NEED TO LOSE 100 LBS OR MORE !

Options
THIS THREAD STARTED IN AUG.7 2012.

WE ARE AN OPEN GROUP. YOU JOIN MERELY BY POSTING. WE RECOMMEND REGULAR VISITS AND THE FOLLOWING

THREAD GUIDELINES:

GOALS and IDEAS for daily posts (Not mandatory)

Monday - Check In (how are you doing? Had any successes or struggles this week-end?)

Tuesday - Goals (do you have any Goals you want to update us?)

Wednesday - Wishes (what do you wish? It can be weight related or not, can be realistic or not)

Thursday - Truth (got anything you need to fess up to or get off your chest?)

Friday - Fitness (what are you doing to get fit? How are you preparing for weekend eating?

Saturday - Success (what have you accomplished; focus on the positive of the week, NSV=non scale victories)

Sunday - Sharing (tell us a little about yourself!)

AUGUST CHALLENGE- choose for yourself:

1. One Nutrition Goal
2. One Exercise Goal

Robinsegg, Moderator

Replies

• RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the new thread! The keyword is phalarope. Glad you found the new thread. We're going to have a great time starting over! I'm so excited and re-energized to be doing this re-start up.
  • Bigaug
    Bigaug Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Wuhu! New thread! NEW THREAD!

Tuesday goals - 1finish truck repair. 2 find Ford driveline engineer and kick him squarely in the... 3 finish at least one big project this month (paint or gutters and downspouts) and 2 smaller ones (i.e. the yard sale sideboard needs to be finished so does the antique dresser). 4 keep going to the gym.

Note to self, Gilligan never gets off the island, Walter is still making meth, Jax is still in the gang, GET UP! GET OFF THE COUCH! GET MOVING! Self, that is all.

I think if I had been on the island with Gilligan, there would have only been 3 or four episodes. After he screwed up our rescue a few times I probably would have traded him to the head hunters for some fresh meat, and solved 2 problems with one human sacrifice.

aug
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    @AUG: Totally agree with the Gilligan thing. Although didn't he play a scarecrow in the wizard of Oz one time. No I'm sorry that's just what he looks like:laugh: . I still think the professor kept him around as a diversion to keep the Skipper occupied while he and Mary Anne went foraging for hours and mysteriously only came back with an arm full of fruit. The Professor was always a tricky man!
  • beachgirl613
    beachgirl613 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the well wishes everyone! We're really low key so it was just us and my daughter. We then had a picnic.

Tuesday goals - with working so much, my exercise has been slacking, but I did borrow TurboFire from a friend so we're going to start that when I get home in the evenings. My husband is as motivated as I am to lose the weight and get into better shape.
  • gigi_to_4
    gigi_to_4 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi I am relatively new here I am looking for some friends that will keep me motivated. I am 45 I will be 46 in November. I work at a youth and community center, I am a step mother to 2 grown children and have 4 beautiful grandchildren. I need to lose over 100 lbs so I need to do this so that I can live to see my grandchildren grow up. This looks like just the place that I can make some new friends and keep my motivation up.

My goals for this week is: Drink at least 6 glasses of water a day. (I am trying to build up to 10)
    Walk everyday for at least 20 minutes.
    Have a positive attitude that I will not fail this time.
  • sarahm1966
    Options
    Hello I am new to this site, I just found out I have diabetes and the Nutritionist showed me the website so far it is pretty neat - I need to loose a bunch of weight but more importantly I need to stay on a healthy plan :) i have a goal set already it is to do what the doctor says and to rediscover something I have not seen for years - MY FEET I know they are down there somewhere :)
  • JoyceMccormack1958
    JoyceMccormack1958 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 50kgs. I've been a MFP member for about a month, rather slow going at the moment.
    This month I want to
    - keep a closer eye on portion sizes
    - do some excersize.

