Runners: 5K, What's Your Time?

I have been running for a couple months now and have been working towards being in a 5K September 8th. I've never done anything like that before and am curious as to what times people complete it at. So what's your time for finishing?

Replies

• jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    I just ran my second 5k, and I did it in 36. Not great, but I finished!! My goal is to hit 32 at my next race in September!!
  • I'm a new runner and just ran one last week. I came in at a 36 minute time. Disappointing, but that's how it goes. I've only been running for a couple of months.
  • mandiam
    mandiam Posts: 109
    i can usually hit a 25...my best was a 22 though!
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    My latest one was 22:45. Not the fastest but my fastest, and that's what counts.
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    usually 34 mins with very slow jogging. at race for life i did it in 32 mins
  • Maddy__H
    Maddy__H Posts: 28 Member
    I do 26, but am working on the speed : ) enjoy it!
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    After running for only about 5 week,s I did my first 5k in 32:02. I'm running my next 5k in December and hope to be around 28 minutes or less.
  • deepfuture
    deepfuture Posts: 35 Member
    24 min was my latest ;-)
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    I haven't run a 5K for time in so long I'd be hard pressed to guess my time.

This much I know for sure ... some take a stop watch so they know their time. I take a sun dial. I'm slow. I know it.

My best 5k is probably 27-28 minutes. Today??? Ha! I'd miss the whole episode of Wheel of Fortune and some of Jeopardy, too.
  • Em_runs_away
    Em_runs_away Posts: 194 Member
    My first was 37 mins, I was still walk/run stage and walked twice for a couple of minutes, need to do another soon!
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    23.03, looking to get a 21.xx before the year is up. My focus is marathon training, but usually the shorter distance PRs come along for the ride:heart:
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Anything over 22:00 and I'm upset.

usually a 20:xx.
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    37:55 last year still doing a little walking

I've got one in a few weeks and my goal is to break 35
  • DG_Allen
    DG_Allen Posts: 219 Member
    My last PR was 22:59! Made my goal by one second! Running again on Sept 1 and shooting under 22:00
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Did my first in just under 30 mins, most recent was a PR at 22:25
  • I have not yet competed in a race. In fact just two days ago was the first time I ran that far without any walking. According to my endomondo app, my time was 33:52. I expect to get that under 30 minutes as the weather cools.
  • I started running in the spring and my best 5k time is 33mins. I am pretty happy as long as I get under 36. I just don't want to be last...lol
  • HeartME511healthy
    HeartME511healthy Posts: 163 Member
    My fastest run is 32 min, in a 5k. however running a 3.1 mile run on my own 27.
  • draculaspointer
    draculaspointer Posts: 106 Member
    After running for about 5 weeks, my first 5K was 31:01. A month later it was 29:04. Havent ran another official 5k as I have focused on longer races, but I often run a 3.1 mile loop around my house in about 27 minutes. The most important thing is to get out there and do it and not worry about time. Finishing dead least is better than did not finish which is better than did not start.
  • I ran my first 5k race last fall, and my time was 33:18. I didn't really go in with any expectations; I was just really proud of myself for finishing, and I enjoyed the experience. I will run my second 5k either this fall or winter, and my goal is to get under 30:00.