NEED TO LOSE 100 LBS OR MORE !

Options

Replies

• skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @aug--sorry you are hurting. My husband has arthritis in his wrist (he's an auto tech, so years of turning a wrench have taken their toll) and when it flares up the swelling is ridiculous. The only thing that helps him is naproxen and rest.

@evan--crossing my fingers for your weigh-in! Yeah, remodeling should be quite a workout. I merely cleaned my bathroom today and worked up quite a sweat! :laugh:

@tina--sending good vibes to your friend ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

@alleykat--I am the same!! I swear my circadian clock is set to "night-owl" :tongue: . I actually was doing much better this summer and then about 3 weeks ago, I started getting to bed later and later. Now I'm also on the 3am-9am sleep pattern and school starts next week! :noway:

AFM--Got in my short run with the dog and now I am at starbucks enjoying some down time before meeting a friend at the farmers market.

So I really need to vent about something work-related (yes, we are not even back in session and there's ALREADY drama!). My assistant principal sent out an email to the entire school letting us know that there are now new procedures for showing an R-rated movie in class. In the past, we just sent permission slips home with the kids. Now, we have to submit that permission slip along with the curricular objectives and lesson plan to him and our dept. chair.

Honestly, I'm ok with that--I mean it shows a lack of trust toward the teachers, but that's nothing new. :ohwell: And I'm sure there are some teachers who aren't sending home permission slips or doing anything very constructive while showing said movies. However, those few teachers will now just switch to showing PG rated movies to avoid the extra work--this new procedure isn't going to make them better teachers (I wish school administraors would learn that implementing procedures doesn't make bad teachers good, it only bogs down good teachers in more paperwork).

The part I'm angry about is when I opend the attached form we will now need to submit, it said we also have to attach an alternate activity for those students whose parents object to their watching the movie. Now in all of the years I've been teaching, I've never had a parent refuse to let a child watch a movie in my classes, and I always collect the permission slips with several days to spare, just in case I do need to plan an alternate. I emailed the asst. principal and explained this to him and asked that we not be required to waste valuable time planning activities, that in all likelyhood, will never be used. He said he will discuss it with the dept. chairs, but I'm not holding out high hopes that they will change it. He framed his response in a way that makes it clear he still wants these alternate activities ahead of time--we'll see. I hate the admin. at my school! :mad: They just don't get that all of these little additions add up and take away from time I could be using to grade or work on lessons. If you got this far, thanks for listening to my rant. :smile:
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish: This is not health related, but some buyers looked at my house in Atlanta. They really liked it and my realtor thinks they may make an offer. I really need to sell. For the past 2 months, I've paid a mortgage in Atlanta and rent in Vegas. I'm getting ready to pay both (plus utilities, maintenance, etc. . .) again for September. I could be saving a LOT of money by not paying two properties. I'm just so thankful I have the means to pay both. Doors opened for this big career change so I know it will work out.
  • monarchris
    monarchris Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Morning all. I'm a lefty as well but I only write with my left hand, Everything else is right handed.

Wednesday wish - I could pull out of this funk I'm stuck in. Also that junk food had no calories so I could eat my way through this funk. :grumble:

Shouldn't complain. Scale is moving (even if I'm not)

I'm praying your spirits will lift and you will be back to feeling great!
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Lana- That is tough about your sister. I am surprised her doctor did not pick it up either. Hope all is going well for her.

Karen-that new school policy is crazy. I can understand the value of relating the moving to the standards and having activities planned but pre-planning an alternative activity is a little over the top. Do you need detailed plans for the alternative activity or just an outline of the activity. Outline- write a letter, essay or create a comic strip that depicts the material you want covered from the movie.

Catch up- Tuesday goals- to workout this week without getting sick. I think I am getting a sinus infection. I don't want to end my week getting sick.

Wish- Not to get a sinus infection and to complete my workout tonight without fainting. I am working out with my trainer but it will be an outside workout. I have already started the sinus meds to help out. Oh well, will get some sleep tonight and hopes that helps.

Have a great day everyone.
  • AuntieVaVa
    Options
    I missed yesterday, due to a hellish three days at work. Things won't be so bad tomorrow.

Tuesday - Goals: to be able to walk up and down stairs foot over foot (instead of having to put both feet on the step before moving to the other while holding the railing for dear life)

Wednesday - Wishes: I wish I had someone to clean my house every week. I don't mind cleaning but it takes up a majority of what little free time I do have on the weekend.
  • vinsonh42
    vinsonh42 Posts: 125
    Options
    @ Laurie- The only reason she was diagnosed when she was is because she had a bad cold and they thought it may have been pnuemonia so they did an x-ray of her chest and the technician was like "oh I see your daughter has scoliosis." My mom was like "Uh... no she doesn't" So the tech showed her and sure enough they referred her to another doc and she had an S curve which is the worst. She is doing much much better. She was in for surgery on wednesday and out that sunday! She is a trooper. Though we wish they would have put her in physical therapy afterwards but she is doing great. shes had a 40lb weight loss since january. She's always been pretty healthy so there wasn't many trips to the doctors. She is a fighter though! I love her to pieces and am so glad she is home.

~Lana
  • janak2004
    janak2004 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish:

I wish this weather would hold off long enough for me to get outside and walk, but it doesn't look like it is going to. :( I guess I'll just have to meet with Jillian tonight.

Had a good day today. Slept until 6am, which is LATE for me, but still made it to work on time and managed to have a great and productive day! :) I usually head straight to the gym after work, but I got out early today so I'm just taking a little rest time before I go. I'm going to be cooking dinner in a few, so I may just workout after that. :)

@Skinnyjeanz- I understand about the administration problems. We had that a few years ago before we got our new principal. We had so much paperwork, there was no time to actually teach. (And they wondered why our scores were so low...)

@Susan- I hope your house sells ASAP!

@Lana- There are a lot of gyms that will let you workout for free for a month using a "free trial". You should check that out and see if it would work for you. I know that when I didn't have a gym, I would do that and just rotate local gyms until I found one I liked and was affordable. I'm lucky that my apt has a gym I can use at no charge.
  • gigi_to_4
    gigi_to_4 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    bump
  • vidvox
    vidvox Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish #1 - that my migraine would go away so I can get outside and test out my new running shoes!

#2 - that my husby would get back to recording his food again. Any thoughts on gently but firmly encouraging your other half to be as interested in health and weight loss as you are??
  • Cia_Clayton
    Cia_Clayton Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My wish for today is that I had taken fitness and healthy habits to heart while I was younger. My metabolism isnt what it used to be. Gone are the days when I could drop relatively quickly, gone are the healthy lungs I used to have. Still, Ive come a long way :) So no complaints....Im finally getting it right
  • Mom2Cubs
    Mom2Cubs Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    @Lana - check out your local Y. They have all are supposed to have a sliding scale policy. If you can't afford the membership, they will reduce the rate so you can join. Also, yous said $5 a day. If you worked out 3x a week that would be $15 a week or $60 a month. Single membership at my Y in Fl was only $30 a month and $80 for the family. Some of them will also let you work there part-time for free or reduced price membership...It is worth a try.

I got a cortisone injection in my knee today. I am happy I can move around again. I thought I was going to have knee replacement surgery soon, but my dr said as long as the injections work I can put off the surgery. I can handle a shot every 3-4 months to avoid going under the knife again. I have a free 1 month gym membership and am going to start it tomorrow. I'm also starting low carb eating (reduced from my 99% current carb eating - at least it seems that way). I am excited about getting on track and loosing this weight.
  • nicholsvj
    nicholsvj Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Made it to the Y again tonight! It felt way better than Monday.

Just a little piece of wisdom that hit home today while talking to a patient about her knees. The force our knees feel with each step is 4x our total body weight. 4x! That's just nuts! The patient actually bent down and apologized to her knees. While the doctor could have beat her up about her weight, he just said, "think of it this way. Every time you loose 10lbs, you are taking 40lbs off of your knees. Just work that little bit at a time." So, for those of us that are going extremely slow right now, every pound makes us that much healthier!

Wed Wish: For produce to be cheaper and easier to keep fresh. Having just 1 person to shop/cook for makes it hard to get a weeks worth of produce.
  • Annie219
    Annie219 Posts: 110
    Options
    Just ran 25 minutes straight! Having not run at all last week, I'm feeling pretty terrific. :bigsmile: Watch out, 5k...I'm coming to get you!!
  • HeatheraRyan
    HeatheraRyan Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish: That it didn't hurt so much to start exercising. I did a 20min walk on my lunch and I was so tired, hot, sweaty, and my legs and feet hurt that I was like, "screw this!". I hope that I will be able to get up the motivation to do it again tomorrow.
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,
    My Wednesday wish is to be able to get a new laptop soon. I am grateful to have my cell and yet tire of using it. . I feel like I am always missing posts. I try to read them all.

My other wish to keep swimming. To be successful I am planning on joining the y.

Sorry I am not responding individual to each post. I have read the but its sort of hard on the phone for me
    Take care
    Liz
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    wednesday wish - the powerball please (or a piece of it)?
    a boost in the finances would be *very* welcome right now.
  • HeatheraRyan
    HeatheraRyan Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Good morning. I am right handed but left eyed. This makes me buy left handed bows, shotguns and rifles. I do bat right handed and play golf right handed, but I shoot pool left handed. To test which of your eyes is dominate go to this link, you have to copy and paste it into your address bar because I cannot make links that work unless they are on the MFP site. I think it is a limit of the BB code here.
    How To Determine Eye Dominance

http://www.wikihow.com/Determine-Eye-Dominance

My Wednesday wish is that MrsMorgori starts logging her food again and keeps up with getting healthy.

Joe that is a good top ten list, I like it!

Heh, apparently I am right handed and right eye dominant. But I detest math and logical thinking, I write and read and play D&D in my spare time :)
  • janak2004
    janak2004 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Thought this was fitting to share:

"It's impossible" said pride
    "It's risky" said experience
    "It's pointless" said reason
    "GIVE IT A TRY" whispered the heart

Sometimes when I think things are impossible, I just have to remember that it IS impossible if I don't atleast give it a try! :)

Happy Wednesday All!
  • tungsten93
    tungsten93 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish - that it doesn't take Apple too many days to transfer data from my old PC to my new iMac.
  • Believe1213
    Options
    OHHH I hope that Im still a member:sad: My computer got soaked with pop but out of five teenagers noone knows how it happened. It dried out for now and back on Im getting a new one tomorrow. There goes most of my pay LOL. TEENS got to love them!!!!:grumble: I have been gone for three days and so much has happened. So hard to keep up>

@robin I am goin for my rn bsn finally after putting it off for fifteen years.

I had a faturday day today I ate less than my calories but the worse kinds of food. I decided to eat with the kiddos wanted tonight. I havent did much exercise but run around the stores to go school shopping and cleaning . Im finally getting new carpet in two weeks NOw if I can keep the kids out of it with food and drinks,

MY wish is that I was cloned so i can get everything done and still have time for the things that I want to do .
    I basically have the same goals that I have had untill I complete them with no side tracks then I will move on.
    1. Exercise everyday
    2. Log in on here everyday just to check in , ( Everyone is so great on here)

Well Ill be back on in am before I head out to my meeting then Im goin walking before the kids get up. Then its home to clean and make phone calls.
    One thing im having problems with is We are having a bonfire this weekend and 1 I do not know what to make I want it healthy but I do not want to deprive my guests and the kids. 2. There will be alchol here and I kinda feel like having a drink or two but dont want to go over my calories does anyone know any low cal and low carb drinks that good? Or any good reciepes that are the same? id appreciate it.