What NOT to Wear: Before & After Photos

Options

Replies

• Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I think basic bra/panties can be totally tasteful as long as they're cut without revealing too much (in terms of what you're comfortable with)...... Cute underwear is really inspiring for me...

I am glad someone doesn't mind. I took my before (which I have not posted) in a matching bra and panties set because I don't own a bikini (for obvious reasons :D) and the set gives a better of idea of what my body really looks like. I had taken one in shorts and tank top but I was wearing very loose clothing and I wanted to really see the eventual difference. Haven't decided yet whether I will eventually post that photo here (when I reach my goal) or just links to it. Don't want to offend anyone.
  • wolfpack77
    wolfpack77 Posts: 655
    Options
    It's 2012 just strip to your underwear.

yeah, just take it all off. lmao.
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Imo skin is not a big deal. I've never had a problem with other women showing off what they've worked hard to achieve, but I'm not a conservative who worries about what everyone else should do with their bodies. As long as its not a straight up cleavage or crotch shot, who cares. It's a fitness website. You will see bare tummies and legs.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I really don't want to see someone in their bra and panties.. sometimes you can't avoid it when they post pictures in a thread, though. I really don't understand why people do this.

Sports bra and short shorts, running shorts or bikini will be just fine. I get that for many, regular clothes don't show any change. How about a tight fitting tank top? But a regular bra and panties? I'm by no means a prude, I just don't want to see other in their bra and panties.
  • mrswilson0511
    mrswilson0511 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I currently do a sports bra and tight form fitting yoga pants (until they fall off too big) :wink: . The key to great pics is also to make it the same out fit every time, the same angle/distance and the same back ground. Its crazy how changing one or two of these things can really alter the picture.
  • nicolio8699
    nicolio8699 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    you look like a foxxxx- go with the undies;)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    If you're ok with your boss, brother's friends, grandmother, etc. seeing your photos, post away. If the thought bothers you, a meant-to-be-seen sports bra and tiny shorts would be a good investment.

Personally, I wouldn't post underwear photos, but I don't have a problem with those that do. And I don't have a problem posting bathing suit pictures because... well, I just don't give a damn, plus I live on a corner lot so anyone can drive past my back yard and see me in a swimsuit all summer long.

And besides, a lot of times, changes DON'T show when you're fully dressed. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/LorinaLynn/view/in-defense-of-bikinis-215624
  • jujulamb
    jujulamb Posts: 195
    Options
    i never think basic underwear is acceptable to post online EVER
    a normal bathing suit is unfortunately excused from this (heavens if i know why)

why not wear normal clothes. Its what you wear everyday anyway and most ppl will see you in.
    if you have to be naked to show off your weight loss maybe you should wait till its more noticeable. (not YOU specifically )
    I could not agree more!! :)
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Maybe a sports bra and short pair of tights.

I agree with this.
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I don't agree with the underwear. I think it's a bit untasteful. Honestly, I don't even like bikini's just for the fact it's no different the underwear other than material! Just get a pair of gym shorts that are a bit form fitting, and a tank top or sports top with a cropped stomach if you want your stomach to show.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Personally, for progress pics that I'm posting publicly I usually wear a pair of short shorts and a strappy top rolled up to show the stomach. I would never post an underwear pic, but that's just me, I don't see anything wrong with it at all.

I'd also wear a bikini, but I wouldn't say my bikinis are skimpy (usually have boy shorts style bottoms)

If you do post an underwear pic, I'd advise to crop the head out. Maybe I'm just paranoid but I doubt you'd want lots of people (potentially) that you know, seeing you in your underwear.
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    i take all my pics in tighty whities and cowboy boots....if ur offended ur un-american

Oh...care to share??? :happy:
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    i take all my pics in tighty whities and cowboy boots....if ur offended ur un-american

Baaahahahaa!
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I have pics in underwear, bikinis and sports bra's and shorts, I think its up to you what you feel most comfortable in, I guess that the main thing is be consistent if you really want to do a great before after theme, but even in different clothing, the result should show, maybe do a set in clothing and a set in something less modest., as long as they are not your profile pic, I don't think it matters as much. (and yes there are undies in my profile pic!)
  • Stacey3981
    Options
    Wow, there are a lot of repressed people on this site! Seriously, what is the difference between a bikini and a bra and underwear set? The underwear probably covers more! Girl, wear whatever you feel comfortable in and make your profile private if you're concerned about who might see the pictures.
  • Mama_Mila
    Mama_Mila Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    ^^^this is true because my bikini bottoms are much skimpier than the one panty pic I have up!
  • MizCJ84
    MizCJ84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options

Woohoo! I'm definitely a true American then :drinker:
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Wow, there are a lot of repressed people on this site! Seriously, what is the difference between a bikini and a bra and underwear set? The underwear probably covers more! Girl, wear whatever you feel comfortable in and make your profile private if you're concerned about who might see the pictures.

My bikini covers more..... I'm by no means "repressed" I just don't want to see other people in a bra and panties. it a completely different level. I think my husband would be peeved if I posted a picture of myself in my panties! On another note, this stuff is on the internet for *ever* anyone wanting to dig stuff up on you can easily take your photo, photoshop it up and make your life hell. it's easy. and mean people will take advantage of it. I for one don't want a picture of me in my panties floating around the internet.
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with undies? >.>
  • SabrinaSt
    SabrinaSt Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies. :) I already did take pictures and posted them on my (personal) blog. I wore sports bra and tights --- I got a bit intimidated when I read some replies. LOL. I also do not understand the bikini-is-okay-but-basic-underwear-is-not logic. My bikinis show a lot more skin than my modest, nonsexy, basic undergarments.

I certainly do not want to wear a fitted tank top/normal dress for my progress photos because I want to see my squishy tummy fat melt slowly but surely. :wink: