NEED TO LOSE 100 LBS OR MORE !

Options

Replies

• monarchris
    monarchris Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    So glad to see the new topic up!

Wow, so many posts already - I'm not going to try and catch up.

Tuesday goals~Well, I signed on for this 90-Challenge at my gym so longer term goal is for my trainer and I to win this thing! :smile: In the meantime, I am officially on vacation - leaving for Alaska early Thursday - so my shorter term goal is for me to stay the course and make the right food choices while vacationing. I plan to get exercise every day, so that should help. I saw my trainer as I was walking into the gym this afternoon, we talked briefly and he's worried about me gaining while gone - he's really good about looking out for my best interests and he knows how much I want to lose the rest of this weight, so I feel like I need to prove myself to him by working hard and being one of the few that can lose weight while on a cruise.

It can be done. I went on a 7 day cruise and came back 5 lbs lighter. I did lots of walking on the decks, avoided the buffets and was able to make wise choices on the dining room menu. You can do it!!!
  • JayLee5005
    JayLee5005 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Charlotte!!

@toots Ha!! That totally could have been us! (If we'd had other kids at the time, we would have let them name him for sure!) Funny!
  • leighanngates
    leighanngates Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Still fairly new to this. Sorry I missed yesterday. I was out of town with my hubby and son. I am very proud of myself. Even though we were eating out, I behaved! Woo Hoo!!! I guess that was my Monday check-in. As for Tuesday, Goals..... Well, long-term goal is to lose the 110 pounds I gained over the last 6 years. Short term food goal is to keep on tracking my food on here, and to stay under the calorie limits it set for me. My short term exercise goal is to keep swimming several times a week as long as weather permits.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Wow, the thread is on super-speed!!

@charlotte--HAPPY B-DAY!!! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:

@lin--so sorry to hear about your mother--hope she recovers quickly. :flowerforyou:

Welcome to the new folks!!

Well, my only goal for today was to go to the grocery and I failed! :grumble: Went out to dinner with friends (one of whom is moving to WY) and didn't end up getting home until 9pm. Was planning to stop at the store on the way home, but I was tired and needed to get some stuff done here at home before bed.

Sorry, not many personals tonight, but I need to get to bed soon. Have to get up early to go babysit for my niece. Very excited to spend the day with her, but it means I won't get back on here until tomorrow night. Have a great Wed. everyone!!
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    it's one of those tuesdays...
    Tuesday goal - NOT to oink out on pizza! (ok, blew that one) - actually, it tasted really good, but made me feel AWFUL. Didn't go over my numbers, because husband & I went for a long walk after dinner :happy: . Gotta love the FitBit!!

Great to find the renewed thread - thanks Robin!

Hey - has anyone heard from AndreaBeatty?

:drinker: Watertag! - it's 112 here today, with heat advisories all week, and a high polution warning today. Water is GOOD.
  • LAMypie
    LAMypie Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    @SweetPea27, @Skinny, @Inoso, @tungsten93 - Thanks for the kind words! I am so stinking happy about it! I don't even remember the last time I was below 300. I stopped getting on the scale around then, cause I didn't want to see it.

@sweetpea27 - you can do it! I know you can!

@vinsonh42 - As far as curing it, wash super good morning and night, following up with either a blow drier or fan to be sure to get extra dry, then some Gold Bond Medicated Powder. Should go away in a day or 2, if not, see a doctor. As for preventitive ... A cheaper alternative to the Body Glide, which I'm sure works wonders is the cheap Suave spray antipersperant you can get at walmart. I use the Vagisil body powder religiously. I don't feel right if I don't use it after my showers. I only recently started the antipersperant, and had my doubts, but it's great. I only use it when I know I'm going to be moving a lot though.

@Charlotte - Happy Birthday!

@shygur - you have some awesome coworkers! That's so sweet!

@Bella - My prayers will be with you and your mother. Hope all goes well, and she has a quick recovery!

@Toots - My sister named me because my parents couldn't decide on a name either. Although she was 13 when I was born, hehe.

Have a lovely night everyone! I did almost an hr at the gym between eliptical, bike, weight machines and the pool. Pretty good day! ;)
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Vicki - I haven't seen Andrea in a while - if anyone on here is friends with her could they drop her a P.M. with the Password to this thread? And please do the same with any other members (oldies) you think might not have gotten the message.

I've dropped notes to Shrinkrapt, KarenLeona, and AngelikaLumiere. in the friends chat section of my home page. I hope they read their messages.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @lin--so sorry to hear about your mother--hope she recovers quickly. :flowerforyou:

Sorry--this was supposed to be to Bella, not Lin.

