, skating, exercising, working out etc... check'em out they were only $6.95 for a pair
    http://www.hearbudz.com/#!hearbudz-home-page/mainPage
  • zoom2
    zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of the Sennheiser/Adidas headphones. I've been using Sennheiser's sport models for years. They are not noise-canceling, but still have good sound. You do NOT want anything that blocks out the noises of your surroundings. And the Sennheisers have been really sweat and rain-proof for me. I can even wash them in the sink when they get gunked-up with sweat and sunblock. They still don't short-out.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I run everyday with Sennheiser CX380's. They stay put, and they're the first "sweatproof" pair I've had- I never had the issues with earbuds falling out like others have had, but every pair I've had before this I would sweat and short them out. Even high end expensive ones. These, they even recommend you rinse them off with water to keep the minerals from your sweat from building up- and the sound quality has stayed good. Gets my seal of approval!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Since my previous post in this thread, I've bought a pair of clip-in Beats (acutally used credit card points, so no cash out of pocket... would never pay that much for headphones)... definitely better than any of the cheap earphones I've used, but considering the price I'm disappointed with both the sound and the security/stability in my ear.

I got a pair of yurbuds that I've only used a handful of times, but so far they are far and away the best workout headphones I've used. Decent sound and lightyears ahead of any other earbuds in terms of staying in place.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    The only ones I found at work for me is ironman. I got them originally at an expo but now they sell them for $30 at Walmart. The more you sweat the better they stay in.
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I wear my Bose IE2 audio headphones and they don't go ANYWHERE regardless what activity I am doing! LOVE THEM!! And they are Bose, so the sound is great!

ie2_headphones_bh_lg.jpg
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    And they are Bose, so the sound is great!\
    I'm sorry, but I find that REALLY funny. Bose.. sound great... hahahahahhaha.
  • 1holegrouper
    1holegrouper Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I run everyday with Sennheiser CX380's. They stay put, and they're the first "sweatproof" pair I've had- I never had the issues with earbuds falling out like others have had, but every pair I've had before this I would sweat and short them out. Even high end expensive ones. These, they even recommend you rinse them off with water to keep the minerals from your sweat from building up- and the sound quality has stayed good. Gets my seal of approval!

I've used these for years in all weather conditions and they have not failed me yet. About once a week I rinse them off in the sink. They have never failed nor fallen out.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I still haven't figured out to get ear buds to stay in my ear when I'm just sitting down. I hate those things. Give me a pair of headphones! :tongue:
  • 80Ben
    80Ben Posts: 119 Member
    Options

I've used these for years in all weather conditions and they have not failed me yet. About once a week I rinse them off in the sink. They have never failed nor fallen out.

One more vote for those. I have the OMX680 as I prefer the ones that go around the ear. You can mold it to your ear; this takes a few runs but once it's done, it's perfect. It's Sennheiser and Adidas, so they sound great, they are very sturdy and designed for sports. Plus I wouldn't go back to earphones you cannot rinse.
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Bose earbuds that are fabulous. After putting them in I don't even feel them, and they stay put very comfortably as well as having that fabulous Bose sound. They are not cheap (over $100) but I LOVE them.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I hace a cheap pair of philips ear buds and they are GREAT for the price. I don't have a problem with them falling out and I even ran them through the wash and the dryer and they STILL work! Can't beat that for $10!

I use Phillips to(they have a microphone so I can make/take a call if need be) and they work great.

Stay in my ears and never slip out!
  • determined136
    Options
    I love the skullcandy ear buds. They fit well and stay put! Good luck...it is frustrating when you can't get put together and comfy!
  • sportrunner01
    Options
    I tried SullCandy, but sound was not great and they broke! I demo'd and found SnuggBuds at a sports expo. Bought some Pump'D and the bass is amazing! I have had mine for over a year without a single issue. Absolutely recommend them! www.SnuggBuds.com
  • nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Yurbuds and you can find them at Walmart and Target.

Everyone that I have recommended them to have thanked me many times over and love them too.

They stay put, don't hurt the ears and also sound great.
  • mmccurrach
    mmccurrach Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    bump for later read
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    Good luck. Every pair I have tried fall out. I bought some "behind the ear clip" kind and they stay in but the sound is terrible.

Edit: let me rephrase. The sound isn't terrible, it just isn't the same as having the music blasted in my ear canal like I prefer...

Have to quote this. I honestly go for the cheapest pair of behind the ear clip one I can find...all mine end up dying because of how much I sweat and the wiring gets pulled so I don't invest in expensive ones anymore for running.
  • raygunn_viola
    raygunn_viola Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Sony has some that fit completely over your ear, they are about 20 bucks at academy. I think that they are great. They stay in through jogging, jumping jacks, and other things, and the sound is great too.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/JVC-HAFX35PN-Marshmallow-Headphone-Pink/dp/B004I44LH2/ref=pd_sim_e_6

i have these. they've never fallen out while running or jumping on the trampoline.
    you squish the ear part down like an earplug, then shove it in your ear, then it expands to fit the canal.