NEED TO LOSE 100 LBS OR MORE !

Options

Replies

• skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @mormonmomma--I was at my 5k last thursday and forgot my Body Glide. Then I realized I had my stick deoderant in my gym bag, so I used it instead. It worked pretty good!

@jtcon--that's a wonderful plan--even a short walk a few times a week will work wonders to help you build strength and cardio endurance.

@rebecca--awesome NSV's. I love the gym machine one b/c I can totally relate--on the tricep machine the hand-holds used to slightly graze my hips. I remember the 1st time I used it and it slid right past!! :drinker: Oh, and I think it's fabulous that your co-workers are so supportive of you--what a wonderful gesture!

@taratruex--glad to hear The Color Run was fun--I'm going to try to do that one in Chicago next year. I also want to do a Warrior Dash or maybe Hero Rush next summer--they look so hard, but fun!

@falcon--I love that plan to avoid buying a new coat, and that goal sounds totally doable! I also hate spending money on clothes, though it's much easier now that I'm doing it b/c my clothes are too BIG. I've actually been spending a lot of time at Good Will this summer b/c I don't want to spend a bunch of money on clothes that I'm determined will be falling off of me by next summer.

AFM--I haven't met my goal yet. Going to meet some friends for dinner b/c one of them is moving to Wyoming next week. On my way home, I will stop at the store and stock up on some protein. My husband is off today and is smoking some country pork ribs. They are delicious and a good source of protein, but also pretty high in fat. I was very happy when he told me he will be smoking and grilling a batch of chicken legs at the same time. I'm not the biggest fan of dark meat, but at least I don't have to rely on those ribs alone for the next few days.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    @Vinson - there is a product called Glide or something like that sold in Sporting Goods stores - give them a call - its really great! Great when you're even just not wearing panty hose and stuff.

@PattyNava - you're right - the men were here lickety split! You made me LOL with your comment! :wink:

@Raven - I like to draw too - I'm no good but its fun. A friend just suggested over coffee today to start a "doodle diary" to do a doodle a day of something I did, each day for a year. She did it and had a blast looking back through it. Sounds like fun.

@KarenDixon - you'll do just fine in this group - try to at least read and post once a day. The thread most very fast so sometimes you have to read to develop friendships here. The Sunday share is always nice.

@Heather - you give darn good advice girlfriend - glad you're with us!

@Toots - way too funny on the Gillian story - I'm afraid I've been pronouncing that name with a hard G with I read it! :blushing:

@Skinny - glad you got your run in - even though it wasn't your best. It reminds us all how efficient our bodies are when it has the RIGHT fuels. Just a suggestion - do you like tuna? I always seem to have extra tuna on hand when I run out of other protein sources........because I feel like this about tuna: :yawn:

@Taratruex - Glad you found the new thread - I was worried about you, believe it or not!! The Warrior Race sounds fantastic and I'm glad you're going for it. Congrats on being a lb. away from your halfway mark. You are really someone I look up to!

@Shygurl - say you had WAY TO MANY non scale victories for one person this week - there should be some kind of award! I think the people you work with are awfully nice to give you an orchid. I'd give you one too - if I could, so here::flowerforyou:

@jtconst - you did a fine job posting! Welcome!

@ All Newbies - welcome to you! Hope you enjoy this thread. Lots of us are oldies from a discontinued thread and already know each other (as you can see by the number of posts under our names). We encourage you to come daily and read and get to know each other and post away. You can post anything you want, ask any question you want, and the oldies will help you out.

Robin, Moderator
  • drclbishop
    drclbishop Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So I just found this website today... YAY!! I need to lose 90-100 lbs. I am giving myself 1 year. I am about to be 30 years old and by my 31st bday I want to be smokin' hot LOL... wish me luck!! :tongue:

If any of you could give me one tip that would help me what would that be?
  • gladpants
    Options
    i have exactly 100 lbs to lose and the trip has started. Lets see today is Tuesday soooo Goals. Well, I have always wanted to participate in a 5k... i know same ole same ole. But I feel that will get me one step closer to playing competitive baseball again. Hopefully by next spring I will have lost enough weight to get back on the diamond and make the over 25 league!
  • coffeemommaof4
    coffeemommaof4 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    New to group....not to needing to lose weight :-)

Goal: rediscover water....I had forgotten that it exsisted in it's purest form....that is, without caffeine in it. I am a coffee addict.....I am going to try to replace my second morning cup with water.