(Hi, Lin)
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    ok, i am totally confused.....i thought this was going to be a closed group......not that it matters at all to me....just trying to get my brain to work properly
  • Hyzaarc
    Hyzaarc Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Goals for the next few (days/weeks/months; Not so sure yet)
    -Be more supportive. Mostof my logging and such I do from my windows phone, which doesn't sponsor/support forums and updates.
    -Get down to 210 by the time my trip is (Sept.7th)
    -Stop being a total wuss when it comes to eating fruits other than melon and apples.
    -actually be able to do a 5k with out walking or being winded.
  • ebbyzone
    ebbyzone Posts: 17
    Options
    Goals for this week:

To get back on track with my Zumba workouts now that my health is improving (those DVDs are getting kind of dusty)
    To make a more filling breakfast and try to get my eating routine back in shape
    To get more rest (as it's hard to do the working out without any sleep! lol)

I'm totally new to this, but I love that this thread exists. It gives me something to focus on now each day of the week. :)
  • alucido
    alucido Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Been MIA this weekend with birthday parties and my companies move.

Monday- Unfourtunately the scale was not my friend this week. I gained 2 lbs back. But am working on losing it again this week. I had 2 birthday parties and by the end of the weekend i actually felt sick from all the food I ate. Which was not even close to what i use to eat!

Tuesday- My goal this week is to lose the weight i gained this weekend plus lose another 5 by next Wednesday (8/15). I had a goal to lose 15-20 lbs from 7/15-8/15 (the last time I visited my boyfriend at basic). I only have 8.4 lbs to go to reach the 20 lbs lost, but (here comes my wednesday wish) I hope i can make the 8 lbs by wednesday if I really push myself and not cheat. Though it is a bit unrealistic. I hope I can atleast hit the 15 lb goal.
  • ShrinkRapt451
    ShrinkRapt451 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    @ Charlotte: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Sounds like you had an amazing day!
    I am pretty upset right now. I am not going to be able to work out for the next couple days because I have a really bad case of chaffing and instead of it getting better it's just gotten worse since last night. I must say that I am quite miserable. I put cornstarch on it but that's not helping much. If it is this bad tomorrow I am not coming into work because it hurts climbing into the car and out of bed. Anyone have any tips to help this go away faster?? I sure hope so...

Two options, both of which work, but depends on how bad it is.

1. Good bike shorts (or some variant thereof) when you work out. Something that has sturdy fabric on the thighs. Prevents further issues.

2. For healing what you've got now: the wonderful people at 3M now sell their product Tegaderm over the counter. It is the best thing EVER. Clear, breathable membrane that you just apply to clean skin and leave there for several days. Stays on through a shower. And allows your skin to heal without further chafing. I've had to resort to it a few times in similar circumstances (including along that underwear line), and it's just amazing stuff.
    So I just found this website today... YAY!! I need to lose 90-100 lbs. I am giving myself 1 year. I am about to be 30 years old and by my 31st bday I want to be smokin' hot LOL... wish me luck!! tongue

If any of you could give me one tip that would help me what would that be?

My best advice: don't eat too few calories. It's a trial and error thing, but you want to eat enough to fuel your body and not so much that you don't lose. You're looking for a pretty aggressive weight loss timeline. It's doable but don't beat yourself up if you don't manage it, and don't create routines for yourself that you can't continue with for the rest of your life, even when your life gets out of control. (Example: 2 hours of exercise daily will not be possible when life throws you a few curveballs at once.)

@ Robin: I appreciate (and got) the message. Of course, like I said, I can usually find this thread on page 1 of the Motivation and Support forum anyway, so I just did it that way. Just glad I made it in on the first day!

Anybody chat with datenshi? Haven't seen her around in a while, either.

I can let Lauren know where we are, if she hasn't found us.

So my Tuesday goals: to not let myself get this ridiculously stressed/tight again. It's been 5 weeks from my last massage to the one I had tonight, and MAN, was I in desperate need. I feel loads better now that she spent an hour on my back, shoulders, and neck. My boss commented today that I was snarkier than usual (and that's saying something), which is my predictable response to being stressed. Gave me the cue that it's time to focus a little more on prioritizing, letting some things slide for now, and taking good care of myself.

