Where are my 5-ft friends?!

Options

Replies

• WordNerdChris
    Options
    I've noticed a few good points other people have made. I do have to say that I'm enjoying my workouts more, because I'm getting better, stronger and faster. I've discovered I enjoy doing weights and sprinting, which fits my body shape. I totally agree with finding what's right for you. And thanks for starting this discussion thread! I'm tired of being told I'm "tiny." I'm not tiny, I'm just short! :-)
  • SaraSillyRainbow
    Options
    Wow :drinker: how did u lose so much? i really hate seeing my weight it depresses me. Im not lazy i walk alot, but im realising i dont eat enough im always left with 600kcal left to fill in my RDA. Any tips for me?:happy:

Are you talking to me?

I lift weights and do cardio (60 minutes) 4-5 times a week.
    On my rest days I do yoga or some light jogging or long walks.

As for my eating habits, I've been eating Paleo for about a year now. I don't eat dairy (with the exception of greek yogurt) or grains (rice, bread, oatmeal). I honestly don't miss it. I do have cheat meals once or twice a month where I'll have French Toast for breakfast, or a slice of pie, a pizza, a gyro.

Basically what I eat is:
    Morning- Eggs and bacon
    Lunch- (usually not hungry)
    Dinner- Some type of meat or fish or chicken with veggies.

I limit my fruit intake to 1-2 servings a day since fatloss is my goal.

I have a group on FB with healthy recipes I use myself that have ingredients you can find at your local grocers.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/109337555846319/

:-) Good luck!
  • squigglypuff
    squigglypuff Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    i'm 4'11 and currently about 120lbs (highest - about 150lbs or a juniors size 11). i am trying to get to 105-110lbs, but mostly i want to be able to fit back into a size 4 bridesmaid dress that fit fine when i bought it in april (when i was 113lbs). the wedding is in october so i hope i can squeeze back in by then! i see a lot of people my height striving to be under 100lbs but i don't think that's realistic for me. about 10 years ago i weighed 97lbs but i also was on the track team and ran a lot every day. even at 97 lbs i still had huge boobs and thighs. right now i'm wearing juniors size 5 (sometimes 3) or misses size 6 (sometimes 4) but usually a medium or large shirt because i'm 32F in the chest.
  • small_ninja
    small_ninja Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Heya, I'm 5'0". I'm currently down to 122, aiming to be about 115 :)
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    plenty of short people on here.
    even a group or two.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Wow :drinker: how did u lose so much? i really hate seeing my weight it depresses me. Im not lazy i walk alot, but im realising i dont eat enough im always left with 600kcal left to fill in my RDA. Any tips for me?:happy:

Are you talking to me?

I lift weights and do cardio (60 minutes) 4-5 times a week.
    On my rest days I do yoga or some light jogging or long walks.

As for my eating habits, I've been eating Paleo for about a year now. I don't eat dairy (with the exception of greek yogurt) or grains (rice, bread, oatmeal). I honestly don't miss it. I do have cheat meals once or twice a month where I'll have French Toast for breakfast, or a slice of pie, a pizza, a gyro.

Basically what I eat is:
    Morning- Eggs and bacon
    Lunch- (usually not hungry)
    Dinner- Some type of meat or fish or chicken with veggies.

I limit my fruit intake to 1-2 servings a day since fatloss is my goal.

I have a group on FB with healthy recipes I use myself that have ingredients you can find at your local grocers.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/109337555846319/

:-) Good luck!

sounds like very few calories unless you're eating 6-8 eggs w/ 6-8 slices of bacon. 8oz fish/meat and veggies cooked in olive oil.
  • Suerhv
    Suerhv Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"2 and a little older...After 2 kiddies I'll be happy getting back to 120 and being able to keep it off (I'm up to 141 right now, I was down to 136 in the fall and I get back ten pounds (down 5 of them)...Even at 120 I was an 8 (or 10) on the bottom, I am bigger down there, so maybe I should go lower but I just can't imagine it at this point...
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 0"

HW: 167
    CW: 138
    GW: 115
  • stalyn151
    stalyn151 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    That's for all of the input guys!! Yea everyone's bodies are definitely different. I have a medium sized frame, I guess? I'm big chested, and that always made me feel fatter even when I wasn't! I am just going to keep doing what I'm doing, which is logging EVERYTHING i put into my body, working on portion control, and slowly but surely getting back into exercising. It's working so far, and I'm not too far from my goal compared to others (YOU GUYS CAN DO IT!!).

