Start May 2010 Challenge

Options
13»

Replies

• ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Can I join you all? I don't have a May birthday but am trying to get in shape so I can go hiking in the mountains at the end of May or beginning of June. I have about 20 lbs to lose also.
    Christy
  • twt1999brd
    Options
    I've been doing horribly. I gained 2 pounds over the holidays, and haven't been able to do anything but yoyo them. I've been feeling pretty stressed out right now, and the first thing I do when I start to feel upset is go straight to the cupboard :( I think I need to change the thing in my profile from active to sedentary, and that should help me stay in my calories better. I seem to go over every day, but don't go too far before my brain kicks in and reins me in, but if I'm going to keep that up, I need my calories to say that I need less. Anyway, I'm just kind of caught in a funk, and trying to positively think my way out of it. There, you asked for it, I posted, lol. ;)

I have found that when I am stressed or lazy, that if I litterly force myself to the gym I feel better. I feel skinny afterwards. They say that there is a hormone that is produced when you get your heart rate up that makes you feel happy and energized. I have skipped going to the gym over the weekend. My legs were so sore I couldn't even run with my son. I feel better today and am going back tonight. Just remember to put yourself first and remember your WHY! Why are you going this? Is it to keep up with your kids? To feel better about yourself? To be healthy and live your life to the fullest? Women tend to put everyone else before themselves.
  • angelnik03
    Options
    The more the merrier! :drinker: It's not just for May babies, just people who have goals in this time frame.
  • angelnik03
    Options
    The more the merrier! :drinker: It's not just for May babies, just people who have goals in this time frame.

That was supposed to have been for Christy's comment LOL.
  • angelnik03
    Options
    I'm having a great day! We're checking in today, right? I've lost probably a pound or so from last week. I usually take one off day during the week (Friday or Saturday) where I don't count or log calories. I usually try to offset with exercise, but I don't sweat it. It's mainly a mental health day for me so I don't feel like I'm depriving myself of the things I usually love to eat. I ended up taking Saturday AND Sunday this weekend because it was busy and I was worried that I did more damage than I meant to. I logged and exercised yesterday but didn't weigh in, and when I weighed in this morning, I was back to my pre-Christmas weight!! Yeah!! I've lost 17.4 lbs so far and I feel great. :bigsmile:

How's everyone else? My goal for next Tuesday is to be down 1 lb (at least). Share your goals!!
  • twt1999brd
    Options
    So, I lost a pound this week. Hopefully the first to many more. I use the scale we have a work if I didn't make it to the gym. I like their scale, it seems to be the most accurate. I didn't do so well yesterday. I had three pieces of pizza with vegies on it and I didn't excerise. I am definatley going to get in a class at the gym tonight. I am kind of stressed. I don't tend to over eat, I just eat the wrong things. I would really love some b-que chips right now. I was hoping for two pounds a week. Here's to a new week!
  • auntbliz
    auntbliz Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I gained 3. I was really tempted not to weigh in today, last night I had a bunch of high sodium snacks with my family, so I knew the scale was going to jump. Oh, and that's 3 pounds since my last weigh in, 2 of those pounds are the difference between yesterday when I weighed and today. Hopefully those will come back off in the course of a day or two, with lots of water, and I won't really have gained that much. Anyway, just reminds me that no matter how busy I am through the day, I still need to take time to exercise.
  • angelnik03
    Options
    I gained 3. I was really tempted not to weigh in today, last night I had a bunch of high sodium snacks with my family, so I knew the scale was going to jump. Oh, and that's 3 pounds since my last weigh in, 2 of those pounds are the difference between yesterday when I weighed and today. Hopefully those will come back off in the course of a day or two, with lots of water, and I won't really have gained that much. Anyway, just reminds me that no matter how busy I am through the day, I still need to take time to exercise.

Good luck! You can do it!