Speaking of which, it's after 11 PM where I am. G'night, all!
  • lady_song1
    Options
    I just started today. I need to lose about 100 lbs, but my problem is when I get stressed I don't eat; I have no appitite at all. Like today, or since it's after midnight, yesterday for instance, I had one meal, supper. I had a Slim Fast for breakfast, but other than a banana, my only food intake was for supper. My adult daughter lives with me while going to college and though I love her very much, she sometimes stresses me out so bad, I have no appitite at all.

Any thoughts?
  • ravenlaramie
    ravenlaramie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I actually had to think about this for a bit. I really am not sure what to wish for! I guess more energy would be a good one... but otherwise thanks to everyone here I'm finding it easy to control my cravings and stay on track with my exercise.

Come to think of it, I kinda wish my dad would join this though... :/
  • ravenlaramie
    ravenlaramie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I just started today. I need to lose about 100 lbs, but my problem is when I get stressed I don't eat; I have no appitite at all. Like today, or since it's after midnight, yesterday for instance, I had one meal, supper. I had a Slim Fast for breakfast, but other than a banana, my only food intake was for supper. My adult daughter lives with me while going to college and though I love her very much, she sometimes stresses me out so bad, I have no appitite at all.

Any thoughts?

I know how you feel. When I first joined here, I ate one meal a day as well. It's hard at first but sometimes I had to force myself to eat more. I talked my parents into buying some almonds (I really LOVE them) to help me out and I slowly built up to take in more calories. I went from one meal to two, to three...

Also another thing you might try is breaking meals down into smaller meals more often... it might seem like you're eating a lot at first but when you look at the calorie intake it might help out.

Once you start taking in more during the day, your metabolism will pick up and you'll get hungry more often.

Other than that, my suggestion is track EVERYTHING... that way you can go back and look at the diaries to see how you might improve.
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    ok, i am totally confused.....i thought this was going to be a closed group......not that it matters at all to me....just trying to get my brain to work properly

Yes, you might have been still suffering the effects of the pain/anesthetics while the discussions rolled on. Truthfully, I had NO IDEA this (!) would happen, but the influx is the result of starting a brand new thread - it got featured on the SideBar of people's homepage. While I welcome and embrace each newling (yes, you :flowerforyou: )

I am determined to wrest this Forum into some kind of slower pace. 5 pages for a Monday is too much for this moderator to handle, because I read each and every post, as I'm sure most everyone tries to do too. I try to respond when I have the knowledge, ability, or empathy to share, yet I struggle in having to skip over some so as to keep my responses short and readable.

I will be inclusive of all who have joined or do join in these 20 pages, but I am seriously with you on closing this thread for those of us already members.
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    Charlotte - a really late HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!! :love: :love: :love:
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    [/quote]
    @ Robin: I appreciate (and got) the message. Of course, like I said, I can usually find this thread on page 1 of the Motivation and Support forum anyway, so I just did it that way. Just glad I made it in on the first day!

So my Tuesday goals: to not let myself get this ridiculously stressed/tight again. It's been 5 weeks from my last massage to the one I had tonight, and MAN, was I in desperate need. I feel loads better now that she spent an hour on my back, shoulders, and neck. My boss commented today that I was snarkier than usual (and that's saying something), which is my predictable response to being stressed. Gave me the cue that it's time to focus a little more on prioritizing, letting some things slide for now, and taking good care of myself.

[/quote]

Shrinkrapt:
    AHA! Did you know an easier way to find this thread is click on your tab called COMMUNITY on the top right of any of your pages, then click on My Topics in the middle of the page and a list of the forums you have visited will pop up. Click on this forum name and it will bring you right here.
    So sorry to hear you turned into one giant tense muscle, but the hours your work are killer and it just makes sense its gonna happen after the tremendous shift you pulled. I think anyone would get snarky. Do you ever do wall stretches - where you put your hind end against a wall, feet about hips width apart, and about a foot to 18" away from the wall, then drop your head and shoulders slowly down and slump forward. Just relax forward curving your back gently down. Don't force it.
    Listen to me - I sound like a yoga instructor. :laugh:
  • allyjoy83
    allyjoy83 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    It's somewhere around twilight between Tuesday and Wednesday, so I'll do both.

Goal: I've been battling a cold these last couple of days which has killed my motivation for P90x ... goal is to do my workout regardless of the runny nose. Got my walk in today, so not as far behind as I could be, but still behind.

Wish: to hit my 20lb mark before my bday at the end of the month.

@ the person chaffing (don't remember your sn) - (1) since it's along the underwear line, no undies @ night goes a long way. (2) Lanacane anti-chaffing gel works wonders; I use it for certain bras and it's clutch