Replies

• ATclassof2021
    ATclassof2021 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    around 25 or less
  • Martha_VH
    Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    My first 5k was 36:06. My second one I just completed a couple of weekends ago. My time was 31:02! I was surprised because I didn't think I was that fast.
  • Martha_VH
    Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I also agree with the have fun part! All of the other runners out there are really motivating.
  • tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I did 26:55 on a trail 5K, which was my first trail race, and 26:07 for the last 5K of an 8K after going out way too fast and doing 13:41 for the first 3K.
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Mines about 32 mins, at a rocket-like pace for me!
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    For my first back in April, I ran it in 31 mins. My last one about a month ago was 28:03. I really want to get 26 by Oct.

Don't try to beat anyone but yourself. My goal every 5k is to beat my last time :)
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    My personal best is 25:50.
  • NobodyInParticular
    NobodyInParticular Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Never ran one officially but ran 3.1 miles for the first time last week in 30 minutes flat. Hoping to get under 30 next time.
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    PR is 19:49 (6:22 pace), but I almost never race them any more.

My least favorite distance to race. A well raced 5k is wall to wall pain and there is almost no margin for error. Longer distances leave room for bad splits here and there.

Well! I'm glad it's not just me. I tend to enjoy the whole experience, but I'm pretty miserable while I'm running.

You should be if you're out there to compete. The goal of a 5k should be to puke or pass out at the finish line.
  • louiseshaw88
    louiseshaw88 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys,

Mines about 32 mins - anyone in the UK who enjoys this distance or wants to improve their fitness level i strongly suggest you find your nearest parkrun !! its a times 5k run (not a race!) every saturday at 9am throughtout the country its 100% FREE & run by volunteers ! it is for all age and ability (yes ALL abilty !!! even if you want to walk the whole 5k thats okay!!) theres no feeling that its a race and that its against other people because you only race yourself ! you get an email after the event with your time and then you improve from there its brillaint to see your time come down ! you can go on the website and see your progress !! its really helped me with my running and fitness and ive met some great friends too the community feeling is a lovely thing in this day and age !! x
  • gshoemaker06
    gshoemaker06 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    My first was around 24 minutes (with a bottleneck start line). So realistically probably 22/23. I did it with my mother who was about 46 at the time and she finished it around 40 minutes.
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    avg 23 - 25 min
  • theresmynapkin
    theresmynapkin Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    My first 5K was 5/24/2012, and was 27:22, but keep in mind I had been running for almost a year already. My most recent was 7/28/12 and was 26:29.
  • spotdog14
    Options
    I usually run about 25 minutes, my best this year was 22. My goal is sub 20.
  • jellebeandesigns
    jellebeandesigns Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    34 right now and that's just a fun morning run, first race this fall hoping to hit 29:xx
  • RunnerBlonde808
    RunnerBlonde808 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    My best race 5k time is 25:34. But I've done it faster than that when I did my own runs,,,,24:12.

I'm not the fastest runner though.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    My best is 20:56, my latest one was a little over 21. I don't race very often, 5K's are not fun.
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    When it is below 100 degrees I run between 30 and 32 mins. Any hotter or throw in humidity and jumps it up to 35 and 37.
    I am just getting back into running after a 15 year hiatus. In my younger days I did around 22-24.

I can't wait for cooler weather to see how much my time improves.
  • lt3ag4s
    lt3ag4s Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I need to participate in a race. I am doing 31 mins in training.
  • gsurface28
    Options
    My goal is to participate in one soon.. I would be thrilled if I could finish in 45 mins! I will be one of those who has to walk about 1/2 of it - because my knee only lasts about 1.5 miles of jogging. Best of luck to you!!