Any Low Carb Brownie or Gooey Butter Cake type Recipes?

Options
gillz89
gillz89 Posts: 81 Member
So, I have a massive craving for either brownies or gooey butter cake and I don't want to throw myself out of Ketosis for it, so I'm wondering if anyone knows of any good low carb recipe options? I normally stick to under 20 g net carbs daily, but I have gone up to 100 g ish. Prefer to stay under 50 g, so the fewer carbs the better! I'm willing to do some extra work at the rock gym tonight to account for it.

Replies

• nikket3000
    nikket3000 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have some great recipes in my blog for treats if you want to check them out.
    I did make a flax brownie for the boyfriend the other day too. I think I used a similar recipe as the cake, but I used no eggs and more butter along with some real dark chocolate bits to make it even better.
    I have actually gotten pretty good at making desserts keto friendly.
    Do you have almond/coconut or flax flours?
  • kre8ed
    kre8ed Posts: 6
    Options
    Black bean brownies are wonderful! Here is the recipe from spark people,
    http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=1686770
  • windycitycupcake
    windycitycupcake Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    yes, try black bean brownies, they are delicious
  • Psychoanalytic
    Options

129045330896628960.jpg

I like black beans. I like brownies. I'm not sure how much I'd like a black bean brownie though.
  • gillz89
    Options
    I have some great recipes in my blog for treats if you want to check them out.
    I did make a flax brownie for the boyfriend the other day too. I think I used a similar recipe as the cake, but I used no eggs and more butter along with some real dark chocolate bits to make it even better.
    I have actually gotten pretty good at making desserts keto friendly.
    Do you have almond/coconut or flax flours?

I have almond flour, and can get coconut flour I think but where does one get flax flour?
  • gillz89
    Options

129045330896628960.jpg

I like black beans. I like brownies. I'm not sure how much I'd like a black bean brownie though.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I think I'm going to just go for it and try to have an open mind.
  • gillz89
    Options
    Black bean brownies are wonderful! Here is the recipe from spark people,
    http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=1686770

I will try those. Have to admit, the concept of black bean brownies scares me but I'll keep an open mind. I'll hit the grocery store on the way home tonight. Thanks!
  • Psychoanalytic
    Options
    I was thinking the exact same thing. I think I'm going to just go for it and try to have an open mind.

I very much have an open mind to all kinds of foods. Some things just don't seem to mix though, and I think that would be one of them. I mean.... brownies that would give you the toots! :laugh:
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I love them and I was super skeptical
  • melissablack318
    Options
    yum!