Flip flops

Options
Has anyone else seen people at the gym on the treadmill or elliptical in flip flops? I'm not talking sandals with a strap to hold them on, but full-on flip flops. Wouldn't that just make it so much more difficult to work out? I don't get it.

Replies

• cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Flip Flops were meant to wear to the shower or around the pool. Not every day, every where, every occasion.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Flip Flops were meant to wear to the shower or around the pool. Not every day, every where, every occasion.

With that stick up there it must get real tough to sit sometimes.
  • JessigirlJb
    Options
    i wouldn't personally but to each there own..
  • dkweathington
    dkweathington Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I love flip flops but never at the gym.
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I can be a little uncoordinated sometimes, but I can't imagine even attempting to run on a treadmill with them! Don't gyms usually have shoe wear policies for safety reasons?
  • Ilovejacks
    Ilovejacks Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    In Chas.SC we wear Flip flops every day,every where & For every occasion.Except the gym:):ohwell:
  • Ilovejacks
    Options
    In Chas.SC we wear Flip flops every day,every where & dor every occasion.Except the gym:):ohwell:
    *for
  • Jonalee1977
    Jonalee1977 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    My gym has a rule against flip-flops.
  • Ilovejacks
    Options

LOL
  • KeisterBunny
    KeisterBunny Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Flip flops are not for the gym and working out. They are very bad for your feet because you have to grab with your toes to keep them on, and there is no real support for your arches.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    ive wore flipflops to the gym before..
    but,i didnt know i was going to go to the gym .

true story.
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Yes. I rarely see people at the gym at my apartment, but a lady came in wearing flip flops and a sundress and started working out on the elliptical. I was like umm what? lol
  • ElleOQuent
    ElleOQuent Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    That's just one of the thousands of things that people do that has absolutely no impact on my life.
  • GypsysBloodRose26
    GypsysBloodRose26 Posts: 341 Member
    Options

And I adore you. That was hilarious.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

False.
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I love flip flops, but there's a time and a place for them... gym doesn't seem like the safest place for them though. Stubbed toes, getting stuck, dropping stuff...
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I squat and deadlift barefooted. I've seen other do so in flip flops. But running on a treadmill in flip flops, they must have major toe pinching strength.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

lol maybe if you live somewhere with horrible weather. here in Phoenix where it is sunny and nice almost all the time flip flops are everyday wear. :)
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Ouch. I'm picturing the flip flop breaking and seeing it go flying maybe hitting someone walking behind the machine who starts jumping up and down and knocks someone else down...sounds pretty darn dangerous. I think I'll move my butt WAY over to the other side of the gym room. Stomp. Stomp. Stomp.
  • innocenceportrayed
    innocenceportrayed Posts: 569 Member
    Options

Tell that to every florida resident, if you wear closed shoes, you're going somewhere fancy LOL

Our gyms around here do not allow flerp flerps on the machines. Yes, flerp flerps, if you haven't seen it, google it.