rate my breakfast

Options
:drinker: hey, this is still my first week of changing my eating habits and working out and i'm trying to figure out good meal plans for myself. for the past couple of days my meals have been a little too light, and yesterday I felt overly fatigued during my workout. I think i need more carbs without a ton of calories. so, what do you think?

also, please add me as a friend if you'd like, having an online community watching my moves seems to be really helping me, and i'm not really sure why. it's nice to have an anonymous audience i suppose, to be honest with but not embarrassed. thanks in advance!

Picture6.png

potassium: 795
protein: 18
vitamin A: 266%
vitamin C: 1720%
calcium: 20%
iron:26%
sodium: 96
fiber: 9g
carb: 40g

Replies

• MrsB724
    MrsB724 Posts: 247
    Options
    I think that it looks really good.......I would worry a little less about the carbs and try to get lots of protein in. That being said your protein looks pretty awesome too.

See how you feel for the rest of the day and if your energy for your workout is good....keep with it :)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I think it looks good! What did you do with the spinach and blueberries? Just curious because of the order. :smile:
  • windycitycupcake
    windycitycupcake Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    thanks! I put the spinach in with the egg whites and then put it on toast with avocodo, then put the blueberries in the oatmeal to sweeten it!
  • awatscw08
    Options
    I think your breakfast looks very good and healthy! you may just need to give your body time to adjust to your new diet and workouts. When I switched my breakfast to a healthier choice it took my body a while to adjust, especially if your previous diet was totally different. Also, if you are feeling fatigued during your workout it could be dehydration. Make sure you drink at least 23oz of water throughout your morning before your workout, 8oz throughout your workout every 15 minutes, and of course rehydrate afterward. Post workout consume a high carb snack within an hour. That will help replenish your energy stores. Chocolate milk is a wonderful post workout recovery drink! Hope this helps some :)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    thanks! I put the spinach in with the egg whites and then put it on toast with avocodo, then put the blueberries in the oatmeal to sweeten it!

I though that's what it was. :smile:
  • Alohathin
    Alohathin Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    :drinker: hey, this is still my first week of changing my eating habits and working out and i'm trying to figure out good meal plans for myself. for the past couple of days my meals have been a little too light, and yesterday I felt overly fatigued during my workout. I think i need more carbs without a ton of calories. so, what do you think?

also, please add me as a friend if you'd like, having an online community watching my moves seems to be really helping me, and i'm not really sure why. it's nice to have an anonymous audience i suppose, to be honest with but not embarrassed. thanks in advance!

Picture6.png

potassium: 795
    protein: 18
    vitamin A: 266%
    vitamin C: 1720%
    calcium: 20%
    iron:26%
    sodium: 96
    fiber: 9g
    carb: 40g

Much better. Keep it up! :)
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    you didn't log your fat for breakfast but some deductive reasoning tells me it was about 19% of your total calories. I'd try to get your total for the day a bit higher than that. All in all it looks good!

I'd eat 1 actual egg and perhaps 1 or 2 whites though instead of only egg whites.
  • windycitycupcake
    windycitycupcake Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    thank you for all the info. i am still trying to find a good balance of nutrition and fat without the calories. I have a really hard time with self control so it's a big deal for me to have something like bread included in the meal or even in the house. i tend to want to eat slice after slice. I LOVE BREAD
  • mfkn_Titanium
    Options
    Honestly I'd try to get more protein in at this meal. It will satiate you longer and you'll be setting yourself up to better hit your protein goals for the day. So may more eggs, add some cheese, slice or two of bacon, protein shake if that's easier...whatever. When eating breakfast I like to have minimum 30g protein.