I'm sticking with my goal weight of 115b since I don't want to change anything right now, and I'll see what's up and how I feel at that point =D
  • Sherylmarlee
    Sherylmarlee Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Well every since Aquanet mile high hair went out in the 80's, I am 5' nothing. Weight fluctuates between 108-115. Would consider myself to have a muscular build. But, weight is such an ineffective measuring tool honestly. The biggest struggle or complaint I have for being fun size is that we have to work harder to burn the same amount of calories as our counterparts and a 5lb gain on us is similiar to a 10-15lb gain on our taller friends, visually anyway. Thank goodness determination and will is not directly correlated to your height!!!
  • SaraSillyRainbow
    Options

sounds like very few calories unless you're eating 6-8 eggs w/ 6-8 slices of bacon. 8oz fish/meat and veggies cooked in olive oil.

Calories-smalories. If I am satiated it is all that matters. I eat plenty of fat throughout the day that my tummy is content. Low calories doesn't always mean starvation and I'm definitely not into that.

I use MFP to track my carb intake since my goal is fat loss ;-)
  • dphet
    dphet Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm 5'0. I used to be at a comfortable weight at 110. But now I'm at 123 at age 25. I've gained tremendously fast and hoping maybe I can get back to my old self or even better. Looking for some inspiration.:)
  • Esther50
    Esther50 Posts: 252
    Options
    Wow, everyone here is going down to what I consider is a real low weight. I am 50 years old and weighing 110-120 just seems really low. My all time high was 213 at 5'1".
    Could it be because I am older? I am looking to get to 150. Should I rethink and maybe go lower?
  • Anyaaaa11
    Anyaaaa11 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and a half(; and I weigh 111-113. Currently not happy with how I look yet. I have a small frame so I can probably go as low as 102 without looking underweight. It's a hard process though. I want to gain muscle but lose fat but I'm still focused on what the scale says which isn't helping at all. Lol so basically at a stand still.

I'd LOVE to get down to 103-107
  • lexiyoo
    lexiyoo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 1 and 118 lbs, I used to want to get down to 110 lb but the more I lift and build muscle the more I LOVE looking muscular instead of just petite so at this point I don't really care about "loosing weight" more so than getting ripped! I was 112lb and wearing a 4p, now at 118lb I'm almost at a 2! I'm in the best shape of my life and thats after having twins which are now 2! Jus sayin... Pounds and the scale doesn't always mean everything!
  • stalyn151
    stalyn151 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I definitely do want to build muscle!! So if the scale goes up it goes up, I'm not going to hover around a certain number, my main goal is to drop some fat, build muscle, definitely go down a few pant sizes since I used to be a good 3 sizes lower, and just FEEL great!
  • jeanniebeanie59
    jeanniebeanie59 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    this is my first day....I love the site...I am 5'1 and weigh 127...at.58 ...it feels like alot to me right now...I am small framed and weight watchers say my goal weight should be 98.....thats way to low for me...but I feel great at 112-115...so thats what I am aiming for,...good luck to all of us!! great group!!
  • CherylYMerritt
    CherylYMerritt Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • hmbrandon
    hmbrandon Posts: 114
    Options
    I am 5'0 as well. :) When I was younger, I was 125 and still looked "chubby", so I'm aiming for 115 this time, possibly lower depending on how it goes. Good luck to you!
  • YahsPrincess
    Options
    4'11" here, looking to lose at least 40 lbs and I think i'll be happy, want to lose my belly too, mostly lower, had 5 c-sections so I hope it isn't that hard. I hate being short because the slightest amount of weight I gain really shows up! I stopped smoking in Feb and gained 30lbs! I was down to 145 before I quit smoking, that was not what I wanted to happen, so i'm trying to get motivated and I just can't seem to get over gaining that weight, i'm very impatient!! Add me if you like! =)