Cheers!
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Goal::: Well my goal is to be totally focused and not lose track of my new lifestyle. Over a year into it and you think I'd be a pro at it lol not true! But I'm working on it! Yesterday was a good day and today has been so far. Can't wait to go to Zumba tonight and sweat my *kitten* off! Literally!

Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone!
    Tina
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    bump will check in later with goals and comments.
  • nicholsvj
    nicholsvj Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    so I guess I should have read the end of the last thread before posting there :) Oh well, I found y'all which is all that matters!

@Skinnyjeanz: You need to check out men's water polo then ;) And I think I will sign up for that 5K. I really want to do it, and I think it will be a good motivation to get to training instead of having a the mind set of "pick a 5k after you complete the training program."

So today I helped do a total knee replacement. Talk about a great motivator to get these 100lbs off!
  • HeatheraRyan
    HeatheraRyan Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone I really appreciate it. I've NEVER chaffed like this before and haven't since I stopped wearing jeans. I've only been able to wear leggings for the past almost 2 yrs. I used to use the deodorant trick in High school when I was in color guard. I know I can't wear latex gloves as it makes my hands flare up but I've never had a problem with it otherwise. The main problem is that it is right along my underwear line which makes it even more painful than where i typically chaff.

Yep, that's the latex in the elastic. Try getting elastic free underwear (Deb's, Lane Bryant, and JC Pennies are a couple places I have found them at ;D).
  • vinsonh42
    vinsonh42 Posts: 125
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone I really appreciate it. I've NEVER chaffed like this before and haven't since I stopped wearing jeans. I've only been able to wear leggings for the past almost 2 yrs. I used to use the deodorant trick in High school when I was in color guard. I know I can't wear latex gloves as it makes my hands flare up but I've never had a problem with it otherwise. The main problem is that it is right along my underwear line which makes it even more painful than where i typically chaff.

Yep, that's the latex in the elastic. Try getting elastic free underwear (Deb's, Lane Bryant, and JC Pennies are a couple places I have found them at ;D).

I love LB and I am really in need of new underwear as it is. I guess this weekend I shall go underwear shopping. Thanks for the tip. I didn't know LB had latex free underwear.
  • HeatheraRyan
    Options
    @ Everyone: You guys are great and very supportive. I think this was what I was missing the first few times I tried to get healthy. I even have empirical evidence. When I was living with my folks, my mom and I decided to diet and work out together. We did great for 3 solid months. Then she threw her back out and quit and went right back to her old lifestyle. I hung on for another 3 months but slowly started reverting back, because I lacked support. So now that I am doing it again, I am seeking like minded people instead of spur of the moment types. It's awesome!
  • JayLee5005
    JayLee5005 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    @shiny I used to tell myself, "just put on the clothes and tennis shoes, that's enough for now." Some days I never would actually go for a walk or make it to the gym, but most of the time it was enough of a baby step to get in some kind of movement. The psychological tricks of turning exercise from chore to treat...it's a journey!

@toots The story about Gillian is too funny! The things people think/say about kids' names. One of my boys' name is Lincoln and when he was born one of my friends said, "Oh, like the car?" And I said, "No, like the President." (He was born on President's Day after all.) And, as if that wasn't enough...this same friend, upon the arrival of my next son, said, "Oh, Whitman, like the chocolates!!" Again..."No, like the poet." I love her anyway. :)

@aloha I hope you'll keep up posted on the technology fast...I really want to do that and haven't yet figured out the best way to make it sustainable. We have gone months and months at times without any television...but never all technology. I know a woman who does it every single Sunday...from sundown on Saturday to sundown on Sunday and she swears it has changed her life. I'm so interested in how it goes for you... hoping for more inspiration!

