Gym Membership

Options
I'm debating whether or not I want a gym membership.
I think I'd get good use out of it, though I am self-conscious. I'd be embarrassed being at the gym, sweating like a pig, in front of fitness barbie haha. Anyone have a gym membership? Is it worth it?

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Fitness Barbie is too into herself to care about you. If you want to join the gym do it! My membership is worth it to me.
  • blakhitman
    Options
    I realised the more I cared less about what others think at the gym the more I got out of working out. Get it, it'll make you go to the gym, and little by lttle you will start to not give a crap. trust me.
  • amersmanders
    amersmanders Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Just find a gym that works best for you. I belong to Snap Fitness and I love it because there aren't a bunch of muscle heads in there, and there aren't people trying to sell me a bunch of supplements while I'm working out and it isn't ever crowded. I've heard that Planet Fitness is supposed to have a "no judgment" environment, but I've read iffy reviews about their actual equipment and services, but if you are looking for a place where you might not feel as self-conscious, you might consider seeing if there is one around you.
  • mauibound2
    mauibound2 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I just joined the gym a month ago and I love it. Just put your ear buds in and rock away. There are some "barbie" types that come to my gym but I do not have time for worrying with them I just do my thing and feel better for it. If you feel ready to join a gym I say go for it. This journey is all about YOU :)
  • blakhitman
    Options
    Snap Fitness

haha that made me chuckle. hope you don't snap anything!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Fitness Barbie is too into herself to care about you. If you want to join the gym do it! My membership is worth it to me.
    this.

and even if she did, threaten to push her in the mud and she'll leave you alone.

my gym membership is worth it. i get workout ADD so i like having options. there's lots of free weight options. cardio options like versaclimber, treadmill, rower, stairclimber, bike, indoor track, outdoor heated pool, elliptical... my memberships works out to be about $2.50 a day which i think is a small price to pay for health. PLUS if you do flex spending at your job, you can get submit a claim to get your fees reimbursed since it's considered preventitive
  • lyndall5311
    lyndall5311 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    My membership is definitely worth it. I sweat like a pig, no-one really pays any attention as everyone is is there doing their own thing.