I also have diabetes so improving my health is a major consideration. I have two teen age sons and I want to be around for a long time. I want to be in better shape than my mum was at my age.
    Alas I enjoy baking and it is hard to get worked up about low fat 'goodies'- which have often got higher %of sugar/glucose in them. So I am still trying to adjust to this new lifestyle, so trying to keep motivated and trying to slowly improve my health. I think a group like this could help. I also want to enjoy life.

Don't you get fed up with being the biggest person in the room?
  • CelticHippo
    CelticHippo Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Tuesday is goal update day, well as I have just returned to mfp and started using the forum I supposed I should set my goals for August...so:

Exercise: 5 x 30 minutes sessions each week
    Nutrition: At least one portion of fruit/veg with each meal

Lets see how I get on with these
  • SaniD
    SaniD Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Tuesday goals

Fitness: Keep with my current minimal time of intense walking until I can do it without too much struggle so that I can soon start increasing the amount of time of at regular intervals

Nutrition: Start keeping track of water intake and drink at least 8 glasses of pure water each day

@naceto: thanks for the book recommendation, I will check it out. It must be a sign of weakness, but I love self-help books, psychology books, etc. No wonder I'm so crazy!

@Christine: yes, I'm big on the twelve steps right now. Hope I didn't sound too preachy or whatever to everyone. It's just where I am right now. Just did a thorough workup of the first step yesterday

Have a good Tuesday everyone!

Darren
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Wow looks like there is many men in this group Aug, Doug, SaniD and me all early posters.:laugh: ( but we know better than that :wink: )
    Tuesday goals- I need to get a better grip on the Dash eating plan. I am going to do some exercise today even if it kills me.

Welcome all you that are getting healthier to the new thread s015.gif

Let's make this thread as good as the last or better s022.gif
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,094 Member
    Options
    Hey, found my way here! Yeah. Got a late start this morning. :ohwell:

Let me be the first to issue the water challenge on this thread. Tag, you're it. Drink a glass of water. Can we all drink 10 glasses today?? :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Goals remain the same (just as the song remains the same).

Lin
  • JayLee5005
    JayLee5005 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

@Aug I love that show...and yes, looks like Walter will keep on making meth. I finally just bought an ellipitcal machine and put it right in front of the TV...at least that way I don't feel quite so guilty keeping up with the latest drama in the drug world! ;-)

@gigi Welcome! I need water as a goal, too...that's one of the hardest things for me to keep up with.

@sarahm Welcome!

@Joyce I love to bake, too and have had some success with lower fat/lower sugar items. Also, last year my youngest son had to go on a completely gluten-dairy-soy-free diet...so there was a lot of creative cooking going on! I often think about your question - being the biggest person in the room - and feel an obvious sense of relief any time I'm NOT. As if that makes it OK somehow. It just makes me aware of how much mental/emotional energy is used up in the constant comparisons to others. (sigh)

@celtic I think I should have an exercise goal for the week, too...it's a crazy week and then we are going out of town, so I really need to get it in.

Tuesday goals: 1) water, water, water - I'm so bad at this! 2) exercise every day before we go out of town...Monday, check! Three to go.

OK...off to fill my water bottle. :)
  • CJK1959
    CJK1959 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone...I am new to this thread, but it sounds perfect for me as I have 100+ to lose and so much more to gain!

Tuesday goals: Up my water intake. I was doing really well, but fell off the wagon and am struggling to get it back up, so I am challenging myself to drink 10 cups of water a day starting today. I am at 4 currently.
    Goal #2 is to start walking again, at least 30 minutes, three times a week.

Have a terrific day!
  • terra32903
    terra32903 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    New here but not to MFP (6 months or so). Have lost 30 so far with another 60-70ish to go so this looks like a good place for me to find some motivation :-)

A fitness goal for the week....3 times at the gym
    A nutrition goal for the week....more water and less Coke Zero. I'm addicted to that stuff although I guess there are worst things!

