Karma / Quick Rant about frustrating RL friend

Options
BigBrewski
BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
Ok, I am posting this because sometimes you just got to "say" it all and since I cannot say this to the person I'll just post it here so I don't lose a friend (hmmm maybe I should just tell her off)

So I have a friend who cheated on her husband and is now divorced. (According to her they were already sleeping in separate rooms and it was clear they were separating, however neither had filed for divorce) I met her after the divorce on facebook naturally she was in my high school graduation class so I guess I knew her for years but we haven't talked since high school before reconnecting on FB a few years ago. So being that I was cheated on in my marriage I am already a little bitter to her because hey if your going to cheat freaking end your marriage first. As many of you know I am a nice guy while this gal was living her in California I was very helpful to her while she was going to school to be an ultrasound tech. I was a scanning dummy for her and when she got a internship I let her live with me so she didn't have to deal with traffic.

This gal is a negative nelly always negative "my life sucks", "I cant lose weight", "I cant find a decent, job", "men suck", "blah blah blah" So it turns out that she moved to Texas (I dunno that was her plan) and found a job answering the phones for a banking firm so people were yelling at her ALL day because they couldn't figure out why their accounts were negative. So last week she got fired. Now she is calling me daily and its the same "blah blah blah" *****ing.

I don't mind being there for my friends and I am always there for them but in this case it is really starting to drive me nuts!!!!

So I told my self that this is KARMA SMACKING her in the FACE!!!

Now I am happy!!!

Replies

• amandatomicbomb
    Options
    hahah i think everyone knows someone like that! at least she got what was coming to her!
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    x2_dfd4f89
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    So get rid of her. She sounds like a peripheral friend anyway. Life is too short to be worrying about the lives of other people.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Honestly, she sounds like a crappy person. I like to distance myself from negative people because it can be contagious.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Sorry mate, you're not allowed to whine that much and have a Terrible Towel avatar. It's unbecoming of our team.

Stop taking her calls and find one who's worth your time. Or continue whining but change the avatar!
  • LAWoman79
    LAWoman79 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Cut the ties, B. No one needs that *kitten*.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    change your #. No, seriously.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    You can take the passive aggressive route and just simply make yourself unavailable to her when she calls. Or you can be more confrontational and tell her that while you want to be her friend, her perpetual negativity is making it difficult. Ask her to find one positive thing to tell you. :)

I've told friends in the past that I have enough negative things in my own life that I really can't take dealing with theirs right now.
  • skonly
    skonly Posts: 371
    Options
    My life became less stressful and soooooooooo much better when I decided to get rid of negative influences. It's one thing to be a friend, and everyone has ups and downs, but I no longer let anyone suck me into their world.
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,158 Member
    Options
    Close your eye. Clear your heart. Cut the cord.
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    x2_dfd4f89

YES!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I am a strong believer in Karma. My son's "sperm donor" left me in the hospital alone for 3 days when I had our son. I came home to find out he was cheating on me with one of my "friends".

Fast forward 2 years, she falls in love with a soldier. He wants to marry her but they have an unexpected pregnancy. He took back the ring and left her with a kid and disappeared. My son's sperm donor has been living on his dad's couch for the last few years.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    there for my friends and I am always there for them but in this case it is really starting to drive me nuts!!!!
    So I told my self that this is KARMA SMACKING her in the FACE!!! Now I am happy!!!

Well, I don't believe in karma, and I don't like wishing bad things on anyone, or being happy that something bad has happened to them. Take the high road and try not being so happy she's down and out. BUT.....quit helping her!
  • HollywoodDJ
    Options
    So get rid of her. She sounds like a peripheral friend anyway. Life is too short to be worrying about the lives of other people.

SO SO SO SO SOOOOOoooooo MUCH THIS!!!!!

SAY GOODBYE....WALK AWAY!!!

I am definitely learning this very lesson ....tired of the *****ing , complaining, negative friend(s) that are constant martyrs and the relationship is one-sided! ....Better yet...Don't walk....RUN!!!!! And don't look back!

(as much as I love my "friends" that have been like this I simply cannot do it anymore. I am going to through something very similar right now and it sucks but I can no longer allow people to treat me like crap.

Good luck to you hun!
  • Jonalee1977
    Jonalee1977 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    You're a nice guy, BB. In this case, too nice. I think you need to cut her off and just tell her that until she decides to suck it up, recognize her mistakes, correct her actions, the friendship is over. I would never put up with someone like that.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a 'toxic relationship" to me. Everything I've read says to eliminate toxic relationships from your life. It's one thing to be there for a person going through a rough time, but when their whole life is a downward spiral (usually of their own making) and the support is not reciprocated, it's time to distance yourself.
  • Flamingalah
    Options
    People like that are always gonna have ****ty lives and they just love the drama and suck energy from anyone who'll listen. I had a friend like this, and I just had to let her go. She did have a few good qualities, and because I know Im not perfect, and I like to focus on the good in people, I kept being her friend...but in the end enough was enough. I think this ladies Karma hasnt quite hit yet...I mean...she still has YOU in her life to off-load all her crap. I think, her karma will hit her like a tonne of bricks once you let her go :)
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Sorry mate, you're not allowed to whine that much and have a Terrible Towel avatar. It's unbecoming of our team.

Stop taking her calls and find one who's worth your time. Or continue whining but change the avatar!

WINNER!!! And since I didn't change the avatar I have stopped taking her calls :)