OK...speaking of technology fasts, I should get some work done....and go get some more water.
  • christine5791
    christine5791 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! :smile:

I am basically brand new to this site and I love it! I started at a scale shattering 300 pounds 3 weeks ago, and am now down to 285...with a goal of 140-150. I have always been a larger build and very strong for a woman. Basically I realize I will never be model thin. :smile: I look forward to joining you all in this journey ! :smile:

Sooo, since this is Tues and according to the post we should put a nutrition goal and a fitness goal.... Well, I want to eat my fruit and veg minimums everyday. This has been a challenge since I barely ate fruits and veggies my whole life. Sooo, every week or two I try to introduce to my yastebuds something new. Fitness wise: I have a very active job but outside of it....nadda....I am hoping to be able to do at least 30 mins of exercise at least 3 times a week, and increase to 5 times a week. Another goal today is that I have a final exam tomorrow and I plan on rockin' it's socks off! :o)

Good luck everyone! We're all in this together!
    *cheers*
  • HeatheraRyan
    Options
    Ok so I need some advice, my blender burned out on me today, and I use it daily to make my breakfast smoothies since I don't have time to cook before work. Anyone have a suggestion on a good, hardy, but inexpensive (Less than $150) blender?
  • ravenlaramie
    ravenlaramie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    @Raven - I like to draw too - I'm no good but its fun. A friend just suggested over coffee today to start a "doodle diary" to do a doodle a day of something I did, each day for a year. She did it and had a blast looking back through it. Sounds like fun.

I'd never thought about doing something like that. :O I just draw random stuff. I've drawn everything from the cover of a Blue Oyster Cult album to cartoons lol. I think I might try that as well. It sounds like a blast.

Also, I bet your pictures are good. :) Art is in the heart of the artist. But I know how it goes. We're our own worst critics lol.
  • janak2004
    janak2004 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Goals:

Nutrition Goals: Stay under my calories daily and drink plenty of water to keep hydrated.

Fitness Goals: Continue my C25K training and working out daily.

Professional Goals: Stay patient even when I am at my wits end, relax, laugh, and make each student feel that they are the most important student in my class.

Hope everyone has a great week and to all you teachers...good luck! My first day is tomorrow! :)
  • GenesisandEden
    GenesisandEden Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Tuesday goals:

I'm going to add light weights 2 or 3 times a week.
    To keep my weigh-ins every 30 days and not peek =)
    May start a Health Group at church? (praying about it)
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I just bought a ninja blender for 79 dollars at walmart for making my green smoothies and it works great at blending every fruit and veg I have put into it so far. My daughter hates pulp so I strained hers and there was almost none in there.
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Ok so I need some advice, my blender burned out on me today, and I use it daily to make my breakfast smoothies since I don't have time to cook before work. Anyone have a suggestion on a good, hardy, but inexpensive (Less than $150) blender?

I just bought a ninja blender for 79 dollars at walmart for making my green smoothies and it works great at blending every fruit and veg I have put into it so far. My daughter hates pulp so I strained hers and there was almost none in there.
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    So I take it you didn't just get back from a 3 hour tour?

or she was conceived on one? :laugh:
    @toots--that's too funny about your daughter! :laugh: I also hated the logical fallacies of that show when I was a kid--it was just too dumb to be funny (not for my dad though).

that's how i felt about it too. just too dumb.
    @Toots - way too funny on the Gillian story - I'm afraid I've been pronouncing that name with a hard G with I read it! :blushing:

oh it's okay, that's what everyone does. only a handful of people have ever pronounced it correctly.
    @toots The story about Gillian is too funny! The things people think/say about kids' names. One of my boys' name is Lincoln and when he was born one of my friends said, "Oh, like the car?" And I said, "No, like the President." (He was born on President's Day after all.) And, as if that wasn't enough...this same friend, upon the arrival of my next son, said, "Oh, Whitman, like the chocolates!!" Again..."No, like the poet." I love her anyway. :)

So what day was he born? My son's birthday is February 24. That's funny. some people have trouble focusing on the important things in life. like cars and candy ;)