Cleanse

Options
what does everyone think about a cleanse. I have heard that it is good to boost your weight loss but really dont know about it. i have thought about doing it but am trying to find out more about it and what is the best type to do.

Replies

• sexyred57
    Options
    i cant remember the name of it but gotta good recipe for a cleanse drink you do before each meal. ive heard good things and really im gonna try it after my next visit to the grocery store. i can keep you informed! but i think its always a good thing to cleanse yourself periodically.
  • Jynus
    Jynus Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    what does everyone think about a cleanse. I have heard that it is good to boost your weight loss but really dont know about it. i have thought about doing it but am trying to find out more about it and what is the best type to do.
    it will do nothing to boost weight loss. and there is no such thing as a best type as they are all equally useless.
  • ipag
    ipag Posts: 137
    Options
    it will do nothing to boost weight loss. and there is no such thing as a best type as they are all equally useless.
  • fitQueenbeast
    Options

Im VERY curious. How are they ALL useless? I use the Dr Natura all-natural cleanse and its worked wonders for my body. Do explain your reasoning....based on fact and not opinion please. Thanks

Erica
  • chicadejmu
    chicadejmu Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    What kind of good benefits have you seen from Dr Natura all-natural cleanse?
  • fitQueenbeast
    Options
    Its a complete natural cleansing of the entire intestinal tracts in a natural and healthy way. It removes a lot of unhealthy toxins and replaces the body with the right nutrients. It also stimulates regularity in a timed manner. Meaning you can drink the special tea at night and be ready to hit the toilet in the morning before starting your day. Most others are unpredictable and have you glued to the toilet. And it is a GREAT source of fiber. This particular fiber is soluble, which means it literally clings to the fatty acids and waste and help move it through your system and out.

Google it and read up on it and how it stacks against the other cleansers.
  • DfantaBeneFIT
    Options
    I honestly think fasting cleanses aren't a good idea but I do see benefit of using fiber supplement and digestive enzyme. Couple that with copious amounts of water daily and that is your cleanse right there! I always add something to my water to balance the PH as well (cucumber, lemon/lime etc). Most OTC cleanses are gimmicky.
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    There are no unhealthy toxins sitting in your body that require you to ingest some product to get rid of them. Your body has a cleansing system called the liver and kidneys and whatever isn't digested is moved out of your body, normally within 36-72 hours. Some people find that adding fiber to their diet (especially if they follow a low carb diet) will help their digestion but the same thing can be achieved with fruits and vegetables and make sure you are drinking plenty of water. If you are constipated, drinking a little lemon juice and water can assist as does exercise.
  • DfantaBeneFIT
    Options
    You really should just let your body do what it does naturally. You body eliminates toxins through sweat and waste. Accelerating the process really isn't beneficial.
  • DfantaBeneFIT
    Options
    amen.
    There are no unhealthy toxins sitting in your body that require you to ingest some product to get rid of them. Your body has a cleansing system called the liver and kidneys and whatever isn't digested is moved out of your body, normally within 36-72 hours. Some people find that adding fiber to their diet (especially if they follow a low carb diet) will help their digestion but the same thing can be achieved with fruits and vegetables and make sure you are drinking plenty of water. If you are constipated, drinking a little lemon juice and water can assist as does exercise.
  • dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    BluePrint Cleanse is one of the cleanses that you read a lot about. Their fresh juices are available at a lot of WholeFoods. Check out their website!
  • LaNena01
    LaNena01 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

^^this
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    water lots of it :drinker: but if you want to do one thats OTC its not recomended that it last more than 3 days
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Eat right, Work Hard. Period.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    You can search this topic in the forums.
    Don't waste your money.
  • lovinmomnwife
    Options
    Thanks everyone. You always hear about cleansing for weight lost. I kno lemon and water helps u in someway and tstes good. Lol
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    It will cleanse your wallet of the green stuff. That's about it. The best cleans comes daily through your liver and kidneys.
  • Maintain4Life
    Options
    There are a lot of benefits to fasting. I think that in this country we associate them with a cleanse. Before you do a fast, you should look into it. Fasting isn't a weight loss approach, and shouldn't be considered as such.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-19112549
  • Pinkysing26
    Options
    Cleanses aren't good for you. Most cleanse diets don't give you enough calories per day. So you'll likely go into starvation mode and start losing muscle, not fat. And since muscle is key to burning fat, cleanse diets are bad.