new and trying to avoid surgery

Options
2»

Replies

• tigerlinly
    tigerlinly Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    like u i am trying to avid surgry my brother had it had success but seeing the limitations on food he has gone through since i cant do that i cant give up pleasure that easily and i'm still struggling (been here 1 1/2 week) but slowly getting the pleasures knocked down some progress not much but am stil at the start though
  • skonly
    skonly Posts: 371
    Options
    You can't out-exercise a bad diet.

This!

Log all your food. Start with small changes at first. No one can give up everything at once. Swap out a few bad habits for a few good ones. Then do it again, and again, and again. Soon you will be bragging about eating healthy. I promise it isn't bad, it can be fun. The most important part is being honest with yourself. Don't compare yourself to anyone or make it a competition.

There is no reason you can't do it. Everyone is different and what works for one may not work for another. Listen to your body and look at your logs, the ones you are starting today, and everything will work out. You will find your way.

Swapping out bad habits for good habits, unhealthy foods for healthy foods, all things related, and you won't miss anything. You already decided to do something about it so I think I will congratulate you for that.
  • Leeanne1974
    Leeanne1974 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hiya!
    So pleased you are going to avoid surgery.
    So many people think that surgery is a quick fix and that they will get skinny with no work themselves.
    I am a supportive MFP person, please feel free to add me!
  • Moretakitty
    Moretakitty Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I went to the bariatric to find out about surgery. One thing they do is check your insurance before you get started to see if you'd have to pay out of pocket.
    My insurance said sure, BUT you have to do a weight loss program (I forget for how long) to see if you can lose first.

Here I am about 125 days or so later with 36 lbs lost and I don't even qualify for surgery any longer because my BMI is too low.

Bottom line is, you can do it, but it is going to take a lot of work.
    Like others have said, you need to track everything, and you need to be conscious of your food and exercise.

Good luck :)
  • mts3779
    mts3779 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    It sound slike you are on the right road to sucess. I find this site very helpful. I check the site befor I eat anything to see if it is going to fit into my food "budget". I am strict at recording and I even find myself writing things down before I get to my computer so I do not forget to record it. Take it slow, believe in yourself and don't be so hard on yourself. I really think that we reach a point in our diet plan and we get stuck and have to tweek it to help push our bodies back into the loosing mode.

Good choice on not having surgery just yet. I was in the medical field for 28 years and I saw a lot of nasty side effects. One is needing blood transfusions and Vitamin aborbion issues. Hair lose, tooth lose, heart issues.

Stick with the site and you will find an army of people here to cheer you on to listen to advise.

Add me as a friend if you like.

:-)