30 Day Shred

Options
Hi Everyone, I know ppl have posted about this, but i cant find any.....Has anyone had success doing the 30 day shred...i hear ppl say they have gained weight, but i am wondering if it is because your gaining muscle?

PLEASE I would like to know ppls success.

Replies

• hollybod
    hollybod Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    tomorrow will be day 14 for me of the 30 day shred. I have read lots on here before i started so i expected to put on weight. i weigh once a week and after seven days on the shred i lost 3 pounds weight and 1 inch of my waist. however after second week i put on 2 pounds but have not measured but i do feel like i have lost some more inches. i plan to weight until i have finished to measure again but i will continue to weigh every week.
  • viahurt
    viahurt Posts: 1
    Options
    OMG! its tuff but doable I guess. I am always sore the next 2 days.
  • ampgsp03
    ampgsp03 Posts: 20
    Options
    im gonna start it today and do it once a day :)
  • Camberries7
    Camberries7 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I haven't gained, but have gotten a lot leaner and when combined with my 30 min of cardio I do on my own - I've seen a huge difference. I wouldn't worry about gaining weight.
  • Camberries7
    Camberries7 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Oh, it's been about 2 1/2 weeks.
  • StrawberrySuzyQ
    StrawberrySuzyQ Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    YES! YES! YES!! Now mind you, I had already been losing weight and gaining strength for 8 months before starting but I did lose at least one inch from all parts of my body (except upper arms) and in some areas close to or more than two inches (like abs--upper and lower).

It IS a killer but it was probably the most fun I have had in a long time. It took me two or three days to get into it without wanting to shut it off or kill Jillian but once I got into it I had so much fun! I spent 10 days in each level and did NOT retake measurements or weigh myself until I was finished with the program.

I'm doing it now and while I go on vacation and when I get back from vacation I'm planning on starting the "Ripped in 30" video!!

As far as gaining, the only thing I can say is that you WILL gain muscle when starting out and so it will seem that you are gaining rather than losing but that is because muscle weighs more than fat and so while you are losing fat you are gaining muscle and that shows up on the scales as "weight gain" which is why I suggest to NOT weigh yourself once you start the 30 days until you get to the end. That way you don't get discouraged by thinking you have put on weight rather than lost it. :wink:
  • rheelizabeth
    rheelizabeth Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose many lbs (maybe 1-2 in 40 days) (i didn't do it every day but 4-5 times a week), I did however notice my back and thighs toned up considerably. Though I also didn't lose any inches off my hips or chest, and only 1 on my stomach (which started off over 40inches so I'd have thought I'd have seen more notable results). I began with a BMI or around 34, and at least 40lbs to lose.

The biggest change I noticed was my endurance, level 1 is a shock to the body if you aren't used to do any exercise regularly, as 2 and 3 come you do find yourself finding it easier, though I think this is mainly down to endurance again.

I think if I was to do it again, I would do it twice a day for 5-6 times a week to see if I saw any better results.
    I have since purchased Jillian Michaels other DVD's - Six pack in 6 weeks and No More Trouble Zones, I hope in 1-2 months time I was be leaner and fitter again.

Overall there will be a difference to your body/endurance at the end of the 30 D S, how big or small it is highly depends on a lot of other things.

Good luck with it!

