Flip flops

Options

Replies

• Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I've done it on the elliptical, but to be fair, only when I forgot my sneakers.
  • Alohathin
    Alohathin Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I live in Hawaii. I've seen people wear flip flops for EVERY occasion. ;) Some people only own flip flops. I've seen high schoolers on their PROM wearing flip flops. ;)
  • joecollins9385
    joecollins9385 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    My gym has a rule against flip-flops.

mine too. i keep a pair in my gym bag for after my workouts though :)
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    That's just one of the thousands of things that people do that has absolutely no impact on my life.

What she said.

I was under the (apparently false) impression that most gyms had a rule against that type of foot ware for reasons of liability. It seems like a really good way to bust ones backside. All I can think is Ouch.
  • cozmosis77
    cozmosis77 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That's just one of the thousands of things that people do that has absolutely no impact on my life.

Amen.

I keep hearing how the world is such a bad place. There's war. And a bad economy. And this. And that. But no matter how bad we've got it, there's time in the day to debate wearing flip flops at the gym. Sometimes I wonder what the generations who had to face the Great Depression or World War II would think about our "problems."
  • MeliJean78
    MeliJean78 Posts: 249
    Options
    Nothin says beast-mode like Flip Flops and wait .............yoga pants! Don't hate.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I squat and deadlift barefooted. I've seen other do so in flip flops. But running on a treadmill in flip flops, they must have major toe pinching strength.

LMAO! xD
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options

Amen.

I keep hearing how the world is such a bad place. There's war. And a bad economy. And this. And that. But no matter how bad we've got it, there's time in the day to debate wearing flip flops at the gym. Sometimes I wonder what the generations who had to face the Great Depression or World War II would think about our "problems."

No one is saying that it is a problem. Its just a silly topic in "chit-chat, fun, and games"
    Highly doubt anyone finds this to actually impact their life. Lighten up!
  • wildcelticrose
    wildcelticrose Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I was hiking on Mt Rainer in my flipflops on Sunday night when a friend and I drove up to watch the meteor shower.

Here in the Pacific Northwest, when we finally get summer it is meant to be fully, manically and obsessively embraced.

We didn't really have summer last year, so I refused to acknowledge fall by wearing pants or shoes other than flipflops until I absolutely had to.

I made it well past Winter Solstice in flipflops, I had to put pants on a bit earlier than that :(

Given the popularity of barefoot running, what's a bit of treadmilling in flips?

I manage a farmers' market and on Saturdays I walk (and sometimes run 8 - 10 miles a day in mine (thank goodness they're the squishy kind :)
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I would never go to the gym in flip flops, but I have been known to do a nice power walk on the beach boardwalk in them. Sometimes my feet get sore though, so I don't do it very often. For pretty much every other activity, flip flops are my go-to for as long as I can stand to wear them in the weather hehehe
  • Maurice1966
    Maurice1966 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    i prefer thongs
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    My gym has a rule against flip-flops.

mine too. i keep a pair in my gym bag for after my workouts though :)

Mine too, and they are quite the sticklers about foot wear, which I really don't mind.
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I seriously hate flip flops.
    I never wear them.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    :drinker:

I wear flip-flops May-September inclusive... except to the gym. But I don't care what other people do.
  • Jen_Jennings
    Jen_Jennings Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Flip Flops were meant to wear to the shower or around the pool. Not every day, every where, every occasion.

Sounds like you've never owned a pair of Reefs :)
  • vfnmoody
    vfnmoody Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Would you skip your workout if you got to the gym and found out you did not have running shoes?
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Flip Flops were meant to wear to the shower or around the pool. Not every day, every where, every occasion.

lol maybe if you live somewhere with horrible weather. here in Phoenix where it is sunny and nice almost all the time flip flops are everyday wear. :)

Same here in So Cal - year round.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Would you skip your workout if you got to the gym and found out you did not have running shoes?

I would not run in flip flops. Not safe, not fun.
  • laurie571
    laurie571 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    In Chas.SC we wear Flip flops every day,every where & For every occasion.Except the gym:):ohwell:
    in Florida we where everyday every place ... but the gym lol
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I sure couldn't use a treadmill in flip-flops, but i regularly use (my own personal) elliptical in bare feet. My husband cringes, but it doesn't bother me at all.