55ish gone...now the search for abs :)

Options

Replies

• Joy201
    Joy201 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You look great. Give yourself lots of pats on the back. BTW I see those abs as well :)
  • ccckwalk
    ccckwalk Posts: 262
    Options
    amazing! And I am pretty sure you don't have to look too hard for abs! You have done a great job keep it up!!! Simply amazing! ~Corina
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU SO MUCH pretty ladies :)... age actually i turn 27 tomorrow so this is just a little gift to me, not finished yet but what ever lol.

Before pictures are last year, and 4 years ago i feel like i look younger now but who knows lol, all the positive comments makes me beyond happy guys thanks a million :)

Missnewbooty your doing awesome and thank you :) i am pretty serious about getting to my goals but you are haulin *kitten* in the right direction just keep at it :)

I started this to get a gf...realized that was wrong motive....didnt work she used me (story of my life)...so i said im gonna do this for all the girls who have passed me by, shot me down and laughed in my face...for those who said i cant or couldnt do it...and most of all for me to love my self

^^ that last reason is the best of all! Way to go!!
  • savageman69
    savageman69 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    How tall are you brother? I'm 5'7"...and 180lbs right now. My most recent picture (last week) is my profile picture.

If I were to make a suggestion for your goals, I'd say cut back on the gym. Get a good lifting program (I can help if you want), lift 3x a week, eat at a slight deficit, and watch the bodyfat melt, while your muscles condition and strengthen.

Oh, and most importantly...REST! Rest builds muscles. Rest burns fat. Lifting, cardio...all these things are is primers. REST is what does ALL the work.

If you need anything man...just ask. YOU have done all the hard work...the rest is just touch up. You should be damn proud.
    Im roughly 5`11 i know i know im far to light lol...I just have to see abs before i start bulking to gain muscle...i do splits, like legs, arms traps, shoulders triceps, powerlifts abs. like that or do you feel i should do something different? I do take the weekend off every weekend from lifting and just keep up the cardio...Im semi proud its not really proud yet i have high expectations lol.
    If you feel i should change up the working out let me know i value your opinion you have great body (no homo lol) i wish i was built like that
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Oh Wow!!! You look awesome!! Congratulations!
  • savageman69
    Options
    Thanks laides....I like the muddy 4 wheeler as well lol.

Yes i agree the self love is the best reason without a doubt :)

As for the hot part that is something ive never felt EVER at any stage my slef image and courage needs work a lot like my abs lol

Thanks Corina im trying lol.....hope i dont have to look to far either lol
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Way to go on all your hard work!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    How tall are you brother? I'm 5'7"...and 180lbs right now. My most recent picture (last week) is my profile picture.

If I were to make a suggestion for your goals, I'd say cut back on the gym. Get a good lifting program (I can help if you want), lift 3x a week, eat at a slight deficit, and watch the bodyfat melt, while your muscles condition and strengthen.

Oh, and most importantly...REST! Rest builds muscles. Rest burns fat. Lifting, cardio...all these things are is primers. REST is what does ALL the work.

If you need anything man...just ask. YOU have done all the hard work...the rest is just touch up. You should be damn proud.
    Im roughly 5`11 i know i know im far to light lol...I just have to see abs before i start bulking to gain muscle...i do splits, like legs, arms traps, shoulders triceps, powerlifts abs. like that or do you feel i should do something different? I do take the weekend off every weekend from lifting and just keep up the cardio...Im semi proud its not really proud yet i have high expectations lol.
    If you feel i should change up the working out let me know i value your opinion you have great body (no homo lol) i wish i was built like that

Thanks for the compliments! This is your thread though man, and you've earned the recognition :).

On your workout...yes, I'd change things.

First...you don't need to 'bulk' to see more visible, larger appearing muscles. You can happily continue burning fat, while your muscles appear to be gaining in size due to increased glycogen storage, neuromuscular conditioning (strength), and definition from the lowering bodyfat. What I mean by this is that you can definitely lift heavy, eat a bit more (this will fuel your workouts) and burn fat like a madman for those visible abs.

Second...on your workout schedule, I'd ditch two days a week of lifting, and two days a week of cardio. Lift Monday, Wedeneday, and Friday, moderate cardio Tuesday and Thursday...and COMPLETELY rest on the weekend (activities are ok...lake, hiking...etc...just don't overdo it every weekend). This gives you the heart and health benefits of cardio (all that cardio really isn't helping you burn more fat...and might be exacerbating the thin look you're wanting to get rid of)...but more importantly, it gives you the high intensity, high weight hormonal input you need to put on a small amount of size, and cut the fat.

Third...on your workout itself. If you're comfortable researching form for compound barbell work (squats, deadlifts, rows, etc) I can set you up with a VERY effective, VERY simple program. If not...I can set you up with a similar program (more exercises though...and slightly less effective overall) using mostly dumbbells. You'll lift 3x a week, for about an hour...on a 5x5 format. My own workout consists of only nine lifts all week (three per day, 3x a week). Quantity and hitting every muscle from seven angles is not what breeds the success you want. Either of these programs is going to give you visible results in less than a month. I myself lost 40lbs of bodyfat in 3mos on a similar workout.

You've got the right attitude brother...now you just need the tools to do it :).
  • pstaceyca
    pstaceyca Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    You look amazing...great transformation!! You can see those abs coming through for sure!! Keep on doing what you are doing, it seems to be working!! :)
  • savageman69
    Options
    Thanks man i will get a hold of you...Im comfortable doing all the exersizes ive done everything but rows really. ill try and slow up on the cardio and stuff as well :). thank you i look forward to getting into serious mode now :)
  • savageman69
    Options
    You look amazing...great transformation!! You can see those abs coming through for sure!! Keep on doing what you are doing, it seems to be working!! :)

Thanks a lot man im trying :) thanks for the kind words
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats on our success and thanks for sharing!
  • FarmGirl69
    FarmGirl69 Posts: 211
    Options
    Looking good!! Keep up the great work...you truly are an inspiration! :drinker:
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Looking awesome, dude!!!!!!!!

You'll get the six pack, it's nearly there according to your pictures. :drinker:

Congratulations!!!!!!
  • savageman69
    Options
    Thanks guys the kind words and encouragement is better then the results...i will push harder and hoping to make it a reality lol

Thanks again your all very kind :)
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    You are a handsome man at any weight. Good for you. Keep the kind heart and don't worry about getting taken advantage of, worry about finding someone who also has a good heart and is worthy of your time and attention. Good luck with the working out. I love it too. It's good for your body AND your head!
  • pinkcupcake369
    Options
    WOW way to go!!!! I know this may be a lame suggestion but I do yoga abs...and I had no idea I even had those muscles until the next day. It's a nice relaxing way to wind down a workout.

Keep up the good work, you look GREAT!
  • nievamc5
    nievamc5 Posts: 35
    Options
    The abs are coming. Great loss. :)
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I too would like to be apart of the ab club :) Goal is for next summer but I am hoping for sooner.
    It looks like you are getting real close congrats.
    Ill send a friend request.
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Nice. REAL nice. Looks good. Be sure to show us the real "after" pics. :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!