ALSO wanted to add I was walking 5-6km or dancing for 90 minutes on the days I didn't do 30 D S.
    I was also eating in a caloric deficit but higher than starvation mode.
    But it has taken me a little over 5 months to lose 16lbs
  • hfzimmerman
    hfzimmerman Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I lost about 6 total inches when I did it but I wasn't eating very good or doing anything else
  • trkilpatrick
    trkilpatrick Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    i have done the 30DS in the past but not in the way that i have seen people doing it on here. Before, it took me weeks before i could even move on to the next level. This time i tried it with doing 10 days of each level and then moving on up to the next. I am on day 20 and since i started, i have lost 5 pounds. When i measured myself after 15 days, i had lost and inch around my waist and and an inch and a half from my hips. i will be measuring again after day 30 when i will have done 10 days of level 3 (30 in total).
    I am not sure how anyone could gain weight from doing the shred unless they are gaining water weight from starting a new and intense workout. And yes i was veeeeerrrrry sore when i started this up again (i hadn't worked out in a while) but the soreness goes away after a few days of continuing the workout. when i give up and give in to the pain and not do anything because i am sore, it seems to last longer.
    Give it a shot, i think it is worth it! Good luck!
  • OTchic
    OTchic Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    i ate really bad and i never exercised then i ate healthy and exercised with 30DS and lost 6lbs. i didn't see a difference til i saw my before and after photos.
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    More than likely you'll see a gain because your muscles are retaining water....but if you eat clean and give it your all most assuredly you will lose weight. I completed it in 40 or so days and saw a big difference. Still, you have to get past the initial "inertia" to give up, especially in the first few days. It's tough to be in plank and listen to Jillian lol. But if you push through you will see a major difference. Don't forget to take before and after pics. For $9-10 and 20 minutes a day, the DVD is well worth it.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/345445-the-ultimate-before-and-after-30-day-shred-thread?hl=ultimate+30+day+shred
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    today was my first day and let me tell you its a good workout...if you stick to it your results wil come for sure.....I love how she uses all your muscles together, and ones you don't use, its like a wake up call for your body....I am sore already :tongue:
  • JanelleG0122
    JanelleG0122 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Today is Day 7 for me, and while it is extremely sore on the calves and mid-section I am seeing results already. My stamina has increased dramatically, and there is only one section that I continue to have trouble with, I'm sure i'll get it, I just have to keep working towards it. I stayed the same weight through my first 4 days of doing it, but can already see more muscle tone in my abs and can tell other parts of my body are becoming stronger. Believe me you may feel like you want to quit after the first day or two, but don't! I still sometimes want to quit, but I push through it each day, and just keep looking forward to completing it and seeing my before and after pictures. It is definitely something I would recommend to anyone who wants to get tone and loose weight. Feel free to add me anyone for support!
  • dreja82
    dreja82 Posts: 43
    Options
    Today was day 7 of level !. I weighed in yesterday and had lost 2.2lbs and 1/2 inch off my waist. I can also now see muscle definition in my calves and on my back that I have never had before :)
  • Astephens1984
    Astephens1984 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I am on day 16 and day 6 of level 2. Every workout level is different. To me the 1st level worked muscles that were weak and level 2 is hard just because of the planks. Go heavy if the weights are to easy, I started at 256 pounds and I am down to 244 in 21 days and I also workout 30 minutes on my elliptical because I am trying to build my endurance up.
  • Cara2628
    Cara2628 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Today will be day 7 of level 1 for me. I haven't lost any weight but I can tell I am getting more toned (especially my butt!) and my endurance is much greater than it was before. I actually think I am going to move on to level 2 today, because I feel like I am used to level 1 and it isn't difficult anymore. There was a period of about 3 days where i had gained 1.5 pounds, but my weight is back down so I'm not too sure what that was about. I am hoping to see some loss in this next week!
  • JamesterCK
    JamesterCK Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hey! Yes, I finished 30DS and it was the best feeling ever. I posted my results on my blog, so if you want to read that post here's the link; it was so worth it! Overall I lost 12 lbs. and quite a few inches during that 30 days. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/JamesterCK/view/day-32-results-of-30ds-with-pics-381109
  • goldilocks509
    goldilocks509 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have been doing 30 dy shred and her yoga video also. I have noticed some change in my legs and my stomach and arms already. I have only done four days now and I can wait to see how i look in a month..I havent lost any pounds yet but i think its because it that time of the month. I plan on keeping up doing both videos until the month is over and see whats next for me
  • jhunny31
    Options
    I don't know. I haven't lost any weight yet on this program and even gained 3 pounds. Not too happy about it thus far.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!