Just to make sure I have this right....

Options
Im 5'3'', 158lbs and 27 years old. My BMR should be around 1500 cals, and my TDEE (with a moderately active level because I workout 5 days a week) shows 2058 calories as my daily intake. Cut 15% of that, and I'm looking at around 1700 calories per day to loose weight. I don't worry about eating exercise calories back, as TDEE incorporates those in, and my macros are set to carbs 40%, fat %30 and Protein 30%.

Do I have that right?

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Looks like you're right on track. Go with it for a month or so and see how it goes - you can always modify it a bit if the theory doesn't match up with reality.
  • ladykaisa
    ladykaisa Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Thanks :)
  • redmapleleaf
    redmapleleaf Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    It looks like where I was exactly 6 months ago until I went and got my RMR tested to see what my true numbers are. What an eye opening experience that was for me.

Good luck.
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Think you have it right.. keep an eye on your Net.. if it drops below your BMR you will need to eat more to get up to your BMR.
  • sharpeoplepc
    sharpeoplepc Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I too am 5'3" and I consume around 1700 calories a day and my macros are 40/30/30. My weight is coming off slowly but I am at 133 pounds. I am 39 years old and I just can't lose weight as fast as I did in my 20's!
  • auntiemsgr8
    auntiemsgr8 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Ok so I might set off somehting here but I am still in a learning phase. I thought you still had to eat back your calories each day on top of the 1700 (as in the example). I didn't think the TDEE counted that. Esp since the calories burned could change every day. If I am wrong I would love to be corrected so I am sure I am doing this right.
  • AnvilHead
    Options
    Ok so I might set off somehting here but I am still in a learning phase. I thought you still had to eat back your calories each day on top of the 1700 (as in the example). I didn't think the TDEE counted that. Esp since the calories burned could change every day. If I am wrong I would love to be corrected so I am sure I am doing this right.
    Read Helloitsdan's first post in this thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

She's working a straight cut off her TDEE rather than the MFP recommendation + eating exercise calories. If you're doing a straight deficit from TDEE, there's no need to eat back calories. Much simpler.
  • mom2dms
    mom2dms Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Im 5'3'', 158lbs and 27 years old. My BMR should be around 1500 cals, and my TDEE (with a moderately active level because I workout 5 days a week) shows 2058 calories as my daily intake. Cut 15% of that, and I'm looking at around 1700 calories per day to loose weight. I don't worry about eating exercise calories back, as TDEE incorporates those in, and my macros are set to carbs 40%, fat %30 and Protein 30%.

Do I have that right?

Help! What is BMR and TDEE and why do you need to know these??
  • AnvilHead
    Options
    Help! What is BMR and TDEE and why do you need to know these??
    Read the thread I linked to in the post above - it explains it all.
  • ladykaisa
    Options

She's working a straight cut off her TDEE rather than the MFP recommendation + eating exercise calories. If you're doing a straight deficit from TDEE, there's no need to eat back calories. Much simpler.

Oh Hells Yes easier! I don't have to worry about "overeating" if I miss a workout, and I can plan my friggin week in advance without having to have a backup plan incase i do more then i originally meant to (Its funny how your ride home always finds a way to "not go your way" when it's raining....)
  • ladykaisa
    Options
  • mauibound2
    mauibound2 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Still a little under according to this calculator. I'm using a 15% cut according to this site, and I'm loving it.
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 years old 5ft 3in weighing 132. In January 2012, I was 155. I have been 132 for about two months now and I'm ready to drop three more pounds to reach my goal weight. I may try this formula. Thanks for the post.
  • ladykaisa
    Options
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Still a little under according to this calculator. I'm using a 15% cut according to this site, and I'm loving it.
    I'll check it out. Thanks!