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Terra
  • nana6380__Chris
    nana6380__Chris Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi, Just found this site...Love it..
    August challenge: I now walk 3 miles in 1 hour. I want to increase the walk by a half mile in August.
    Tuesday goal update day: More water of course, but I also have a problem of not getting enough protein.
  • ArtemisXXII
    Options
    I'm new to the group, but I've lurked around the old thread more than a few times. Anyway I'm younger than most it seems so far (only twenty-two), and trying to find a support system since the one I have offline seems to fall apart on a regular basis.

As for my goals this week, I want to be more active while meeting my minimum calorie intake. This is a big one for me since I was a lot more active than normal last week but wasn't meeting my minimums which in turn lead to a gain. It wasn't huge and I am slowly coming down and recovering back into losing. Lesson learned is all I can say about that. (I actually ate out of macros to make myself have something to burn off probably not a good way to look at it but if I want to burn off anything it's the ice cream sundae.)

My other goal is to finish the day with under 2500mg of Sodium consumed for the majority of the week. I did it yesterday so here's to being on a good start. I'm hoping I'll be able to continue.

Last goal is to wake up before 10am. Downside of summer and unemployed status is I see very little point in being awake prior to that which eats hours of daylight that I could be using for other things. I have two alarms set to try and get me up but so far I'm failing at it, but one day I'll get up between 7:15 and 7:45 and do a little dance.
  • jenniferinfla
    Options
    Hi Y'all...Posting from NOT so sunny Florida..I believe it might be time to start building a ARK..we have had so much rain....
    Goals...Goals..... I just can't seem to meet my daily caloric intake goal...after I excercise I am negative for the day and then have to make them up plus get me to 1770...I was told to back off excercising and concentrate on meeting the NET for day..but I am obsessed but then I am always at end of the day like 600 more needed to eat to meet NET..I am putting myself in starvation mode I know cause I have been at a stand still on weight loss for a month....I was only eating 1200 calories a day then exercising 500 off so way under 1200 daily. I "listened" and added more calories cause I was told 1200 is not enough for my height and weight right now....I did take 5 days off from exercising and ATE more and Holy COW I lost a few pounds again..BUT everyday is a struggle to eat enough.....I started excersing again yesterday and I came in 688 under what I needed to meet NET for day.....I just can't balance this out.... I need to eat atleast 500 calories each meal and don't even get that between lunch and breakfast....I am a HOT MESS...but not giving up
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Downside of summer and unemployed status is I see very little point in being awake prior to that which eats hours of daylight that I could be using for other things.

Welcome! The people here are amazingly supportive. I would try to change your perspective on this point. You have a MAJOR incentive to get up right now. Unemployment is the perfect time to take advantage of some of the free full body workouts on youtube. You have LOTS of free time to research nutrition online and to do serious body maintenance :)

Now that I'm doing it with a full time job I *REALLY* wish I had kicked myself into gear when I was unemployed last year. If I had, I would be at my goal now and just worrying about maintenance. :yawn:

Welcome all the new members :)

Tuesday goals - I MUST get my water intake up. I'm barely getting 5 glasses a day. Also to go strong on the exercise this week. Every morning yoga and 3 nights a week something really taxing. Gettirdone!
  • joerobbins2001
    Options
    I found it! :happy:

Doing good so far this week, goal is to stay the course...

Joe
  • LAMypie
    LAMypie Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I made it! I hate I've been gone so long from the original thread, but I"m still kicking butt! :wink:

Tuesday goals: Keep on keeping on with what I've been doing. It seems to be working, so not going to change it until I have to.

For those who haven't heard, (I'm proud of this, so bear with me!:wink:), I am out of the 300's, never to see them again!!!!!! It's about 2-3 weeks later than I had hoped, but it happened!!!

Aug Goals:

1. Find a way to eat healthier on the weekends. Who knows how much I could be losing if I get that in hand!!!
    2. By the end of the month have my intensity on my workouts up, and/or 40 mins instead of 30.